ADVERTISEMENT

A few comments on yesterday's game

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
--Attendance---Looked to me to be about 15000. Half of both balconies plus lots of empty seats in the student section and all the way across the top on the East side. Those that were there were into the game. They really appreciated the effort plays......

--Grades:

Joey: D. I know. Easy grading here. 6 minutes, 3 fouls, not one other stat entry. I elevate it to a D because he was playing hard and that helped get the crowd going. Just could not get it going himself.

Ron: B-. 0-2 from the field, but 7-8 on FTs, with 5 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists, only 1 TO. And he settled things down and made plays at the end of the game.

DG: B-. He got to be scary DG toward the end, and CAM wisely took him out, but he was big in getting us to the lead. 3 assists. Only 1 reb, which is unusual for him. I don't know why CAM was all over his ass on that pass from Durham. It appeared to be a real bonehead pass. Mad at him for being in the wrong place, not coming to the ball?

Al: B-. Efficient on offense, but only 3 rebounds (worst part of his game), 1 assist, 4 TOs.

Hunter: C+. Didn't do much overall.....3 points, 3 rebs, but hit the biggest shot of the game.

Race: A. Only 8 pts, but 4/6 from the field. Only 4 rebs, but would have about 8 assists on rebounds if they kept that stat. Battled a formidable player, often 1 on 1, and held his own.

--In the 'It's not who you play, it's when you play them department"---PSU hugely misses M. Jones....he's the only complete guard they have.....with Stevens, Watkins, and M Jones they have enough talent to be very competitive. I think we caught breaks playing MN after the Iowa loss and PSU without M. Jones.............

IU did enough to win and that's all that matters at this point. Some good. Some bad. Some you just shake your head at and wonder why and how. Example, Al gets the ball top of the key and throws a diagonal pass to the corner that was closer to the fans three rows up than it was to anyone on the court. He's playing hard, like the rest of them, but he has major gaps in his game and playing point/passing is one of them.

IU did enough to win and that's all that matters at this point. Some good. Some bad. Some you just shake your head at and wonder why and how. Example, Al gets the ball top of the key and throws a diagonal pass to the corner that was closer to the fans three rows up than it was to anyone on the court. He's playing hard, like the rest of them, but he has major gaps in his game and playing point/passing is one of them.

Al is very careless with his passing........so many soft passes to guys who are covered.....one thing about our team as a whole.....we're not a crisp passing team...it's noticeable when you compare us to a fundamentally sound team like Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT