A Misdirected Laff

Discussion in 'TheHoosier.com IU Hoop Forum' started by Fred C. Dobbs, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:59 PM.

1. Fred C. Dobbs

Fred C. Dobbs Freshman
    Expand Collapse

For reasons unrelated to this message, I looked up Fred Taylor, the Lucas era Ohio State basketball coach, on Wikipedia. I read this sentence, "A talented recruiter, Taylor coached six All-Americans as well as Hall of Famers Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek and Bobby Knight." My initial reading let me to believe that Wikipedia was asserting that Bob Knight was an all American basketball player, which gave me a good laugh.

2. gator mcCluskey

gator mcCluskey Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Laugh it up pops. Don’t have to read too far between the lines to see where you’re coming from with this crap. Just another great “fan”, I suppose.

3. Davehack

Davehack Junior
    Expand Collapse

So then what happened?

4. hondo314

hondo314 All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

well, this post is certainly more interesting than the racist bullshit you were posting just a few hours ago

rikki-tikka-tava likes this.
  5. Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Big Red Crimson Buffalo Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Says the board’s biggest race baiter and segregationist.
    The clowns like you who drop the “race card” every chance they get are obsessed with skin color. In fact, that’s primarily how they classify and profile entire groups, because of the color of skin. When different ethnicities work together on issues, it likely makes your skin crawl because it disrupts your normal state of racial tension.

6. hondo314

hondo314 All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

No, I only dropped the race card when some folks were saying slaves were happy to be owned and when you implied that somehow the circumstances of George Floyd’s death were explained by his prior convictions. Weird you don’t consider those moments of racial tension. Lol.

Certainly the only time I’ve talked race on this board. Seemed warranted. I guess I had good parents.

7. VanPastorMan

VanPastorMan Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Central Pennsylvania Via Washington Indiana
    Bob wasn't a great player but I remember once he said that what meant most to him was when Coach Taylor came up to him and said, "we would not have won that game without you".

gator mcCluskey likes this.
  8. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Technically the statement is factually correct. It doesn't say RMK was an AA. It says he is a HoFer

IU? I'm Fine likes this.
  9. birdforbogey

birdforbogey Junior
    Expand Collapse

Can you guys take your squabbling to PM. No need to ruin every thread on this f’d up forum

kkott, hondo314 and IU? I'm Fine like this.
  10. gator mcCluskey

gator mcCluskey Freshman
    Expand Collapse

What did I post that was racist? Please be specific.

11. kkott

kkott Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty well-known that Bob was not the player that he was a Coach and was a career bench guy at OSU. Not everything has to be interpreted as a slight to RMK. If you know of his playing career, which he's even made light of, then the idea of him being an AA is amusing. Not a big deal... put your hackles down and get his jock out of your nostrils.

12. Bulk VanderHuge

Bulk VanderHuge All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree.
    Within the limited parameters of men's D1 college basketball coaching, it is not a stretch to say that CBK was one of the greats.

13. Jssanto

Jssanto Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Great Knight story.
    Knight was speaking at a fundraiser (I think for the IU library) and was talking about his playing career. A big game was on Saturday and Havlicek hurt his knee Friday. Saturday morning Havlicek woke up with a fever. He still started. All of a sudden Ted Kitchel (in the audience) started with uncontrollable laughter. Then Kitchen’s table broke out in speech interrupting laughter. Knight, angry, stopped talking and askEd Kitchel what was so funny.
    Kitchel said “coach, Havlicek has a bad knee, a fever, and you still couldn’t start.

82IU and kkott like this.
  14. hondo314

hondo314 All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

you linked a clip of zippity doo da to Abraxis the Grand Wizard’s crazy ass post. I’m done wirh it as I understand others don’t need us pooping in this thread but the world seen what ya done, ya ‘billy. And God seened it too. Thinking if write it like that ya might get it.

15. gator mcCluskey

gator mcCluskey Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Wow, you must be dumber than a box of rocks. Why are you wasting your time here? Don’t you have a copy of Huckleberry Finn to go burn?