ADVERTISEMENT

A book everyone - not just those here - should read.

Univee2

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2002
Nuclear War: A Scenario - by Annie Jacobsen.

Holy cow. This is a book that should shake up anybody. The research and detail alone make it gut-wrenching, but by creating a situation, second by second, minute by minute, where the U.S. is facing the prospect of a North Korean ICBM hitting DC, Jacobsen creates a chilling and apocalyptic horror story.

Former government, military and academic folks are quoted extensively as the timeline is interspersed with information about submarines, satellites and more. I’m surprised that so much is discussed as it seems as if we’re giving away what I think should be classified.

A third of the way through and I’m sweating bullets. Not a beach book for summer, but a well-written, in some respects, fictional style book.

History buffs - Marvin - and military buffs - Aloha - ought to find this particularly engrossing.

Nuclear War: A Scenario - by Annie Jacobsen.

Holy cow. This is a book that should shake up anybody. The research and detail alone make it gut-wrenching, but by creating a situation, second by second, minute by minute, where the U.S. is facing the prospect of a North Korean ICBM hitting DC, Jacobsen creates a chilling and apocalyptic horror story.

Former government, military and academic folks are quoted extensively as the timeline is interspersed with information about submarines, satellites and more. I’m surprised that so much is discussed as it seems as if we’re giving away what I think should be classified.

A third of the way through and I’m sweating bullets. Not a beach book for summer, but a well-written, in some respects, fictional style book.

History buffs - Marvin - and military buffs - Aloha - ought to find this particularly engrossing.

Long form interview here.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT