ADVERTISEMENT

A special kind of stupid

Tasmanian Devil

All-American
May 27, 2010
In a thread titled “The officiating was very clever tonight” on Rupp Rafters, the OP stated this:

When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul.

When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.

1 Today at 4:33 AM

Are you kidding me?

First it was John Higgins’ fault. Now, the refs deliberately called fouls on a UK player because the refs know the player will miss?

Wow . . .

stupid-is-as-stupid-does.jpg

I have a much better question: Why was Washington constantly getting the ball late in the game when UK 1) knew he was going to get fouled, and 2) knew he had been bricking them all game?

Nobody brought up the goal tend where Washington pulled the rim down going up for a block.

I also didn't see many bringing up Kentucky shoving KStates players on the free throws. Wasn't it a little odd that they got multiple second chances off miss free throws? Because they were pinning them while pushing them under the rim.

It worked so maybe we should do it.

Anyway I thought it was sweet justice that Diaillo was called for the foul off another free throw miss. I actually thought that one was legit but it made up for the ten previous.

Reactions: IUgradman
The Higgins thing last season was pretty legit complaint. It's kind of like the Ted Valentine thing to us. Maybe not that bad. What was some of the responses to this OP?

The Higgins thing last season was pretty legit complaint. It's kind of like the Ted Valentine thing to us. Maybe not that bad. What was some of the responses to this OP?
The irony of this thread among people who swear Valentine single handedly cost IU a national championship is both funny and sad. Easier to point at others, apparently.

This is an emerging place to learn all about Purdue and Kentucky hoops, though.

The irony of this thread among people who swear Valentine single handedly cost IU a national championship is both funny and sad. Easier to point at others, apparently.

This is an emerging place to learn all about Purdue and Kentucky hoops, though.
I don't know if Valentine single handedly cost IU a national championship, but he sure as hell cost IU that game.

Won’t disagree there.

But I’d love to have the stupid-a$$ shot Eric Anderson took right before halftime with us up 8 back, I can tell you that. From a SENIOR, no less!!
Man, that shot ..but .. how about not letting Hurley go off on off the dribble 3's. Plus that's all first half, which sets the table, games are won in the 2nd half. If you ever get a chance, watch that second half again. Note the 50/50 calls on block/charge and go from there. Knight had a reason to be pissed.

Man, that shot ..but .. how about not letting Hurley go off on off the dribble 3's. Plus that's all first half, which sets the table, games are won in the 2nd half. If you ever get a chance, watch that second half again. Note the 50/50 calls on block/charge and go from there. Knight had a reason to be pissed.
Were quite a bit of the call in the 2nd half questionable? Absolutely.

But we put ourselves in the position to let officials calls be a factor by the way we finished the 1st half. Had a 14 point lead and pissed it away . . .

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT