ADVERTISEMENT

A Couple of Good Things...

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
We have not lost to a team we shouldn't have yet and our pitching and hitting, albeit sporadic, have come through enough to get us to a respectable 13-7 record. Like I have posted before, once the weather warms up I hope so does our team. Our batting lineup could be a nightmare for our opponents if we can get Colopy, Pyne, Tibbetts, Ellis, Whalen and Mathison at least close to previous seasons production.
Go Hoosiers!

We have not lost to a team we shouldn't have yet and our pitching and hitting, albeit sporadic, have come through enough to get us to a respectable 13-7 record. Like I have posted before, once the weather warms up I hope so does our team. Our batting lineup could be a nightmare for our opponents if we can get Colopy, Pyne, Tibbetts, Ellis, Whalen and Mathison at least close to previous seasons production.
Go Hoosiers!
You are correct, we have avoided the bad loss. The clutch plays and key hits involved are positive signs. The squeakers have come against some pretty bad teams teams. Also we have left a lot of runners on base and over the long haul that will catch up with you. We have hitters and a few who were off to bad starts are showing signs of life. In short, I was too negative after the UK game and I regret that post for a variety of reasons.

However, in the back of my mind then and still is the thought that if the hitting improves, especially with runners on base, and some semblance of dependable pitching comes together by May the season can be salvaged even with a bad April. I can see the staff giving some thought to Sinnard as a Friday or Sunday fixture and taking a group approach to the other conference games With Yoho and Kraft for save situations. None of our other pitchers at this point give me confidence of going through the batting order more than once max so just groups of guys together that would present different looks and plan on 2-3 inning max stints.

I missed it as a baby but my Cleveland Indians last series win came at the expense of the Boston Braves in 1948. Pitching, or lack of it, for that Braves team gave us this poem which speaks to pitching staff depth issues.

It was a good move to push the series up with Morehead State with the weather the way it's been starting this weekend. So far, we have avoided the game cancellations on the season, but that hasn't been the case around the B1G.

There were games canceled yesterday and also today, as well as games earlier in the season. With the start of the game yesterday at 34 degrees, it was pushing it to get that game in. As of yesterday, we have played the most games to date in the B1G at 20 games, although Minnesota will have played that many after today's game which is ongoing as I post this. The Gophers probably wished a lot of their games were canceled given the lousy start they are off to. Northwestern has played the fewest games so far, but are off to a horrendous start at 0-12.

Last edited:
It was a good move to push the series up with Morehead State with the weather the way it's been starting this weekend. So far, we have avoided the game cancellations on the season, but that hasn't been the case around the B1G.

There were games canceled yesterday and also today, as well as games earlier in the season. With the start of the game yesterday at 34 degrees, it was pushing it to get that game in. As of yesterday, we have played the most games to date in the B1G at 20 games, although Minnesota will have played that many after today's game which is ongoing as I post this. The Gophers probably wished a lot of their games were canceled given the lousy start they are off to. Northwestern has played the fewest games so far, but are off to a horrendous start at 0-12.
Even in the cold, there is nothing like game reps to sharpen skills

Reactions: 82IU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT