ADVERTISEMENT

A day to celebrate

I know that none of this coverage is technically partisan. No one is showing any sort of celebrations that Trump is gone. It's all about "Hey, look at this, every four years, we get to peacefully overturn our government, and that's what makes us great." It's all about the process, not the winner.

But...

I don't remember this big of an America-fluffing four years ago.

Unity, schmunity... talk about the massive turd that we just flushed out of DC.
Thank God Trump relaxed the federal watersaving rules on plumbing fixtures. Otherwise, we'd still be flushing one of those two gallon toilets just to get rid of him.

Reactions: The Vid
I know that none of this coverage is technically partisan. No one is showing any sort of celebrations that Trump is gone. It's all about "Hey, look at this, every four years, we get to peacefully overturn our government, and that's what makes us great." It's all about the process, not the winner.

But...

Yeah, this has an underlying feel of celebrating the survival of a four year coup attempt, culminating on the 6th. Or, as someone said today, it feels like being released from a long hostage situation.

Yeah, this has an underlying feel of celebrating the survival of a four year coup attempt, culminating on the 6th. Or, as someone said today, it feels like being released from a long hostage situation.

What problems in your life will be gone tomorrow? Next week? In the next year?

Reactions: Crayfish57
I’m Sope and I was personally victimized by Donald Trump.
2 dead, 2 sick. Life curtailed because Trump lied to us about the severity of this pandemic, and because some dumbasses won't think their "freedom" extends to willfully posing mortal risk to the rest of us.

Yep. Donald J. Trump was a problem in my life . . . and no more.

Pffffffftttttt . . . . .

2 dead, 2 sick. Life curtailed because Trump lied to us about the severity of this pandemic, and because some dumbasses won't think their "freedom" extends to willfully posing mortal risk to the rest of us.

Pffffffftttttt . . . . .

Nonsense. Everyone knew the risks of Covid in March. Taking necessary precautions is a matter of personal responsibility. If making Trump the scapegoat for tragedy in your life makes you feel better fine. People grieve in different ways I suppose.

If you get sick of it, Hannity is doing his best to bring you right back down.

Yep. I’m watching this celebration with a friend that’s a Trump fan (thoughts and prayers). I briefly switched over to Hannity as a gesture of unity. After 5 minutes I gave him a choice of switching back to the celebration or cutting him off from my liquor. We’re on the same page now. Bipartisanship baby!

But...

Katy Perry is certifiably awful.

Pffffffftttttt . . . . .
That’s a bit of a reach - unless you hold all major western nations’ politicians as culpable because it’s kicking their asses too.

But I’m not shedding a tear that he’s gone.

Reactions: Spartans9312
What problems in your life will be gone tomorrow? Next week? In the next year?
Changes won't be overnight and Biden certainly isn't sliced bread, but I'm confident this country could not have withstood another 4 years of Trump.

While we need change, it it should not take the path Trump had us on. I hate so many are/were sucked in.

Reactions: largemouth
This is typical of whenever a Democrat gets elected right after a Republican. It is always bull shit like "the lights coming out from the Memorial are like Biden's arms giving America a hug" and all of the "stars" come out to celebrate because after the last 4 to 8 years of saying America sucked, now that they feel they are in charge again, America is a little more awesome.

It was the same shit after Obama was elected and it was the same shit after Clinton was elected. When a major part of your voting base is the media, the media is more than happy to throw you a great propaganda party when needed.

They aren't fooling anyone.

This is typical of whenever a Democrat gets elected right after a Republican. It is always bull shit like "the lights coming out from the Memorial are like Biden's arms giving America a hug" and all of the "stars" come out to celebrate because after the last 4 to 8 years of saying America sucked, now that they feel they are in charge again, America is a little more awesome.

It was the same shit after Obama was elected and it was the same shit after Clinton was elected. When a major part of your voting base is the media, the media is more than happy to throw you a great propaganda party when needed.

If you agree with Mollie Hemmingway, well, I don’t know what you do. A Silkwood shower won’t do the trick though.

GW

image101.jpg

GHW

s-l400.jpg

I'll grant the Trump headlines were pretty salty.

Reactions: bawlmer
Amanda Gorman stoled the show today. I’ll take the words of a 22 year old over the insurrectionists.
Impressive
Dave Grohl's tribute to his mother Virginia, a 35 year seattle area school teacher and all the other teachers across the USA dealing with the virus and trying to educate our kids was quite good!!
#intimeslikethese

Dave Grohl's tribute to his mother Virginia, a 35 year seattle area school teacher and all the other teachers across the USA dealing with the virus and trying to educate our kids was quite good!!
#intimeslikethese

He bastardized his own song with that awful slow beginning.

Well stated.

source.gif

You may get your own 2-Minute Hate at the Ministry of Truth.

So be careful.

History teaches us, and we must assume, that the IRS and DOJ are again private thugs in the hands of the left. No tarmac pardons for YOU.

Everyone who was a white supremacist 2 days ago is still a white supremacist today, so I can't say there has been a great transformation. Though, there is no longer one in the oval office, and that should count for something.

Nonsense. Everyone knew the risks of Covid in March. Taking necessary precautions is a matter of personal responsibility. If making Trump the scapegoat for tragedy in your life makes you feel better fine. People grieve in different ways I suppose.
More finger pointing and leadership doesn’t matter rants. Predictable

But...

I'd think it was the opposite of American fluff. With Trump talking about rusted out buildings and American carnage, I'll quote George W. Bush - that was some weird shit.

We need parler back so all the idiots can there and circle jerk in their echo chamber of lies.

Shapiro absolutely nails the state of our Federal government here:

Yep. Our gov is a joke. But what if trump turns out to be the best thing to happen to american politics in ages. what if he starts the patriot party. what if he'd prefer to just play golf in palm but debts start coming due and he has to raise cash and views the patriot party as his lender. then whatever percentage of whackos that identified as R's follow him. bam three parties. then the media continues to promote the squad and hyper progressive policy and they become the dems catapulting a good chunk of the dems over to the new repub party that will become the most centrist party we could ever have envisioned and most of the country will become unified at long last. fanciful but....

Reactions: Lifetimebooler1
Yep. Our gov is a joke. But what if trump turns out to be the best thing to happen to american politics in ages. what if he starts the patriot party. what if he'd prefer to just play golf in palm but debts start coming due and he has to raise cash and views the patriot party as his lender. then whatever percentage of whackos that identified as R's follow him. bam three parties. then the media continues to promote the squad and hyper progressive policy and they become the dems catapulting a good chunk of the dems over to the new repub party that will become the most centrist party we could ever have envisioned and most of the country will become unified at long last. fanciful but....

I don't hate the idea, but a Trump party or "Patriot" party would all but guarantee a Democratic super majority for years to come.

... bam three parties. then the media continues to promote the squad and hyper progressive policy and they become the dems catapulting a good chunk of the dems over to the new repub party that will become the most centrist party we could ever have envisioned and most of the country will become unified at long last.
settle down, dude

This is what you did to Lucy:

ISYACaR.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT