ADVERTISEMENT

A few late night thoughts

peegs

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Columbus, Indiana
You can vent but don't crucify a guy who's working his tail off and is about as good a family man as you'll run across. Crucify means bringing in hyperbole to your opinions about the coach. If you don't know what hyperbole is, Google it

Confidence in the coach is at an all-time low. Not accomplishing a lot by piling on.

It's November. Teams can be horrible in November and pretty good in March. Or even be pretty good in January. In fact I keep telling people that this team will have a moment in the sun and I bet it comes in January with a quick Big Ten start which will lead to being ranked.

Right now can't get the thought out of my head of those press conferences last spring to announce players coming back. Three guys who were near nobody's first round. And maybe not ever unless they have a come to Jesus moment about what they're doing on the basketball court.

Defense wins championships and you need to recruit and coach with that in mind more than I used to think when I was a young lad.

Let's not go overboard with this negativity just like this whole board went over the top in projections with that win over Creighton, an awful defensive team picked to finish near the bottom of their league. How about take it down a notch and then be realistic when the moments in the sun come? They probably will. Even that team two years ago knocked off a Final Four team. Okay a board is a single mindset, but you know what I'm getting at.

Anyway, take a breath, be respectful and enjoy Thanksgiving with your family. The latter is much more important than early season college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News