ADVERTISEMENT

A little birdie

Saying he supported sexual assault is like saying Bush supported terrorism. He handled the situation poorly, that's what he is guilty of. It's ironic he is persecuted more then Pierce himself.

To say he handled it poorly is an understatement. It was ridiculous how he handled it. Blatant incompetence.

You ever hear of Brandon Ashley, Aaron Gordon, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, T.J. McConnell, Kaleb Tarczewski, Nick Johnson and Gabe York? Arizona had a great team that year that was also pretty talented! Even though UCLA had to settle for 2nd in the regular season, they beat them in the PAC 12 Championship game. BTW, how many of your beloved Final Fours has the great Sean Miller been to? He's had more talent than Crean. Is Crean better than Miller too?

I'm finding this board to be at kindergarten level more and more. Maybe we are truly getting what we deserve as a fanbase whose collective IQ has dropped precipitously over the years. I take the cake in the low IQ department for wasting time here!

You have been on the Alford bandwagon for years. We've had this discussion in the past. You can never explain to me, even now, how as a 2 seed and a 3 seed he can't get to the second weekend. Was 61-67 at Iowa in the Big Ten without ever being in the rebuild mode like Crean was. The Big Ten sucked mostly back then, too.

At UCLA, so bad he literally returned his salary at UCLA last year. With all of the talent on this year's team, can only manage 3rd place. Has NEVER been past the Sweet 16 in 21 years as a DI coach. NEVER. You are the one saying he is miles ahead, too bad the data doesn't support it, on any level.

I ju

IMHO The Bruins great past would have almost no bearing at all on Indiana kids. LA kids yes, Indiana, no. Kids play for the coach recruiting them.

Not in the Ball Brothers case, their father said they were going to UCLA regardless of who the coach was.

In LA, no one off campus knows your name.
If you go to IU, you have the chance to be remembered forever.

Or hated, kids booed at their high school game with terrible chants, etc. Many coaches don't want or need that nonsense. Our own passion and delusion has scared many a coach away. It isn't worth it. Make just as much money elsewhere without the drama or crazies.

Reactions: echs86
BS. It does not take him 2 hours to get to campus from 15 miles. He's averaging 7mph? LA traffic sucks, I travel there often for business, but it is nowhere close to that bad. Give me a break.
Not sure why your panties are in such a bunch. Have some depth buddy.

Like I've said all along, Glass doesn't have the balls to fire him.

Why doesn't he offer to make up the difference?

Get ready for an extension, folks........
Can someone explain to me the rationale behind freaking out over Internet rumors? Nothing has happened or even been said. If you trusted everything you read on this board, Lon Kruger would've been our coach for the last 9 years.

Also, why would he be afraid to fire him? He's fired plenty of coaches. Crean isn't popular so it wouldn't be controversial. He just "fired" Wilson after giving him a big raise and a new 6 year contract. If anything, that's the one that could've made him look bad.

The logic just doesn't make any sense. Why didn't he extend him last year after a B1G title? You're just looking for reasons to lash out. Nothing has happened.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Can someone explain to me the rationale behind freaking out over Internet rumors? Nothing has happened or even been said. If you trusted everything you read on this board, Lon Kruger would've been our coach for the last 9 years.

Also, why would he be afraid to fire him? He's fired plenty of coaches. Crean isn't popular so it wouldn't be controversial. He just "fired" Wilson after giving him a big raise and a new 6 year contract. If anything, that's the one that could've made him look bad.

The logic just doesn't make any sense. Why didn't he extend him last year after a B1G title?You're just looking for reasons to lash out. Nothing has happened.

I personally don't believe Glass is afraid to fire Crean. I simply think he doesn't want to.

Of course that doesn't sweeten the pot at all.

Alford is probably salivating at a chance to coach at IU. Years ago he had a weekend home on Sweetwater Lake in northeast Brown Co. or so I was told by a woman who cleaned the place for his family. He's a small town kid at heart. We all know that and that is one of the things that makes him special. He's one of us. He's not Hollywood. The timing is better now and Bloomington beckons.
I realize you love taking these nostalgia trips, but how about we hire the best coach we can? He is Crean 2.0.

You have been on the Alford bandwagon for years. We've had this discussion in the past. You can never explain to me, even now, how as a 2 seed and a 3 seed he can't get to the second weekend. Was 61-67 at Iowa in the Big Ten without ever being in the rebuild mode like Crean was. The Big Ten sucked mostly back then, too.

At UCLA, so bad he literally returned his salary at UCLA last year. With all of the talent on this year's team, can only manage 3rd place. Has NEVER been past the Sweet 16 in 21 years as a DI coach. NEVER. You are the one saying he is miles ahead, too bad the data doesn't support it, on any level.

First of all, Alford's never been a #2 seed. Secondly, I've also posted a ton of data that supports Alford as a coach, but you and countless others refuse to acknowledge any of it. Yet you demand that I explain how highly seeded teams get upset in the tournament as if that is some kind of proof of poor coaching. If that were the case, there would be very few if any good coaches left.

Iowa has made 6 sweet 16's in the last 60 years and New Mexico has made 2. That's 8 times in 120 years of basketball that those 2 schools have made Sweet 16's, yet Alford is a failure for not taking the NCAA Tournament by storm from those two schools. It's insane argumentation and even more insane for me to think it even requires a response.

First of all, Alford's never been a #2 seed. Secondly, I've also posted a ton of data that supports Alford as a coach, but you and countless others refuse to acknowledge any of it. Yet you demand that I explain how highly seeded teams get upset in the tournament as if that is some kind of proof of poor coaching. If that were the case, there would be very few if any good coaches left.

Iowa has made 6 sweet 16's in the last 60 years and New Mexico has made 2. That's 8 times in 120 years of basketball that those 2 schools have made Sweet 16's, yet Alford is a failure for not taking the NCAA Tournament by storm from those two schools. It's insane argumentation and even more insane for me to think it even requires a response.

Forgive me. A three seed, and lost in their second game by 18 points to an 11 seed. Brutal. A three seed again, and lose in their first game to mega NCAA power HARVARD. Please stop. A three seed is a three seed, and both times they choked badly. To double digit teams. You're bringing up New Mexico's history while ignoring they earned plush 3 seeds and choked, both times.

At Iowa, three times he made the NIT and couldn't even get to the third round of that tournament, twice losing the first game (both at home!).

You said miles ahead. Give me the data. ZERO Elite 8's. ZERO Final Fours. Crean has one. So how is that miles ahead. ZERO Big Ten titles, Crean has 2. How is that miles ahead?

Hard to forgive anyone that simply talks out of their ass when their trying to make their point.

Hard to forgive anyone that simply talks out of their ass when their trying to make their point.

You've made so many errors in your posts this week that for you to say that is hysterical. I missed a seed line by one, you have made such ridiculous claims that he rebuilt Iowa. LOL

The logic just doesn't make any sense. Why didn't he extend him last year after a B1G title? You're just looking for reasons to lash out. Nothing has happened.

What rumors am I freaking out over?

If Glass was going to fire him, he'd had done it quickly like Illinois did.

Forgive me. A three seed, and lost in their second game by 18 points to an 11 seed. Brutal. A three seed again, and lose in their first game to mega NCAA power HARVARD. Please stop. A three seed is a three seed, and both times they choked badly. To double digit teams. You're bringing up New Mexico's history while ignoring they earned plush 3 seeds and choked, both times.

At Iowa, three times he made the NIT and couldn't even get to the third round of that tournament, twice losing the first game (both at home!).

You said miles ahead. Give me the data. ZERO Elite 8's. ZERO Final Fours. Crean has one. So how is that miles ahead. ZERO Big Ten titles, Crean has 2. How is that miles ahead?

I'm finished with sharing data of any kind on this message board. I would have better luck sharing calculus with an orangutan.

I'm finished with sharing data of any kind on this message board. I would have better luck sharing calculus with an orangutan.

Because you can't. Making a ridiculous statement that he is miles ahead and every data point says that is false. Do you use alternative facts? Fake news maybe? He isn't miles ahead.

Alford has done one thing Crean hasn't. He wore an Indiana jersey.

Its really starting to seem like some would rather have Tom come back then Alford hired. People need to get their priorities straight
Some people are luke warm on Alford. That does not mean they want Crean back. Two different topics. Trust me, I would rather have Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan. That being said, I would take Alford over Crean any day of the week.

Tom will be given the option to resign and be free to seek another job. If he refuses Glass will pull the trigger. Tom Crean will not be coaching the NIT.

I guess we have Monday to find out of this info was good. I was really hoping it was. Still time, MAYBE a lot of stuff happening in the background after they came up with the excuse of students on spring break, AH not available. You would have thought CTC would have wanted a home game even with the possibilities of low attendance and some boos directed at him.

I find it interesting 1. IU choses not to play home game and 2. the cancellation of the 4-team games in NYC next November when IU was the main attraction.

Payer, don't let him do this to you. This is the remake of becauseiknow. He's just trolling like he always has....new name same tired act

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT