ADVERTISEMENT

A quick board suggestion for the Mods...

MTBRider

Junior
Jun 20, 2003
I let my premium subscription expire shortly after the Peegs debacle. As athletics start to ramp back up, I've considered joining again. I do some snooping around to see what's being discussed and see what the articles of the day are. Here's my rub, whenever I start to read any banners on this page...which IMO should be used to promote content...I continually get some cheesy ass ad that pops up and blocks the teaser content. It seems to have gotten worse lately with the election crap going on, but nonetheless, it's always annoying.

I'm in marketing and I would be ripping one of my employees backsides if this was one of my projects. Rant over.

Make the Water Cooler a premium service.
Since the topics there revolve around people who take our money and provide nothing in return that seems to make sense. At least here you have the option of paying or not rather than have them steal it from you.

Reactions: Lucy01
I let my premium subscription expire shortly after the Peegs debacle. As athletics start to ramp back up, I've considered joining again. I do some snooping around to see what's being discussed and see what the articles of the day are. Here's my rub, whenever I start to read any banners on this page...which IMO should be used to promote content...I continually get some cheesy ass ad that pops up and blocks the teaser content. It seems to have gotten worse lately with the election crap going on, but nonetheless, it's always annoying.

I'm in marketing and I would be ripping one of my employees backsides if this was one of my projects. Rant over.
I actually love the freedom here since Peegs tanked. I've been around since the Star board, banned many times on Peegs for not bowing down to the coaching genius of Crean. There's not much to talk about now and a season is probably 50/50, but I love it if I can say ****, ****, ****ity, **** without some overzealous Crean-worshiping asshole banning me automatically.

Since the topics there revolve around people who take our money and provide nothing in return that seems to make sense. At least here you have the option of paying or not rather than have them steal it from you.

For $9.95 a month...that is hardly stealing from you.

For $9.95 a month...that is hardly stealing from you.

Correct, half the premium board gets there info from the free board (of people that might actually know something, or someone and doesn't pay for info). There might be a lot more BS on the free board, but also a whole lot more participation and truth. It boils down to like getting your news from Facebook or some shit ... if you can't separate the stupid, should anyone expect to PAY for something just as stupid and know more. $9.99 or whatever the **** it is does not make you a more knowledgeable fan of IU or basketball.

Correct, half the premium board gets there info from the free board (of people that might actually know something, or someone and doesn't pay for info). There might be a lot more BS on the free board, but also a whole lot more participation and truth. It boils down to like getting your news from Facebook or some shit ... if you can't separate the stupid, should anyone expect to PAY for something just as stupid and know more. $9.99 or whatever the **** it is does not make you a more knowledgeable fan of IU or basketball.

Wow do I need to loan you some money? You know what, we dont have any pukes on the premium board....keep your money and put up with their shit.

ADVERTISEMENT