ADVERTISEMENT

A good political day. Maybe Biden is shaping up to be what many of us hoped. A former cop and repub won big in Aoc's

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
district. Biden is backing adding more cops to fight crime telling cities to use leftover covid funds to pay for same, and it looks like the infrastructure bill needed will come through at a compromised price a little north of $500 bil and backed by a bipartisan group. A good, political day.

district. Biden is backing adding more cops to fight crime telling cities to use leftover covid funds to pay for same, and it looks like the infrastructure bill needed will come through at a compromised price a little north of $500 bil and backed by a bipartisan group. A good, political day.
I hope I am being too cynical, but I have this feeling the infrastructure bill will fall apart. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: largemouth
Hope you’re wrong too. A scaled down needed infrastructure plan that passes with bipartisan support would be great for the country
The problem is of course that side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do A, B, C, D, and E"

Then side 2 thinks about it and says "Well, it waters down the bill, but we will meet you more than half way and give you A, B, and C"

then side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do D, E, F, and G"

Then side 2 thinks about it and says "Well, it waters down the bill, but we will give you what you first wanted, A, B, C, D, and E"

Then side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do F, G, H, and I"

So the message is, really, we don't want whatever it is that you propose, as long as you are the one proposing it.

And it doesn't really matter which party is side 1 and which is side 2. We seem to be stuck in that dysfunctional rut.

The problem is of course that side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do A, B, C, D, and E"

Then side 2 thinks about it and says "Well, it waters down the bill, but we will meet you more than half way and give you A, B, and C"

then side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do D, E, F, and G"

Then side 2 thinks about it and says "Well, it waters down the bill, but we will give you what you first wanted, A, B, C, D, and E"

Then side 1 says "we don't like the bill and in order to get us to like it, you have to do F, G, H, and I"

So the message is, really, we don't want whatever it is that you propose, as long as you are the one proposing it.

And it doesn't really matter which party is side 1 and which is side 2. We seem to be stuck in that dysfunctional rut.
largely agree, but if we can't agree to old school infrastructure we're fooked

The only good thing about the administration’s crime statement was that they didn’t take that opportunity to once again yammer on about police misconduct and police reform. The spike in crime is not because of loopholes in background checks. i thought the whole show was lackluster and missed the important points. Once again, I think it is important to repeal gun industry immunity. But Biden mentioned that in a disingenuous way and he never explains it—probably because he has no idea.

I'm not sure what to think about the infrastructure bill yet. I’m convinced that all the spending BS not included now will comeback next week in another bill.

Glad to see HR 1 go down. Despite their pontificating about the filibuster, I think many Dems are tickled pink that they didn’t have to go on record over HR 1. I don’t think swing state Dems up in 2022 would have voted for it. Oh, and I wish people, including FNC pundits, would quit calling it a “voting rights bill.” It’s not that. We already have voting rights.

Reactions: 76-1

"So the message is, really, we don't want whatever it is that you propose, as long as you are the one proposing it."

Yep, just like Kamala saying she wouldn't take any vaccine promoted by Trump and then the Obiden admin wondering why more people won't get vaccinated.

The only good thing about the administration’s crime statement was that they didn’t take that opportunity to once again yammer on about police misconduct and police reform. The spike in crime is not because of loopholes in background checks. i thought the whole show was lackluster and missed the important points. Once again, I think it is important to repeal gun industry immunity. But Biden mentioned that in a disingenuous way and he never explains it—probably because he has no idea.

I'm not sure what to think about the infrastructure bill yet. I’m convinced that all the spending BS not included now will comeback next week in another bill.

Glad to see HR 1 go down. Despite their pontificating about the filibuster, I think many Dems are tickled pink that they didn’t have to go on record over HR 1. I don’t think swing state Dems up in 2022 would have voted for it. Oh, and I wish people, including FNC pundits, would quit calling it a “voting rights bill.” It’s not that. We already have voting rights.
i hear ya on the gun control but i was more referring to biden's telling cities to use their extra covid dough to hire more cops. that's a symbolic slap in the face to the nonsense of the progressives, coupled with a cop poised to be mayor of our largest city. i sense the admin recognizes the backlash is coming against CRT/Defund police/far left rhetoric/policies pushed by academics and the media and that if they hope to have a decent midterm they better get back to the middle.

as for repealing gun industry immunity i too believe that would help - but it doesn't do much for hte estimated 400 million guns already in circulation.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
i hear ya on the gun control but i was more referring to biden's telling cities to use their extra covid dough to hire more cops. that's a symbolic slap in the face to the nonsense of the progressives, coupled with a cop poised to be mayor of our largest city. i sense the admin recognizes the backlash is coming against CRT/Defund police/far left rhetoric/policies pushed by academics and the media and that if they hope to have a decent midterm they better get back to the middle.

as for repealing gun industry immunity i too believe that would help - but it doesn't do much for hte estimated 400 million guns already in circulation.
Joe mentioning F 15’s has produced a run on those. Ya can hardly find one on EBay.

Huge Spike In Americans Buying F-15s After Biden Suggests You'll Need Them To Overthrow Government

https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-...s-youll-need-them-to-overthrow-the-government

reducing crime has little to do with gun control. get more cops on the streets and prosecutors that don't plea down - that'll reduce crime in a year or two.

There's got to have been some polling data that shows that crime rates are at the forefront, based on the political messaging that has been coming out lately.

I believe there was a New Mexico election that was won using a tough on crime message that was considered a surprise.

Hell Andrew 'Humanity First' Yang turned to a tough on crime campaign in his final days, talking about rounding up the mentally ill on the streets and sending them to wards.

So it's definitely a political hot button.

There's got to have been some polling data that shows that crime rates are at the forefront, based on the political messaging that has been coming out lately.

I believe there was a New Mexico election that was won using a tough on crime message that was considered a surprise.

Hell Andrew 'Humanity First' Yang turned to a tough on crime campaign in his final days, talking about rounding up the mentally ill on the streets and sending them to wards.

So it's definitely a political hot button.
for sure it was ranked the number one concern in nyc for the mayoral race. not a good time for an aoc defund the police backing for the one candidate

"So the message is, really, we don't want whatever it is that you propose, as long as you are the one proposing it."

Yep, just like Kamala saying she wouldn't take any vaccine promoted by Trump and then the Obiden admin wondering why more people won't get vaccinated.
You and I agree on Congress' dysfunction.

However, since we know Trump and wife both were vaccinated, that's the main reason I wonder that more of his supporters haven't been vaccinated. Surely, Trump supporters pay more attention to Trump's message/example than to Harris' or Biden's, right?

However, since we know Trump and wife both were vaccinated, that's the main reason I wonder that more of his supporters haven't been vaccinated. Surely, Trump supporters pay more attention to Trump's message/example than to Harris' or Biden's, right?
No, Trump supporters aren't the lemmings you'd like to make them out to be, that's true.

The ones who choose not to be vaccinated don't trust a vaccine that hasn't yet been approved by the FDA. I don't see why that is an illogical conclusion. It has nothing to do with following Trump.

But Dims said they wouldn't trust any vaccine developed under Trump, so why are they taking it now? They've always made this about politics and this is why there is such skepticism about the virus.

No, Trump supporters aren't the lemmings you'd like to make them out to be, that's true.

The ones who choose not to be vaccinated don't trust a vaccine that hasn't yet been approved by the FDA. I don't see why that is an illogical conclusion. It has nothing to do with following Trump.

But Dims said they wouldn't trust any vaccine developed under Trump, so why are they taking it now? They've always made this about politics and this is why there is such skepticism about the virus.
At what point will the mounting data showing the only people now getting hospitalized and dying from COVID are the unvaccinated, overcome the hesitancy about emergency FDA authorization (both Pfizer and Moderna have now filed for full FDA approval)?

Anyone saying they wouldn't take a vaccine developed "under Trump" was foolish. And I suspect the concern had more to do about FDA authorization resulting from political arm-twisting. In fact, the opposite occurred and Trump was frustrated that the decision came after the election.

Reactions: TommyCracker
At what point will the mounting data showing the only people now getting hospitalized and dying from COVID are the unvaccinated, overcome the hesitancy about emergency FDA authorization (both Pfizer and Moderna have now filed for full FDA approval)?

Anyone saying they wouldn't take a vaccine developed "under Trump" was foolish. And I suspect the concern had more to do about FDA authorization resulting from political arm-twisting. In fact, the opposite occurred and Trump was frustrated that the decision came after the election.
My niece's husband has it bad and he's been vaccinated. He's in his early 30s. But I realize anecdotal stories are not statistics.

People who don't want the vaccine are playing the odds. That's on them and they know the risks.

Aren't Democrats always telling us "my body, my choice"?

Joe mentioning F 15’s has produced a run on those. Ya can hardly find one on EBay.

Huge Spike In Americans Buying F-15s After Biden Suggests You'll Need Them To Overthrow Government

https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-...s-youll-need-them-to-overthrow-the-government

I'd love to have a 15, but you can't find them. And an old F4 goes for nearly $4 million. A P-38 for a mere $650,000 seems like a great deal to me.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
Not exactly....

like Kamala saying she wouldn't take any vaccine pushed by Trump to be approved before the November election, an artificial timeline that NIH and FDA scientists did not support, since phase 3 trials began in August and 3 full months of safety surveillance, at minimum, was needed

And then the 3 month data came in by end of November, on schedule, the scientists were thrilled with safety & efficacy, gave it emergency authorization.

Yet dolts like you badmouthed the whole process without one iota of trying to understand ANYTHING, scaring Trump cult followers to not get vaccinated.

Reactions: UncleMark

Kamala not happy... can you spot her?

E4qfijnXEAEjwTH

Or, hear me out, you have built a caricature of what your political opponents are like in your head that does not align with reality.

Reactions: DANC
Or, hear me out, you have built a caricature of what your political opponents are like in your head that does not align with reality.
No doubt that's partly true. However, you are not going to persuade anybody that Trump's supporters don't pay attention to Trump.

I'd love to have a 15, but you can't find them. And an old F4 goes for nearly $4 million. A P-38 for a mere $650,000 seems like a great deal to me.

If the F-111's wings realigned by computer instead of manually, I'd throw that into the discussion. I like to fly low and fast.

As things are, I'll take an F-15 with all updates or a superhornet. Either way, I'm not entirely stupid -- I'd hire someone to go along with me and land it. This stuff is not a video game.

My niece's husband has it bad and he's been vaccinated. He's in his early 30s. But I realize anecdotal stories are not statistics.

People who don't want the vaccine are playing the odds. That's on them and they know the risks.

Aren't Democrats always telling us "my body, my choice"?

We absolutely are all about having free will and the pursuit of happiness and consider ourselves defenders of human rights and personal safety.

Unfortunately when behavior butts into the freewill/pursuit of happiness/personal safety of another American citizen we get defensive.

We are currently at war against a virus and the absolute best weapon that we have in the war are vaccines.

Those that refuse a free vaccine potentially puts everyone's personal safety at risk if this thing mutates and renders our vaccines ineffective.

If not for the mutation aspect of it along with some groups that the vaccine is ineffective, I personally wouldn't give a clown fart if people got the vaccine or not.

It would be a personal choice without posing their will on others.

Reactions: outside shooter
Not exactly....

like Kamala saying she wouldn't take any vaccine pushed by Trump to be approved before the November election, an artificial timeline that NIH and FDA scientists did not support, since phase 3 trials began in August and 3 full months of safety surveillance, at minimum, was needed

And then the 3 month data came in by end of November, on schedule, the scientists were thrilled with safety & efficacy, gave it emergency authorization.

Yet dolts like you badmouthed the whole process without one iota of trying to understand ANYTHING, scaring Trump cult followers to not get vaccinated.
Use all the word play you want - it still hasn't been approved by the FDA.

Just admit it - she ran her mouth and then looked stupid - just like she always does.

We absolutely are all about having free will and the pursuit of happiness and consider ourselves defenders of human rights and personal safety.

Unfortunately when behavior butts into the freewill/pursuit of happiness/personal safety of another American citizen we get defensive.

We are currently at war against a virus and the absolute best weapon that we have in the war are vaccines.

Those that refuse a free vaccine potentially puts everyone's personal safety at risk if this thing mutates and renders our vaccines ineffective.

If not for the mutation aspect of it along with some groups that the vaccine is ineffective, I personally wouldn't give a clown fart if people got the vaccine or not.

It would be a personal choice without posing their will on others.
Everyone who wants the vaccine can get it. Your argument is ridiculous.

If vaccines are rendered ineffective, how is everyone getting the vaccine going to help?

C'mon, Tommy. You can do better. Can't you?

Reactions: Crayfish57
Use all the word play you want - it still hasn't been approved by the FDA.
And it likely won't be until August, since no drug in the ~60 year history of the current approval process has been approved, fully, without a full year of phase 3 surveillance of adverse events.

Not any fast-tracked cancer drug, not AIDS drugs in the midst of that epidemic, not polio or smallpox vaccines, NOTHING.

It is how drug review WORKS.

Everyone who wants the vaccine can get it. Your argument is ridiculous.

If vaccines are rendered ineffective, how is everyone getting the vaccine going to help?

C'mon, Tommy. You can do better. Can't you?
Are you really this completely, slack-jawed, Kentucky sister-f*cking DUMB?

Everyone getting vaccinated PREVENTS infection that ALLOWS MUTATIONS TO HAPPEN, than then can lead to an entirely new pandemic.

Do you REALLY not grasp this, numbnuts?

Are you really this completely, slack-jawed, Kentucky sister-f*cking DUMB?

Everyone getting vaccinated PREVENTS infection that ALLOWS MUTATIONS TO HAPPEN, than then can lead to an entirely new pandemic.

Do you REALLY not grasp this, numbnuts?
How many degrees were you bragging about earlier? IF you weren't lying, you are the dumbest person ever with those. You do realize being on a campus, having a thermometer up your ass showing a fever doesn't count as an actual degree right? Two totally different things.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT