ADVERTISEMENT

A Day of Rage

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
I'm naive enough to think that anyone who takes the time to view the 40-minute video produced by the New York Times, will agree with me that January 6 MUST be fully investigated by Congress. We've had posters on this board echo the lies of some politicians and media that those who broke into the Capitol were mostly tourists and nonviolent protesters. The NYTimes reporters have done a remarkable job documenting what happened. The video is disturbing and reinforces the need for a full investigation. It's not enough for our justice system to prosecute the people who participated. We also need to hold accountable those politicians who encouraged the insurrection and attempted to dismiss the seriousness of the events.

I value the two-party system. The Republican Party will never regain credibility until they accept the truth of these events and hold those responsible accountable.

The video is available at nytimes.com.

I'm naive enough to think that anyone who takes the time to view the 40-minute video produced by the New York Times, will agree with me that January 6 MUST be fully investigated by Congress. We've had posters on this board echo the lies of some politicians and media that those who broke into the Capitol were mostly tourists and nonviolent protesters. The NYTimes reporters have done a remarkable job documenting what happened. The video is disturbing and reinforces the need for a full investigation. It's not enough for our justice system to prosecute the people who participated. We also need to hold accountable those politicians who encouraged the insurrection and attempted to dismiss the seriousness of the events.

I value the two-party system. The Republican Party will never regain credibility until they accept the truth of these events and hold those responsible accountable.

We should also do an investigation into our current VP about her actions in all of the rioting and violence all over the country last year, like encouraging her followers to bail rioters out of jail amongst other things. You don't care about any of that though

We should also do an investigation into our current VP about her actions in all of the rioting and violence all over the country last year, like encouraging her followers to bail rioters out of jail amongst other things. You don't care about any of that though
I'm not so naive as to think I would have received an intelligent response from you. Please ignore my posts. I'm speaking to others on this board. Thank you.

Knock yourself out. Investigate both. Investigate all.

Idiot protestors throwing bricks and blocking traffic don't bother me nearly as much as militant protestors breaching Capitol security with zipties and bear repellent, looking for Pelosi and threatening to hang Mike Pence.

But investigate it all.

I'm not so naive as to think I would have received an intelligent response from you. Please ignore my posts. I'm speaking to others on this board. Thank you.
So you don't have an answer right? If I were you I wouldn't be questioning anyone else's intelligence . I don't care who you are speaking to, make a public post and I will respond if I choose to.

Last edited:
Knock yourself out. Investigate both. Investigate all.

Idiot protestors throwing bricks and blocking traffic don't bother me nearly as much as militant protestors breaching Capitol security with zipties and bear repellent, looking for Pelosi and threatening to hang Mike Pence.

But investigate it all.
Right, because I am sure all of those people voted Democrat if they voted. So none of the other really bothered you at all is what you are saying. Lets not forget burning and looting as well.

Last edited:
Guy is the king of false equivalences. And not the sharpest tool in the shed.

militant protestors breaching Capitol security with zipties and bear repellent, looking for Pelosi and threatening to hang Mike Pence.
...and looking to prevent the constitutionally-mandated tally of electoral votes, certification of a presidential election, and the inauguration of a duly elected president.

The vice president of the Minneapolis City Council says she was "held hostage" while attending a Pride celebration over the weekend, as video shows a large group of protesters blocked her vehicle until she agreed to sign a list of their demands that included dropping criminal charges against rioters.

Andrea Jenkins, who represents Minneapolis’ 8th Ward and identifies as the first Black openly transgender woman to be elected to office in the U.S., said in a statement Tuesday that it is also time to stop the holding of Black-owned businesses, the neighbors and residents of the neighborhood near George Floyd Square hostage more than a year after Floyd's death on May 25, 2020.

The incident happened Sunday afternoon while Jenkins was attending the Taking Back Pride event in Loring Park, as video shows her sitting in the front passenger seat of a white vehicle being blocked by a group of extreme Black Lives Matter demonstrators, many with their cellphones out recording.

"It might be three days before I get out of here," Jenkins is heard telling someone over the phone while sitting in the vehicle, according to a 23-minute-long video shared to Facebook by activist Donald Hooker Jr.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and 76-1

Not saying you’re wrong but the post you just wrote is 93% emotional nonsense. Try again - focusing on facts and without accusing Republicans of what you’ve accused them of. Then maybe we can arrive on an agreement.

You don't even have a shed . When liberals know they get owned this is the response. It is disheartening but also fun to watch you guys.
Probably 90% of what you post is some variation on this single theme. You seldom bring anything to the table, but congratulations on your delusion that you "own the libs!"

Not saying you’re wrong but the post you just wrote is 93% emotional nonsense. Try again - focusing on facts and without accusing Republicans of what you’ve accused them of. Then maybe we can arrive on an agreement.
Bullshit Ranger. 93% eh? Why so offensive? I don't accuse all Republicans of dismissing the events, but far too many are willing to turn away from confrontation. Liz Cheney chose to speak up and was quickly stripped of her position. I understand that taking a stand will bring about some heat, but the Republican Party would be stronger if they did that.

For me, the NYT has no credibility.

Bullshit Ranger. 93% eh? Why so offensive? I don't accuse all Republicans of dismissing the events, but far too many are willing to turn away from confrontation. Liz Cheney chose to speak up and was quickly stripped of her position. I understand that taking a stand will bring about some heat, but the Republican Party would be stronger if they did that.
That’s not what I meant. You use buzzwords like Insurrection, don’t take account how crowds and posses work - with leaders and rube followers, and falsely blame GOP congressmen of washing the incident. Meanwhile I’m sure you (rightly) we’re flabbergasted by the Benghazi nonsense but now somehow this is different. It’s partisan nonsense. I’m not offended - I’m just not interested in engaging. It’s pointless. Unless the Benghazi nonsense was merited (it wasn’t), and you’re willing to investigate key Democrat leaders’ words that helped charge the summer riots and their various occupations of federalism municipal facilities. You’re not, so you’re just slinging nonsense.

I would like to hear under oath a cross section of those who stormed the Capitol explain their rationale for doing what they did.

We might hear them say such things as the Capitol is their building and the Congressmen who hang out there are only part time representatives of theirs. The election was stolen, and the president gave them the authority to prevent the steal.

Why shouldn't we find out what makes those folks tick as they represent a good many Americans ?

It isn't the incident which concerns me as much as finding out what those who stormed the Capitol are thinking. After all, their mindset isn't going away and could be a wave of the future.

'm naive enough to think that anyone who takes the time to view the 40-minute video produced by the New York Times, will agree with me that January 6 MUST be fully investigated by Congress. We've had posters on this board echo the lies of some politicians and media that those who broke into the Capitol were mostly tourists and nonviolent protesters. The NYTimes reporters have done a remarkable job documenting what happened. The video is disturbing and reinforces the need for a full investigation. It's not enough for our justice system to prosecute the people who participated. We also need to hold accountable those politicians who encouraged the insurrection and attempted to dismiss the seriousness of the events.

it was all a big misunderstanding.

apparently word leaked out that there was big sale on Confederate Flags going on inside The Capital, with limited inventory.

That’s not what I meant. You use buzzwords like Insurrection, don’t take account how crowds and posses work - with leaders and rube followers, and falsely blame GOP congressmen of washing the incident. Meanwhile I’m sure you (rightly) we’re flabbergasted by the Benghazi nonsense but now somehow this is different. It’s partisan nonsense. I’m not offended - I’m just not interested in engaging. It’s pointless. Unless the Benghazi nonsense was merited (it wasn’t), and you’re willing to investigate key Democrat leaders’ words that helped charge the summer riots and their various occupations of federalism municipal facilities. You’re not, so you’re just slinging nonsense.
Bullshit again Ranger. You're better than this. I absolutely back investigations of the summer riots. Lots of questions that need answers. Insurrection isn't a buzzword, or it shouldn't be. Several leading Republicans used that term following the event. And yes, as the video points out, some of the very congressmen who helped fortify the entrance of The House Chambers later made statements dismissing the attack only because they feared the consequences of speaking the truth. It's sad you're not offended. I certainly am.

Disagree sir. NYT made an excellent video of the Rittenhouse incident - and it’s likely to exonerate him. It was a very fair video.
I also disagree. Republicans have some cleaning up to do. The events of that day and everything surrounding it deserve investigation. I also agree that Democrats have some cleaning up to do.

I also disagree. Republicans have some cleaning up to do. The events of that day and everything surrounding it deserve investigation. I also agree that Democrats have some cleaning up to do.
I can agree with that - I just have zero respect for anything Congress “investigates.” It’s just a bunch of low information / low IQ asshats grandstanding for sound bites.

Bullshit again Ranger. You're better than this. I absolutely back investigations of the summer riots. Lots of questions that need answers. Insurrection isn't a buzzword, or it shouldn't be. Several leading Republicans used that term following the event. And yes, as the video points out, some of the very congressmen who helped fortify the entrance of The House Chambers later made statements dismissing the attack only because they feared the consequences of speaking the truth. It's sad you're not offended. I certainly am.
Then try rewording your post as something other than: REPUBLICANS DUMB - DEMOCRATS GOOD

Then try rewording your post as something other than: REPUBLICANS DUMB - DEMOCRATS GOOD
I've re-read my post a few times and I don't see it that way. I don't think Republicans are dumb. Eh, maybe a few, but there are good examples of some pretty stupid Democrats as well. The problem is they are smart enough to understand the polls and fear the pushback they would get if they speak up. There are plenty of examples of this. But until the Republican leadership does speak up, this small minority will continue to control the party. That's not good for our country. I bet we agree more than disagree.

I can see that Ranger. The politics certainly get in the way. We can hope though.
That’s my point. Your tone in your OP was accusatory of the greater GOP. That’s stupid. Because GOPers are weary of how ridiculous congressional “investigations” are doesn’t mean they support the Insurrection!

I have zero faith in anything Congress can do in open hearings. I am all for a bipartisan commission to investigate events including summer rioting that caused north of a billion in damage and dozens of lives - but no Democrat would support that out of fear of losing votes.

there’s no high horse here-there’s only terrible government.

I've re-read my post a few times and I don't see it that way. I don't think Republicans are dumb. Eh, maybe a few, but there are good examples of some pretty stupid Democrats as well. The problem is they are smart enough to understand the polls and fear the pushback they would get if they speak up. There are plenty of examples of this. But until the Republican leadership does speak up, this small minority will continue to control the party. That's not good for our country. I bet we agree more than disagree.
Hyperbole such as “will never regain credibility!” is unhelpful and an awful concluding statement. The GOP as a party had nothing to do with the riot and your threat is a) false and b) emotional grand standing. That’s why I had a violent reaction to it. I don’t know how you can’t read it again and again and see the same.

That’s my point. Your tone in your OP was accusatory of the greater GOP. That’s stupid. Because GOPers are weary of how ridiculous congressional “investigations” are doesn’t mean they support the Insurrection!

I have zero faith in anything Congress do in open hearings. I am all for a bipartisan commission to investigate events including summer rioting that caused north of a billion in damage and dozens of lives - but no Democrat would support that out of fear of losing votes.

Ranger...the greater GOP took away Liz Cheney's leadership position because she spoke the truth about January 6. Liz Cheney's conservative credentials exceed most of these cowards. My former Senator, Jeff Flake, decided to not run for re-election because of the opposition he received when calling out President Trump. And Flake's conservative credentials also exceed these cowards. Now Arizona has two Democratic Senators. More recently, Georgia elected Democratic Senators. I spoke about the need to have a strong Republican Party. Sadly, the party is failing.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Ranger...the greater GOP took away Liz Cheney's leadership position because she spoke the truth about January 6. Liz Cheney's conservative credentials exceed most of these cowards. My former Senator, Jeff Flake, decided to not run for re-election because of the opposition he received when calling out President Trump. And Flake's conservative credentials also exceed these cowards. Now Arizona has two Democratic Senators. More recently, Georgia elected Democratic Senators. I spoke about the need to have a strong Republican Party. Sadly, the party is failing.
Republicans have a majority of govs state representation and will likely take over the house. If DeSantis runs for prez even better. I do agree any congress folks who incited Jan 6 should be punished. I’m also glad Liz Cheney was removed.

I have zero faith in anything Congress can do in open hearings. I am all for a bipartisan commission to investigate events including summer rioting that caused north of a billion in damage and dozens of lives - but no Democrat would support that out of fear of losing votes.

If not politics, why do you and yours continue to insist that the events of January 6 and the summer riots be investigated similarly? There was nothing similar about them save for the political tit for tat.

If not politics, why do you and yours continue to insist that the events of January 6 and the summer riots be investigated similarly? There was nothing similar about them save for the political tit for tat.
it, like so many other things, is a matter of opinion. jan 6 was a nothingburger imo compared to the summer of love. others feel differently. i understand that. that said i have no problem with an inquiry into those govt officials that encouraged/incited same. instead what it will be is a new angle for congress to waste time with partisan attacks and virtue signaling, to wit, nothing good will come or follow outside of getting a rise out of circle joe

i have no problem with an inquiry into those govt officials that encouraged/incited same. instead what it will be is a new angle for congress to waste time with partisan attacks and virtue signaling, to wit, nothing good will come or follow outside of getting a rise out of circle joe

We could have hand an independent commission with no political axes to grind but Mitch queered that deal.

What? Both stem from varying degrees of dog whistling from their sympathizers. Trump and Giuliani clearly worse and more overt but the tone of plenty of Dem leaders was encouraging for protesting - which leads to riots in many instances when it comes to race, declaring the Louisville PD to be murderers, and overt disrespect of police. I know you don’t want to hear that - but it’s true.

I don’t want to investigate either of them because it’s pretty ****ing clear what happened with each. Why do you want a Jan 6 investigation other than politics? Isn’t it clear to you, an obvious smart guy, what happened?

ADVERTISEMENT