ADVERTISEMENT

A Misdirected Laff

Fred C. Dobbs

Freshman
Aug 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
For reasons unrelated to this message, I looked up Fred Taylor, the Lucas era Ohio State basketball coach, on Wikipedia. I read this sentence, "A talented recruiter, Taylor coached six All-Americans as well as Hall of Famers Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek and Bobby Knight." My initial reading let me to believe that Wikipedia was asserting that Bob Knight was an all American basketball player, which gave me a good laugh.

For reasons unrelated to this message, I looked up Fred Taylor, the Lucas era Ohio State basketball coach, on Wikipedia. I read this sentence, "A talented recruiter, Taylor coached six All-Americans as well as Hall of Famers Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek and Bobby Knight." My initial reading let me to believe that Wikipedia was asserting that Bob Knight was an all American basketball player, which gave me a good laugh.

Laugh it up pops. Don’t have to read too far between the lines to see where you’re coming from with this crap. Just another great “fan”, I suppose.

So then what happened?

well, this post is certainly more interesting than the racist bullshit you were posting just a few hours ago

Says the board’s biggest race baiter and segregationist.
The clowns like you who drop the “race card” every chance they get are obsessed with skin color. In fact, that’s primarily how they classify and profile entire groups, because of the color of skin. When different ethnicities work together on issues, it likely makes your skin crawl because it disrupts your normal state of racial tension.

Says the board’s biggest race baiter and segregationist.
The clowns like you who drop the “race card” every chance they get are obsessed with skin color. In fact, that’s primarily how they classify and profile entire groups, because of the color of skin. When different ethnicities work together on issues, it likely makes your skin crawl because it disrupts your normal state of racial tension.

No, I only dropped the race card when some folks were saying slaves were happy to be owned and when you implied that somehow the circumstances of George Floyd’s death were explained by his prior convictions. Weird you don’t consider those moments of racial tension. Lol.

Certainly the only time I’ve talked race on this board. Seemed warranted. I guess I had good parents.

Bob wasn't a great player but I remember once he said that what meant most to him was when Coach Taylor came up to him and said, "we would not have won that game without you".

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
Laugh it up pops. Don’t have to read too far between the lines to see where you’re coming from with this crap. Just another great “fan”, I suppose.

It's pretty well-known that Bob was not the player that he was a Coach and was a career bench guy at OSU. Not everything has to be interpreted as a slight to RMK. If you know of his playing career, which he's even made light of, then the idea of him being an AA is amusing. Not a big deal... put your hackles down and get his jock out of your nostrils.

It's pretty well-known that Bob was not the player that he was a Coach and was a career bench guy at OSU. Not everything has to be interpreted as a slight to RMK. If you know of his playing career, which he's even made light of, then the idea of him being an AA is amusing. Not a big deal... put your hackles down and get his jock out of your nostrils.
Totally agree.
Within the limited parameters of men's D1 college basketball coaching, it is not a stretch to say that CBK was one of the greats.

Great Knight story.
Knight was speaking at a fundraiser (I think for the IU library) and was talking about his playing career. A big game was on Saturday and Havlicek hurt his knee Friday. Saturday morning Havlicek woke up with a fever. He still started. All of a sudden Ted Kitchel (in the audience) started with uncontrollable laughter. Then Kitchen’s table broke out in speech interrupting laughter. Knight, angry, stopped talking and askEd Kitchel what was so funny.
Kitchel said “coach, Havlicek has a bad knee, a fever, and you still couldn’t start.

Reactions: 82IU and kkott
What did I post that was racist? Please be specific.

you linked a clip of zippity doo da to Abraxis the Grand Wizard’s crazy ass post. I’m done wirh it as I understand others don’t need us pooping in this thread but the world seen what ya done, ya ‘billy. And God seened it too. Thinking if write it like that ya might get it.

you linked a clip of zippity doo da to Abraxis the Grand Wizard’s crazy ass post. I’m done wirh it as I understand others don’t need us pooping in this thread but the world seen what ya done, ya ‘billy. And God seened it too. Thinking if write it like that ya might get it.

Wow, you must be dumber than a box of rocks. Why are you wasting your time here? Don’t you have a copy of Huckleberry Finn to go burn?

ADVERTISEMENT