ADVERTISEMENT

A monumental catastrophic leadership failure!

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
That is Bob Woodward's summation of Trump's presidency. He said that this morning on MSNBC during an interview.

Do you think Woodward's anonymous sources for this book will stay anonymous?

Reactions: DrHoops
And yet, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Trump welcome him back in his good graces to write another book.

While it probably won't happen, I can guarantee that there is a part of Trump that still actually thinks he can get a 'good' book about him out of Woodward.

And yet, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Trump welcome him back in his good graces to write another book.

While it probably won't happen, I can guarantee that there is a part of Trump that still actually thinks he can get a 'good' book about him out of Woodward.
I'm sure he thought that he could get a good book out of him this time. That's why he cooperated the way he did. He won't try again. Woodward is a loser now.

I'm sure he thought that he could get a good book out of him this time. That's why he cooperated the way he did. He won't try again. Woodward is a loser now.
Woodward has proven not everyone's a sucker.

Trump knew the situation about the Coronavirus in late January & knew how serious it was. He then went out and lied day after day to the American people!

The "anonymous" source is the POTUS!

A little bit of weirdness -
Watching the news and Bob Woodward comes on the screen and my wife says: "He looks just like his dad."

What?

My wife grew up in Wheaton Illinois and worked at a family owned drugstore. The Woodward's were friends with the owners and they would come into the store regularly. Bob was in his 30's but when visited his parents he occasionally stopped by as well. We've been married for a long time, but that caught me off guard.

Watching the news and Bob Woodward comes on the screen and my wife says: "He looks just like his dad."

What?

My wife grew up in Wheaton Illinois and worked at a family owned drugstore. The Woodward's were friends with the owners and they would come into the store regularly. Bob was in his 30's but when visited his parents he occasionally stopped by as well. We've been married for a long time, but that caught me off guard.
You oughta call Woodward's office and tell them about her reaction. Bob might bet a kick out of that association.

Are you willing to be led by Trump? Everyone posting in this thread gets up in the morning hoping for another opportunity to criticize Trump. It never matters what Trump says anyway; you'd say it was wrong or do the opposite. Why the concern over things he SAID about Covid? Fauci has said repeatedly that he DID the right things.

Are you willing to be led by Trump? Everyone posting in this thread gets up in the morning hoping for another opportunity to criticize Trump. It never matters what Trump says anyway; you'd say it was wrong or do the opposite. Why the concern over things he SAID about Covid? Fauci has said repeatedly that he DID the right things.
Hypothetical for you: T.rump gets beat in November, the GOP turns on him. He comes out in 2024 and tries to run as an Independent. Do you spend as much time on here defending his stupid/criminal/truth-avoiding bullshit? Or, because there is no (R) next to his name, do you treat him like he should be treated...that is to say, like a stupid, lying, criminal?

What?

Wheaton?
I lived not far from it; North Aurora, a few steps from FermiLab where I used to work.

Hypothetical for you: T.rump gets beat in November, the GOP turns on him. He comes out in 2024 and tries to run as an Independent. Do you spend as much time on here defending his stupid/criminal/truth-avoiding bullshit? Or, because there is no (R) next to his name, do you treat him like he should be treated...that is to say, like a stupid, lying, criminal?
Not defending Trump. I get a kick out of the levels some go to in criticizing him. He has been vilified for over 4 years straight, some of it deserved. He can do nothing right to those with real TDS.

Hypothetical for you: Trump wins in 2020. Do Democrats focus inward and analyze what is wrong with their policy positions and candidates that they cant beat a guy they call T.rump, or do we get 4 more years of crying and riots?

Not defending Trump. I get a kick out of the levels some go to in criticizing him. He has been vilified for over 4 years straight, some of it deserved. He can do nothing right to those with real TDS.

Hypothetical for you: Trump wins in 2020. Do Democrats focus inward and analyze what is wrong with their policy positions and candidates that they cant beat a guy they call T.rump, or do we get 4 more years of crying and riots?
1. Whatever :rolleyes:
2. Are you saying me as a Democrat, or the Democratic party?

You oughta call Woodward's office and tell them about her reaction. Bob might bet a kick out of that association.
She had other tangential brushes with the famous I did know about. She went to the same high school as the Belushi's. She knew of them but they were older so she had no direct encounters with any of them. One of her sisters was in the same graduating class with John Belushi.

Reactions: Sope Creek
That is the funniest post I have seen in some time.
The reason is that I was just expecting a post from Hillz proclaiming what a great president and human being Trump is. Thank you for not disappointing me!

BTW, when will you post, nominating Donal Trump for Nobel Peace Prize?

Wheaton?
I lived not far from it; North Aurora, a few steps from FermiLab where I used to work.
I went to school in Chicago. Then lived and worked out of Downers Grove as a hardware tech. FermiLab and Argonne were two of the places in my territory.

The reason is that I was just expecting a post from Hillz proclaiming what a great president and human being Trump is. Thank you for not disappointing me!

Weird.

Reactions: Lucy01
That is Bob Woodward's summation of Trump's presidency. He said that this morning on MSNBC during an interview.

Do you think Woodward's anonymous sources for this book will stay anonymous?

Woodward's right and I've been saying it for quite a while now. Donald Trump is responsible for the single greatest failure in Presidential leadership in the history of this great country. And there will be another incredible challenge of some sort facing whoever is President in the next four years, so I hope that the anonymous sources for this book will step forward.

Reactions: 82hoosier and Fro

Will he even be alive in 2024?

Are you willing to be led by Trump? Everyone posting in this thread gets up in the morning hoping for another opportunity to criticize Trump.
1) It never matters what Trump says anyway; you'd say it was wrong or do the opposite. Why the concern over things he SAID about Covid?

2)Fauci has said repeatedly that he DID the right things.

1) He is never wrong, however, he is absolutely lying if his lips are moving.

2) Maybe old Tony enjoys a regular paycheck. Ya know what happens when you disagree with Don the Con
too vociferously.

Reactions: meridian

Be careful! You’re not aloud to say HUMAN BEING on this site !

"Hypothetical for you: Trump wins in 2020. Do Democrats focus inward and analyze what is wrong with their policy positions and candidates that they can't beat a guy they call T.rump or do we get 4 more years of crying and riots?"

Here is the problem with your assumptions and your question. Trump does not represent anything close to a majority of the voting public. Prior to 2016, there had only been 3 POTUS's (over nearly a 250 yr period) where the EC winner lost the actual vote total. Trump shattered all the records and if he somehow wins the EC in 2020 he will shatter the record he just established...

So since Dems represent the majority of people who vote I'm not sure they need to "focus inward". Without 3rd party candidates in 2016 I think HRC wins. Even if she only got half of the 8 Million votes that went to 3rd parties, that likely would have erased the 70,000 or so votes she lost MI, WI, and PA by.

Also, there is just no way you can look at 2018 as anything other than a total repudiation of Trump. Without an archaic EC to save them, GOP candidates were basically rejected by record numbers with House Dems getting 10 Million more votes and Senate Dems getting 11 Million more than GOP candidates.

I expect Biden to win the popular vote by at least 5 Million, and the Dems to sweep both the House and Senate. Trump may sneak out another EC win, but I think it will be very unsettling if a candidate loses the vote by 5 Million + wins the EC and people feel robbed.

The EC was established as a way to protect the interests of slaveholding states, and if we see a more egregious repeat of 2016 I fear it's safe to say more people than ever will start to view it as a useless relic that has far outlived its usefulness. We won't be able to change it because of how that process is set up, but there is a reason that all of the POTUS's who won despite losing the actual vote (at least in the past couple centuries) were Republicans...

Trump says CDC Director Robert Redfield 'confused' about coronavirus vaccine, mask efficacy. Redfield responded.

Trump blames 'blue states' for increasing nation's coronavirus death rates, ignores high rates in red states

7 months on and the most basic fundamental protection is still being made a point of contention.

The bastard really doesn't give two shits about human lives.
I am not shamed to say that I will celebrate when he dies, and if there is a god, then slowly and painfully of course. The ol' eye for an eye thingy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mainway_toys
Trump says CDC Director Robert Redfield 'confused' about coronavirus vaccine, mask efficacy. Redfield responded.

Trump blames 'blue states' for increasing nation's coronavirus death rates, ignores high rates in red states

7 months on and the most basic fundamental protection is still being made a point of contention.

The bastard really doesn't give two shits about human lives.
I am not shamed to say that I will celebrate when he dies, and if there is a god, then slowly and painfully of course. The ol' eye for an eye thingy.
I watched the press conference for once. It will always be stunning the way he brazenly lies about things like this. Two different important issues and his response is that the expert misunderstood the question. Because of course, Trump is the true expert. Redfield should resign. It will be interesting to see if he walks back his testimony.

Whether he's alive or not doesn't matter . . . they'll just Jeremy Bentham his body to keep the appearance of his life in order to maintain power. ;)

I could legitimately see The Donald doing this

800px-Jeremy_Bentham_Auto-Icon_2020.jpg

I watched the press conference for once. It will always be stunning the way he brazenly lies about things like this. Two different important issues and his response is that the expert misunderstood the question. Because of course, Trump is the true expert. Redfield should resign. It will be interesting to see if he walks back his testimony.
Naw, Redfield should double-down on his comment and force Trump to fire him.

Reactions: Bill4411

If there is any proof that Trump is responsible for the US is the global #1 in the number of Covid cases and the inevitable #1 deaths count.

But this is part of his grand plan of herd mentality (/immunity.) So 200,000 deaths will be a drop in the bucket. You can now see why he doesn't want to cause any panic since there's a ways to go -- estimates between 2-6 million deaths?

If there is any proof that Trump is responsible for the US is the global #1 in the number of Covid cases and the inevitable #1 deaths count.

But this is part of his grand plan of herd mentality (immunity.) So 200,000 deaths will be a drop in the bucket. You can now see why he doesn't want to cause any panic since there's a ways to go -- estimates between 2-6 million deaths?
I loved that "herd mentality" gaffe. Very revealing . . . Freud would have loved dissecting that one.

Reactions: sglowrider
I loved that "herd mentality" gaffe. Very revealing . . . Freud would have loved dissecting that one.

Thats why he is so liked/revered by his peeps. They can relate to his 'gaffes'. He is one of them. A guy who is clearly not very smart but made it to the very top through whatever means.

Reactions: cosmickid

But this is part of his grand plan of herd mentality (/immunity.) So 200,000 deaths will be a drop in the bucket. You can now see why he doesn't want to cause any panic since there's a ways to go -- estimates between 2-6 million deaths?

2-6 million? Wut?

2-6 million? Wut?
I think that what sglowrider is saying is that if the herd immunity (Trump said "mentality") theory prevails, then based on the current rates of death generally prevailing in the US from COVID and the number of infections needed to get to 70% of the population to reach herd immunity, there will be another 2-6 million deaths before herd immunity is reached. (BTW, I got 7 million yesterday when I first heard the stats, but I don't know where to find the stats now.)

In looking at the numbers, we have roughly 200,000 deaths on about 6.7 million cases in the US . . . 70% of the population would be about 231 million (based on a 330 million current US population), so to infect 70% of the population we would need to infect another 224.3 million people to achieve herd immunity. With a current known death rate of about 2.985% of those infected (200k/6.7 million) . . . 2.985% of 224.3 million would be another 6,695,355 deaths.

So sglowrider's estimate of 2-6 million is, if anything, a bit low.

Naw, Redfield should double-down on his comment and force Trump to fire him.
We'll see. Trump has directly challenged him to do so, or tuck tail and hide.

Gotta give Redfield credit, he knew he was giving a contradictory take on the vaccine and masks when he did it and did it anyway. Whether or not he sticks by his guns is the next question.

Some of the same people voting for Trump claim they can’t vote for Biden because of Biden’s gaffes. Trump voters are so afraid of owning their real reasons.

I think that what sglowrider is saying is that if the herd immunity (Trump said "mentality") theory prevails, then based on the current rates of death generally prevailing in the US from COVID and the number of infections needed to get to 70% of the population to reach herd immunity, there will be another 2-6 million deaths before herd immunity is reached. (BTW, I got 7 million yesterday when I first heard the stats, but I don't know where to find the stats now.)

In looking at the numbers, we have roughly 200,000 deaths on about 6.7 million cases in the US . . . 70% of the population would be about 231 million (based on a 330 million current US population), so to infect 70% of the population we would need to infect another 224.3 million people to achieve herd immunity. With a current known death rate of about 2.985% of those infected (200k/6.7 million) . . . 2.985% of 224.3 million would be another 6,695,355 deaths.

So sglowrider's estimate of 2-6 million is, if anything, a bit low.

except at least 40-45% of cases are asymptomatic

Reactions: HillzHoozier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT