ADVERTISEMENT

Aamaris Brown decommit

gmbenz

Recruit
Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone have details? There was no article posted or twitter posting. Best of luck to him, he has plenty of time to find a good fit.

From what I have heard it was a mutual decision by the school and himself which is why it may not have gone live to twitter

Reactions: 76-1
That's a bummer. I really liked his size and speed. His offer list was really good too. Good luck to him.

That's a bummer. I really liked his size and speed. His offer list was really good too. Good luck to him.

He had a long list but I wasn't blown away by the teams that had offered him. That's not a bash and I liked him too but are we excited about Kansas St., Illinois, Rutgers?

He had a long list but I wasn't blown away by the teams that had offered him. That's not a bash and I liked him too but are we excited about Kansas St., Illinois, Rutgers?
Seriously? We'd be jumping for joy if we were as successful as Pitt, WVa, Mizzou, Iowa State, etc.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I dont like decommits either but with it being a small class and if it is true it was a mutual split then the coaching staff may have their eyes on a target they like more.

Well said. These are high school kids. Wish him the best and success ahead. That said, I truly don't think he was a can't miss 4-star talent and also agree with allegedly 20 kids in this next class, every spot is valuable and I believe as IU's season progresses and they play well and get some wins. (Imagine if they beat OSU?) IU will have the big boy offers they have out possibly calling them. Will be nice to have any spots available then!

You mean that KSU program that has six 8+ win season since 2010? Definitely don't want anyone they offered...

I didn't say we don't want someone who KSU offered, that was your words. What I said was I wouldn't necessarily call KSU "really good". That's quite the stretch. And lets look at their last 4 recruiting classes, shall we?

2019 - 62nd
2018 - 66th
2017 - 61st
2016 - 72nd

Yeah, pretty sure if we stole one of their recruits, our class might drop in the rankings.

I didn't say we don't want someone who KSU offered, that was your words. What I said was I wouldn't necessarily call KSU "really good". That's quite the stretch. And lets look at their last 4 recruiting classes, shall we?

2019 - 62nd
2018 - 66th
2017 - 61st
2016 - 72nd

Yeah, pretty sure if we stole one of their recruits, our class might drop in the rankings.

So you would rather "win" recruiting than the actual game? KSU has their own way of recruiting and it produced 8,9,10 and even 11 win seasons in the last 10 years.

So yes, I'll have what she is having, in this instance.

So you would rather "win" recruiting than the actual game? KSU has their own way of recruiting and it produced 8,9,10 and even 11 win seasons in the last 10 years.

So yes, I'll have what she is having, in this instance.

lol Again, I didn't say any of that. Why do you keep making up phrases that no one other than yourself has stated? You must be Ord Fan or FPeaugh....

KSU has their own way and has done a great job winning games. In no way would I confuse that with their scholarship offers as being great. If your entire argument is based off KSU than i rest my case.....successfully.

Shows they knew how to develop kids or how bogus recruiting rankings are or both!!!

2019 - 62nd
2018 - 66th
2017 - 61st
2016 - 72nd

Reactions: codylance
Shows they knew how to develop kids or how bogus recruiting rankings are or both!!!

It definitely shows they knew how to develop kids. Great job on their part. STILL doesn't make their offer one to stand in awe of. Which was and still is the point I have made.

Probably a mix of underrated by services and development.

What's more important? The opinion of coaches (whose job depends on it) and the offers or opinion of sports writers whose job really doesn't depend on accuracy.

Reactions: 76-1
lol Again, I didn't say any of that. Why do you keep making up phrases that no one other than yourself has stated? You must be Ord Fan or FPeaugh....

KSU has their own way and has done a great job winning games. In no way would I confuse that with their scholarship offers as being great. If your entire argument is based off KSU than i rest my case.....successfully.

You mentioned KSU's recruiting as if that mattered more than actually winning games:

"Yeah, pretty sure if we stole one of their recruits, our class might drop in the rankings."

You mentioned KSU's recruiting as if that mattered more than actually winning games:

"Yeah, pretty sure if we stole one of their recruits, our class might drop in the rankings."

Tell me where I said recruiting matters more than actually winning games? That's nonsense if you took that from what I said. I have outlined it now multiple times. A KSU offer is not one I consider to be "great". I explained in detail why I don't consider it to be great.

KSU has definitely won games as of late and I would rather have their outcomes but to misconstrue what I said to mean anything different than what I continue to say is on you.

Tell me where I said recruiting matters more than actually winning games? That's nonsense if you took that from what I said. I have outlined it now multiple times. A KSU offer is not one I consider to be "great". I explained in detail why I don't consider it to be great.

KSU has definitely won games as of late and I would rather have their outcomes but to misconstrue what I said to mean anything different than what I continue to say is on you.

I never said a KSU offer was great.

"Are we excited about Kansas st...?"

I would say yes, KSU is a good program. But according to you, that would drag down our recruiting rankings.

I never said a KSU offer was great.

"Are we excited about Kansas st...?"

I would say yes, KSU is a good program. But according to you, that would drag down our recruiting rankings.

Right, again I will repeat, are we excited about the Kansas State OFFER? That is what this entire thread is about so don't change it now to try to accommodate your nonsense. I've never thought of us getting a recruit over KSU as a great get. This conversation has nothing to do with the trajectory of the program or their wins in recent years in comparison to IU. Bill Snyder was a great X's and O's coach who retired last year but he was old and his recruiting was not very good. Hence the reason for us not to be excited about a KSU offer. I would take it a step further and say its ridiculous this is even a misconstrued thought process.

You really need to re-read this thread because either you don't understand the discussion or you realize you stepped into the ring without understanding the discussion and now you want to twist it to make you not look so foolish.

I can think of one KSU guy that choose IU that turned out pretty well for us. I think his name was Alvin Nugent McMillin. Better known as Bo. Glad he chose IU over KSU back in late 1933 or early 1934.
VBG.

Reactions: YOTHN and RBB89
I can think of one KSU guy that choose IU that turned out pretty well for us. I think his name was Alvin Nugent McMillin. Better known as Bo. Glad he chose IU over KSU back in late 1933 or early 1934.
VBG.

Touche! I stand corrected. vbg

Reactions: 82IU
Right, again I will repeat, are we excited about the Kansas State OFFER? That is what this entire thread is about so don't change it now to try to accommodate your nonsense. I've never thought of us getting a recruit over KSU as a great get. This conversation has nothing to do with the trajectory of the program or their wins in recent years in comparison to IU. Bill Snyder was a great X's and O's coach who retired last year but he was old and his recruiting was not very good. Hence the reason for us not to be excited about a KSU offer. I would take it a step further and say its ridiculous this is even a misconstrued thought process.

You really need to re-read this thread because either you don't understand the discussion or you realize you stepped into the ring without understanding the discussion and now you want to twist it to make you not look so foolish.

No we are just thinking differently. A lower rated recruit getting turned into a player that contributes for a program that, recently, won 8+ games more often than not is a good get.

I haven't twisted anything, just going back and quoting you. We can have different opinions here, it's ok.

No we are just thinking differently. A lower rated recruit getting turned into a player that contributes for a program that, recently, won 8+ games more often than not is a good get.

I haven't twisted anything, just going back and quoting you. We can have different opinions here, it's ok.

So you think they are recruiting well, but the rankings are off? The coaching was not the reason? Is that where we are disagreeing then? Interesting POV.

ADVERTISEMENT