ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Henry commits to MSU...

Purdue needs Hunter. If we miss HIM then yes we struck out on that one.
Yeah if you miss on him, the class will have been a huge black eye for Painter. Still think you guys should have gone after Henry. He's gonna be a guy we hate playing against.

Yeah if you miss on him, the class will have been a huge black eye for Painter. Still think you guys should have gone after Henry. He's gonna be a guy we hate playing against.

Agree. If we land Hunter and Emmanuel Dowuona, I'll feel much better about the class.

Just so I understand...PU "struck out" by not offering a kid that they were not going to get?

Got it.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
A good four year role player. I don't think IU had a lot of room for him. I just hate that Tom Izzo got other kid from Indiana. I heard Trayce Jackson-Davis had a good visit in East Lansing over the weekend.

Jimmygoiu strikes out again.
No,the Broilees did. Broilees looked at Henry hard, but were rebuffed in their efforts, as he made it clear he wanted to play for a winner. Henry wouldn't even let them in the door. No means no, Matt.

No,the Broilees did. Broilees looked at Henry hard, but were rebuffed in their efforts, as he made it clear he wanted to play for a winner. Henry wouldn't even let them in the door. No means no, Matt.

His final 5 schools included Ohio State and Illinois who clearly aren't winners right now. Painter wasn't interested enough to offer.

If he wanted to play for a winner, choosing the winner of the BIG would make sense. You are at a distinct advantage on here. I can't use all the nicknames/slurs that you do or I'll get banned. I try to be respectful but you sure don't.

If he wanted to play for a winner, choosing the winner of the BIG would make sense. You are at a distinct advantage on here. I can't use all the nicknames/slurs that you do or I'll get banned. I try to be respectful but you sure don't.
Nine players transferred from the Broilees from the time that PorkChop became coach to the end of his 2nd year. You inferred that Archie did something wrong , in multiple posts and threads, after GG asked for his transfer. You have yet to respond to the transfers from pu, yet continue to return to our board. Nicknames are fun, and what slurs? Why are you still on this board? GBI has banned most non Broilee fans, for no reason in many cases. I would advise you to go back and join Abugabby and Heller and TwinDegrees-that sure is a respectful crew.

Reactions: IUgradman
Nine players transferred from the Broilees from the time that PorkChop became coach to the end of his 2nd year. You inferred that Archie did something wrong , in multiple posts and threads, after GG asked for his transfer. You have yet to respond to the transfers from pu, yet continue to return to our board. Nicknames are fun, and what slurs? Why are you still on this board? GBI has banned most non Broilee fans, for no reason in many cases. I would advise you to go back and join Abugabby and Heller and TwinDegrees-that sure is a respectful crew.
I have as much right to be here as you. I said that if you were Gelon's parents you wouldn't be too happy about it. I still feel that way. I don't know what a Broilee is and I don't know who Porkchop is. You think it's ok to address people in that manner and I find it disrespectful. I never said Miller did anything wrong. I said that I didn't agree with the way it was handled after being told that he was his boy. This is a forum for opinions. I gave mine. Let it go already. If you come over to GBI I will be a whole lot more respectful to you and Coach Miller than you are to me and the Purdue people.

I have as much right to be here as you. I said that if you were Gelon's parents you wouldn't be too happy about it. I still feel that way. I don't know what a Broilee is and I don't know who Porkchop is. You think it's ok to address people in that manner and I find it disrespectful. I never said Miller did anything wrong. I said that I didn't agree with the way it was handled after being told that he was his boy. This is a forum for opinions. I gave mine. Let it go already. If you come over to GBI I will be a whole lot more respectful to you and Coach Miller than you are to me and the Purdue people.
What about the nine transfers? How about addressing that, since you have such a problem with GG's transfer.

I have never understood why any poster from another school would want to go to another teams board.

What about the nine transfers? How about addressing that, since you have such a problem with GG's transfer.

Which 9 guys are you referring to? Purdue's roster when Painter took over was pretty bad. Keady didn't leave him with much of anything. And some of those guys were kicked off the team too like Korey Spates.

Which 9 guys are you referring to? Purdue's roster when Painter took over was pretty bad. Keady didn't leave him with much of anything. And some of those guys were kicked off the team too like Korey Spates.
I listed all nine in a previous post , NINE
So, Keady did not leave him with much, and PorkChop has nine of these players leave in his first 2 1/2 years. Spates was kicked off, and GG elected to transfer. If GG had been kicked off by Archie, he had a full ride at IU due to the BofR. GG elected to transfer. GG was NOT kicked off of the team, as Choppy seems to believe.

Eight other Broilees "decided to transfer", as they did not have the BofR to fall back on. Spates was kicked off. PorkChop rebuilt his roster, with the departure of these nine players. Choppy is all butthurt because 1 IU player elected to transfer, but still won't address what pu did. nine vs one

I listed all nine in a previous post , NINE
So, Keady did not leave him with much, and PorkChop has nine of these players leave in his first 2 1/2 years. Spates was kicked off, and GG elected to transfer. If GG had been kicked off by Archie, he had a full ride at IU due to the BofR. GG elected to transfer. GG was NOT kicked off of the team, as Choppy seems to believe.

Eight other Broilees "decided to transfer", as they did not have the BofR to fall back on. Spates was kicked off. PorkChop rebuilt his roster, with the departure of these nine players. Choppy is all butthurt because 1 IU player elected to transfer, but still won't address what pu did. nine vs one

Which post? I'd be curious to see the 9.

FYI, previous conversations relating to your question:
Gelon Matter
  1. jimmygoiu wrote to Choptalk :
  2. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You brought up the GG thing, which to me is not even an issue, on three different threads multiple times. As you are Broilee fan, that is trolling to me. You just don't let it die, and you are being silly. Now, I promise you if I were GG's dad, he would still be at IU, as a free ride student, rather than be at State Fair playing for the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I would have told him the truth, as Archie did. GG is a D3 player, and IU offered him a chance to go to school for free, thanks to Tom Crean's hyper offers. \

Are you going to ever address PorkChop's running off of 6 players when he took over for Keady? Painter was on the staff when all of these players committed to PUke.
  3. New Pal Boiler wrote:
    Please list all 6 of these players. (Spoiler alert: you can't, because there weren't 6)

84 New Pal Boiler, Aug 31, 2017
    Like + Quote Reply

4. jimmygoiu All-American

New Pal Boiler said:
    Please list all 6 of these players. (Spoiler alert: you can't, because there weren't 6)

5. Ok, from memory so there could be more, in Pork Chops first 3 seasons:
    Ije Nwanko
    Adam Liddell
    Xavier Price
    Marcus White(removed from team due to "career ending injury" per CMP, but immediately turned pro and played in Lebanon and Irag in that current bball season and next 3 seasons).
    Korey Spates
    Nate Minnoy
    Dan Vandervieren
    John Uchendu
    Chris Lutz

My apologies, it was at least nine, not six. NewPally, my original post to Choppy stated that PorkChop ran off at least 6 in his first few seasons as Broilee coach. The proof is right here. Choppy was all upset and had the vapors over GG's transfer, if you had not read his multiple posts in multiple threads.

footnote, Terrance Crump (05-06 recruit) ran over a Broilee student while drunk, but remained on team.
  6. I should have written that all these players committed to or played at Purdue when PorkChop was coaching, either as assoc. head coach, or after he became head coach. Porky became head coach the day after Keady's last game. I believe ALL of these transfers occurred after PorkChop became head coach. nine

Archie has had one player transfer since he became head coach. Painter had NINE after two years as head coach, including several before he coached his first game. Porky had "the meeting" with these kids , and they left shortly afterwards. It happens, and maybe Archie will have 8 more kids transfer the next two seasons. I doubt it though.

We'll see how Archie and Matt compare at the end of Archie's second season. This whole issue is because Choppy and other PUke fans attempt to demean or cast a shadow on our new coach because GG transferred. It's not an issue, and certainly none of your concern, as PUke fans. Kids transfer, and coaches are involved in the transfer. But, NINE transfers is a lot!

7. TheSettlers.jpg
© Yahoo! Inc.

Gelon Matter
  2. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You brought up the GG thing, which to me is not even an issue, on three different threads multiple times. As you are Broilee fan, that is trolling to me. You just don't let it die, and you are being silly. Now, I promise you if I were GG's dad, he would still be at IU, as a free ride student, rather than be at State Fair playing for the Fightin' Corn Dogs. I would have told him the truth, as Archie did. GG is a D3 player, and IU offered him a chance to go to school for free, thanks to Tom Crean's hyper offers. \

Are you going to ever address PorkChop's running off of 6 players when he took over for Keady? Painter was on the staff when all of these players committed to PUke.
  3. New Pal Boiler wrote:

Like + Quote Reply

New Pal Boiler said:

Ije Nwanko
    Adam Liddell
    Xavier Price
    Marcus White(removed from team due to "career ending injury" per CMP, but immediately turned pro and played in Lebanon and Irag in that current bball season and next 3 seasons).
    Korey Spates
    Nate Minnoy
    Dan Vandervieren
    John Uchendu
    Chris Lutz

My apologies, it was at least nine, not six. NewPally, my original post to Choppy stated that PorkChop ran off at least 6 in his first few seasons as Broilee coach. The proof is right here. Choppy was all upset and had the vapors over GG's transfer, if you had not read his multiple posts in multiple threads.

footnote, Terrance Crump (05-06 recruit) ran over a Broilee student while drunk, but remained on team.
  6. I should have written that all these players committed to or played at Purdue when PorkChop was coaching, either as assoc. head coach, or after he became head coach. Porky became head coach the day after Keady's last game. I believe ALL of these transfers occurred after PorkChop became head coach. nine

Archie has had one player transfer since he became head coach. Painter had NINE after two years as head coach, including several before he coached his first game. Porky had "the meeting" with these kids , and they left shortly afterwards. It happens, and maybe Archie will have 8 more kids transfer the next two seasons. I doubt it though.

We'll see how Archie and Matt compare at the end of Archie's second season. This whole issue is because Choppy and other PUke fans attempt to demean or cast a shadow on our new coach because GG transferred. It's not an issue, and certainly none of your concern, as PUke fans. Kids transfer, and coaches are involved in the transfer. But, NINE transfers is a lot!

7. TheSettlers.jpg
© Yahoo! Inc.

Spates, Minnoy, Lutz, White, Price, and Nwankwo had shown to be solid players but left for disciplinary reasons or because they thought they'd have a better chance at more playing time elsewhere. The other 3 weren't good enough and were likely asked to leave.

Gelon Matter

3. New Pal Boiler wrote:

Like + Quote Reply

New Pal Boiler said:

Ije Nwanko
    Adam Liddell
    Xavier Price
    Korey Spates
    Nate Minnoy
    Dan Vandervieren
    John Uchendu
    Chris Lutz

7. TheSettlers.jpg
© Yahoo! Inc.

You could remind them of the 2009 thru 2013 classes where 11 of the 17 recruits transferred or kicked off...

09 - Marcius, Bade, Barlow
10 - A Johnson
11 - Lawson, Hale
12 - R Johnson, Simpson (medical I believe)
13 - Smootherman, Scott, Stephens

Purdue is as guilty as anyone in the transfer department.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Spates, Minnoy, Lutz, White, Price, and Nwankwo had shown to be solid players but left for disciplinary reasons or because they thought they'd have a better chance at more playing time elsewhere. The other 3 weren't good enough and were likely asked to leave.
You mean like Gelon was not good enough

You could remind them of the 2009 thru 2013 classes where 11 of the 17 recruits transferred or kicked off...

09 - Marcius, Bade, Barlow
10 - A Johnson
11 - Lawson, Hale
12 - R Johnson, Simpson (medical I believe)
13 - Smootherman, Scott, Stephens

Purdue is as guilty as anyone in the transfer department.

Exactly. If you're going to reference transfers, let's not use the first year or two. Using the first few years is silly. Total valid for the 2009-2013 classes for Painter though.

Exactly. If you're going to reference transfers, let's not use the first year or two. Using the first few years is silly. Total valid for the 2009-2013 classes for Painter though.

Yep. I think it's a CBB issue, not an IU or PU issue. Just like players doing stupid stuff off the court. With social media, you can't pull that magic curtain these days to make issues disappear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT