ADVERTISEMENT

A Week From Tonight . . .

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
... Bloomington will be at the center of the college football universe. With the possible exception of the Michigan State game in 1987, an IU football game hasn't received this much national attention in 50 years (January 1, 1968), and I'm not sure there's been a brighter spotlight on an IU football game played in Bloomington in program history. This is a unique opportunity to showcase our exceptional school, our beautiful campus and facilities, and our rising football program. I am so pumped. Go Hoosiers!

There will be pressure on both teams. IU because they will be the center of the college football universe and as stated that's been awhile. OSU because this is the start of their hopeful playoff run. Indiana while wanting to win, doesn't have to win for this game to be a positive. OSU obviously has to win, but has to win fairly big for it NOT to be a negative. Interesting to see who gets affected the most.

Agreed about the pressure. I don't care who you are and at what level you're playing - - there's always first game jitters. In addition, your team is expected/hoping to run the table, and ours is not accustomed to this kind of attention. I expect both teams to look tight early on, with an opportunity for one or both teams to exploit an early mistake.

I also agree that a close IU loss would be deemed a positive for the Hoosiers, and even a blowout loss wouldn't close the door on a successful season. However, there is no denying that this game presents an opportunity for IU to make headlines with a startling upset victory - - an outcome that would be transformational for the Indiana football program. There's a helluva lot riding on this game.

Reactions: td75
I have been trying to visualize how the game is going to go for weeks. Yesterday, I realized that I was missing a big factor. This is Allen's second year with mostly the same personnel on defense. They will be caught up on the scheme learning curve.

I have been trying to visualize how the game is going to go for weeks. Yesterday, I realized that I was missing a big factor. This is Allen's second year with mostly the same personnel on defense. They will be caught up on the scheme learning curve.
Agree, think Defense will be strong right out of the gates. But that is an ominous post for the offense...we have an entire new staff that side of the ball! (I'm still bullish though!)

I think all the returning defensive players will be a big plus for IU. I suppose as an OSU fan the positive is that there will be a lot of film on them. Like many of you I'm looking foreword to the game. Waiting for the season to start is always like being a kid again in anticipation of Christmas, but openers against MAC teams or mid-level teams from another conference is like running down the stairs to open the I'll-fitting sweater that your Aunt Margaret knitted. Starting with a quality Big 10 Game is at least like opening something in your Christmas List, and maybe even better.

Well personally, I would say for tearing down our goal post, destroying our fence, spray painting our concourse, and then refusing to pay for it back in 1996. But that's just me.
Except they did pay for it. Repeating the lie that they didn't doesn't eventually make it true.

Last edited:
Except they did pay for it. Repeatedly the lie that they didn't doesn't eventually make it true.

Well I for one am very glad that Ewezerfan1 was able to provide some closure. I would also argue that maybe the 1997 or 1998 teams deserved bad karma for this, but in 2017 there are no longer any major players, coaches, or Administration left at OSU.

Well I for one am very glad that Ewezerfan1 was able to provide some closure. I would also argue that maybe the 1997 or 1998 teams deserved bad karma for this, but in 2017 there are no longer any major players, coaches, or Administration left at OSU.
But it's possible that some of the OSU fans who attended that game are still alive today, so retribution must still be RBB's and IU's.

Well I was mostly joking. I have that guy on ignore, so I assume he posted something obnoxious and pedantic.

anybody else starting to panic over Harvey spoiling the show?
Seriously?

The Bloomington weather forecast for Thursday night is partly cloudy, low 70s at kick, dropping into the 60s during the game.Sounds like a great night to be outside watching a Big Ten football game!

Reactions: IUPACERHORSE
Seriously?

The Bloomington weather forecast for Thursday night is partly cloudy, low 70s at kick, dropping into the 60s during the game.Sounds like a great night to be outside watching a Big Ten football game!
Ha ha yeah I'm not really sure where he got that from.

As an OSU fan I hope the weather is as described- perfect. Still have chills literally and figuratively from a cold rainy night against Michigan State in 2015.

But it's possible that some of the OSU fans who attended that game are still alive today, so retribution must still be RBB's and IU's.

The perfect evening would be the IU Stadium rushing the field in a fit of euphoria, hurdling the visiting teams benches, in a rush for the goal posts and DD is pissing his khakis on the OSU sideline because he realizes he is a ship with no port as UM uses him as a blocking dummy..... all of this happening with zero injuries except a bruised ego for wet panties....

May not make sense to some of you, but DD standing on the sideline of OSU at a home game was in poor taste. Friends or not. Bad taste.... I want to win for this reason alone....

Well personally, I would say for tearing down our goal post, destroying our fence, spray painting our concourse, and then refusing to pay for it back in 1996. But that's just me.

I believe they paid for the goalpost, not sure about the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT