ADVERTISEMENT

A Reckoning Is Coming

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
An NBC poll asked Republicans “Do you consider yourself to be more of a supporter of Donald Trump or more of a supporter of the Republican Party?”

The result was party 50 Trump 40. NBC said that was the lowest number for Trump and highest for the GOP since the question was first asked.

All you jerks who have been mistreating your Republican “friends” the last several years have started a tsunami - and it’s gonna sweep the Democrats into the ash-heap

Reminds me of a Charles Atlas commercial

An NBC poll asked Republicans “Do you consider yourself to be more of a supporter of Donald Trump or more of a supporter of the Republican Party?”

The result was party 50 Trump 40. NBC said that was the lowest number for Trump and highest for the GOP since the question was first asked.

All you jerks who have been mistreating your Republican “friends” the last several years have started a tsunami - and it’s gonna sweep the Democrats into the ash-heap

If only the unvaccinated are dying, then surely Republicans are in trouble? ;)

If only the unvaccinated are dying, then surely Republicans are in trouble? ;)
Pretty low and desperate if that's what Democrats are counting on... (and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were [just based on what they did in sending the infected to Nursing Homes it seems clear that they are].. )...

Sort of says a lot about whether they're actually winning or losing in the arena of ideas...

Guardian-Helmets-Epilepsy-Helmet-Seizure-Helmet.jpg

Reactions: UncleMark

I don't know if the poll is accurate or not, but your post leaves me confused. I'm not sure what relevance this statement has to the poll?

"All you jerks who have been mistreating your Republican “friends” the last several years have started a tsunami - and it’s gonna sweep the Democrats into the ash-heap."

Now I don't know if you're just trolling, or if you're making what you think is an accurate assessment. But I think the pro vs anti-Trump aspect of the primaries heading into the 2022 midterms is going to result in some very problematic candidates emerging for the GOP who have to face the entire electorate in the midterms...

Generally speaking, primary voters are the most extreme faction of their respective parties. Because Biden is a centrist, that left-wing element of the Dems will be muted in terms of which Dem candidates emerge into the General election. We already saw that in Ohio where Nina Turner lost to Shontel Brown. Progressives aren't happy, but the fact is if progressives had turned out in the necessary amount Turner would have won. The fact that she lost, indicates that Brown is the BEST Dem candidate to appeal to general election voters, who tend to be moderate...

The Pubs may win the House, where races are inordinately shaped by redistricting.
But the Senate where all the voters in the state have a voice is going to be problematic for pro-Trump GOP candidates who come from purple states where Trump is a negative.

Just today Herschel Walker announced he's running in GA for Warnock's seat, and he'll likely emerge as the GOP candidate. But even before he announced it's become clear he's a flawed candidate with domestic abuse issues, including his wife recounting in a book that he pointed a gun at her head.

If Warnock was running after a 6 yr term and had any sort of negative record, then he might be vulnerable to a flawed candidate. But with this election coming only 2 yrs into Warnock's term, I'm not sure Walker is the candidate to take away Warnock's support from the coalition that elected him.

Walker (like Warnock) is a political novice. He has name recognition, but how does that translate to support among the same (former GOP leaning) Suburban voters who will choose between the Pastor of Ebenezer Church (who they just elected) and a former football star who has had several run-ins with domestic abuse allegations? Walker won't be bothered by those issues when he has Trump's endorsement in the Primary, but that's just not going to help him with the people who already voted for Biden and Warnock 2 yrs earlier...

And GA might be the best option the GOP has for stealing a Dem Senate seat. Conversely, the GOP could be in trouble in both NC and WI, where Trump will be an issue. In NC Trump endorsed the weakest of 3 Pub candidates in terms of having the best shot in the general. If that candidate (Ted Budd) beats out McCrory, then the Dems have an excellent chance to pick up Burr's seat...

Ron Johnson in Wisconsin still hasn't announced if he'll retire. If he doesn't run then the Pubs have to come up with a viable candidate and time is getting short. But even if he runs he has spent the past 6 months making a fool of himself and alienating non-Trumpists. Again he appeals to the GOP Primary voter, but trying to pivot to the center for the general will be hard for him, in light of the way he's alienated folks with his bizarre behavior.

Downplaying events of Jan 6 and opposing Juneteenth will work for Senators in deep Red states. But Wisconsin has elected all Dems since Trump and Johnson both won in 2016, so it's not even trending pink. Baldwin won re-election in 2018 by double digits, following Trump's narrow victory in 2016 when turnout was low. An Aug MU poll showed Johnson's approval rating in the high 30s, which IMO shows how much of a problem he's going to have trying to shake his pro-Trump image...

Reactions: larsIU and DrHoops
I don't know man as the rise of Bernie caused a house divided and got Trump elected in the first place.

That was the one thing the Trump got out of the republican party....near 100% loyalty.

Are you saying that's not the case now? Good.

What's going to happen in these republican primaries....either a Trumpy guy will win (which will be easy to cast as a loon or a spineless ass kisser) or the non Trumpy guy will win which I strongly doubt the Trumpers will support a 'RINO' in their eyes.

Gonna have to find the non-trumpy candidate that the Trumpsters like.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
Wow.... how ancient are you to not know what The Vid is?
He did just retire, so that's a tell. To be fair, I have no idea how long it was there prior to my getting to Bloomington in 93

The docs have no real idea why the dying are dying and the living live. But it’s dang sure not a voter registration issue!
The recent study from LA county is pretty clear. In an area where Delta is out of control, still your risk of death from COVID goes up 30-fold if you are unvaccinated. The study didn't ask them why they were unvaccinated, but plenty of other studies have.

The recent study from LA county is pretty clear. In an area where Delta is out of control, still your risk of death from COVID goes up 30-fold if you are unvaccinated. The study didn't ask them why they were unvaccinated, but plenty of other studies have.
Actual stats are preferable. The chance of being on a vent if vax is .2% if unvacd .5%

I am not sure why that poll means much. It doesn't tell us how many Americans identitify as Republican and if that number is up or down.

We also have no idea what is going to happen in the next 14 months and especially not the next 38 months.

I don't know if the poll is accurate or not, but your post leaves me confused. I'm not sure what relevance this statement has to the poll?

"All you jerks who have been mistreating your Republican “friends” the last several years have started a tsunami - and it’s gonna sweep the Democrats into the ash-heap."

Now I don't know if you're just trolling, or if you're making what you think is an accurate assessment. But I think the pro vs anti-Trump aspect of the primaries heading into the 2022 midterms is going to result in some very problematic candidates emerging for the GOP who have to face the entire electorate in the midterms...

Generally speaking, primary voters are the most extreme faction of their respective parties. Because Biden is a centrist, that left-wing element of the Dems will be muted in terms of which Dem candidates emerge into the General election. We already saw that in Ohio where Nina Turner lost to Shontel Brown. Progressives aren't happy, but the fact is if progressives had turned out in the necessary amount Turner would have won. The fact that she lost, indicates that Brown is the BEST Dem candidate to appeal to general election voters, who tend to be moderate...

The Pubs may win the House, where races are inordinately shaped by redistricting.
But the Senate where all the voters in the state have a voice is going to be problematic for pro-Trump GOP candidates who come from purple states where Trump is a negative.

Just today Herschel Walker announced he's running in GA for Warnock's seat, and he'll likely emerge as the GOP candidate. But even before he announced it's become clear he's a flawed candidate with domestic abuse issues, including his wife recounting in a book that he pointed a gun at her head.

If Warnock was running after a 6 yr term and had any sort of negative record, then he might be vulnerable to a flawed candidate. But with this election coming only 2 yrs into Warnock's term, I'm not sure Walker is the candidate to take away Warnock's support from the coalition that elected him.

Walker (like Warnock) is a political novice. He has name recognition, but how does that translate to support among the same (former GOP leaning) Suburban voters who will choose between the Pastor of Ebenezer Church (who they just elected) and a former football star who has had several run-ins with domestic abuse allegations? Walker won't be bothered by those issues when he has Trump's endorsement in the Primary, but that's just not going to help him with the people who already voted for Biden and Warnock 2 yrs earlier...

And GA might be the best option the GOP has for stealing a Dem Senate seat. Conversely, the GOP could be in trouble in both NC and WI, where Trump will be an issue. In NC Trump endorsed the weakest of 3 Pub candidates in terms of having the best shot in the general. If that candidate (Ted Budd) beats out McCrory, then the Dems have an excellent chance to pick up Burr's seat...

Ron Johnson in Wisconsin still hasn't announced if he'll retire. If he doesn't run then the Pubs have to come up with a viable candidate and time is getting short. But even if he runs he has spent the past 6 months making a fool of himself and alienating non-Trumpists. Again he appeals to the GOP Primary voter, but trying to pivot to the center for the general will be hard for him, in light of the way he's alienated folks with his bizarre behavior.

Downplaying events of Jan 6 and opposing Juneteenth will work for Senators in deep Red states. But Wisconsin has elected all Dems since Trump and Johnson both won in 2016, so it's not even trending pink. Baldwin won re-election in 2018 by double digits, following Trump's narrow victory in 2016 when turnout was low. An Aug MU poll showed Johnson's approval rating in the high 30s, which IMO shows how much of a problem he's going to have trying to shake his pro-Trump image...
Get the Blue Cheese dressing and croutons Word Salad is at it again!

Here is a link to the poll.

In my opinion Trump remains the overwhelming leader of the GOP as shown in this excerpt from the article concerning the poll,

Among Republicans who say their primary loyalty is to Trump over the party, 98 percent approve of his performance. For those who say they prioritize the party over the president, his approval still stands at 81 percent — virtually unchanged from October. (The findings contrast with some other recent national polls showing Trump's job rating lower. Unlike other surveys that sampled all U.S. adults, NBC News' poll surveyed registered voters.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT