ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of random comments about other BT teams.........

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Micah Potter, 6'9" 240 lbs..>Wisconsin, transfer from OSU....I believe he became eligible 2nd semester.......Anybody watched him? avg 11/6 in 16 minutes per game, shooting 60% on 3s, 58% on 2s.....Wisconsin, with 2 nice road wins, might be right up there at/near the top at the end? 6 solid guys with Reuvers, King, Davison, Potter, Trice, Pritzl, but probably none are better than 3rd string ABT, at best. Amazing what they get done with those parts.........

Iowa---Fran's a douche, no doubt, but the man knows how to run an offense. And his manic outbursts sometimes work to get the fans involved, to get some calls. Example--the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half v. Rutgers. Anyway, anyone who hasn't watched them should....Garza is a very interesting guy to watch, and Weiskamp is damn good---in a normal year probably a 1st team ABT guy. But the guy of interest to me right now is CJ Frederick. He was out of the Cincy area.....6'3", .had a reputation as a HS sharpshooter.....one of those guys just not quite physically gifted or tall enough to rate an IU offer.....anyway, I wish we had offered. He's avg 12 per game, hitting 48% on 3s, 94% on FTs...........Iowa will be interesting to watch....the little PG from NY (Toussant?) is coming on, they are 3rd in the country in offensive efficiency, and they are average + right now on D.

Micah Potter, 6'9" 240 lbs..>Wisconsin, transfer from OSU....I believe he became eligible 2nd semester.......Anybody watched him? avg 11/6 in 16 minutes per game, shooting 60% on 3s, 58% on 2s.....Wisconsin, with 2 nice road wins, might be right up there at/near the top at the end? 6 solid guys with Reuvers, King, Davison, Potter, Trice, Pritzl, but probably none are better than 3rd string ABT, at best. Amazing what they get done with those parts.........

Iowa---Fran's a douche, no doubt, but the man knows how to run an offense. And his manic outbursts sometimes work to get the fans involved, to get some calls. Example--the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half v. Rutgers. Anyway, anyone who hasn't watched them should....Garza is a very interesting guy to watch, and Weiskamp is damn good---in a normal year probably a 1st team ABT guy. But the guy of interest to me right now is CJ Frederick. He was out of the Cincy area.....6'3", .had a reputation as a HS sharpshooter.....one of those guys just not quite physically gifted or tall enough to rate an IU offer.....anyway, I wish we had offered. He's avg 12 per game, hitting 48% on 3s, 94% on FTs...........Iowa will be interesting to watch....the little PG from NY (Toussant?) is coming on, they are 3rd in the country in offensive efficiency, and they are average + right now on D.

Obviously I'm hoping for an NCAA bid this year, but part of what I want to see in our program progressing, is righting some of the recent wrongs within our conference play. A sweep of PU this year and beating Rutgers and WI in the BTT, AND getting a tournament bid would be a pretty damn successful year for me at this point. Hope the scheduling gives us a shot at WI or Rutgers, if not both. Call me crazy, I still believe someday we will win the BTT... and that I'm alive to see it!

Reactions: Coachlosekamp
Obviously I'm hoping for an NCAA bid this year, but part of what I want to see in our program progressing, is righting some of the recent wrongs within our conference play. A sweep of PU this year and beating Rutgers and WI in the BTT, AND getting a tournament bid would be a pretty damn successful year for me at this point. Hope the scheduling gives us a shot at WI or Rutgers, if not both. Call me crazy, I still believe someday we will win the BTT... and that I'm alive to see it!
Concur about winning the BTT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT