ADVERTISEMENT

A Crazy Idea

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
or possibly brilliant. Remains to be seen.

Premise: Games will be played this fall but with greatly reduced attendance, like 1/3 capacity.

Proposal: In terms of the student section. Make the tickets free, but limit it to like 100 (number doesn't exactly matter) hard cap. And they have to promise to be there for the whole game. Every student seat comes with a t-shirt for them to wear and they can brand it as like the "Loyal Hundred."

When football comes back like before, they do the student section like the Block S at Penn State where kids get to their seats and they either have a white or blue shirt to wear to form the "S." At IU, it could be like the first X rows are the "off" color to commemorate the Loyal 100 students that went to games in a VERY different kind of season. Would add some level of a "tradition" to IU football, and might be able to gin up some spirit. Obviously, the team would have to perform going forward to build a fan base where the student section wouldn't be empty in the future and ruin the visual.

I don't now anyone in the athletic office, so I'm just pitching this to a fan board, but hey, it worked for alcohol sales.

or possibly brilliant. Remains to be seen.

Premise: Games will be played this fall but with greatly reduced attendance, like 1/3 capacity.

Proposal: In terms of the student section. Make the tickets free, but limit it to like 100 (number doesn't exactly matter) hard cap. And they have to promise to be there for the whole game. Every student seat comes with a t-shirt for them to wear and they can brand it as like the "Loyal Hundred."

When football comes back like before, they do the student section like the Block S at Penn State where kids get to their seats and they either have a white or blue shirt to wear to form the "S." At IU, it could be like the first X rows are the "off" color to commemorate the Loyal 100 students that went to games in a VERY different kind of season. Would add some level of a "tradition" to IU football, and might be able to gin up some spirit. Obviously, the team would have to perform going forward to build a fan base where the student section wouldn't be empty in the future and ruin the visual.

I don't now anyone in the athletic office, so I'm just pitching this to a fan board, but hey, it worked for alcohol sales.
I like your proposal and think it could help develop a student section that is a real asset to the program.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT