ADVERTISEMENT

A bit OT...but this is how it is...

It is not surprising based on the season football had this year and the struggles basketball is still going through. IUFB needs to have a winning season next year with an upset or two of the "big boys" for the optimism to continue about the football team.

It is not surprising based on the season football had this year and the struggles basketball is still going through. IUFB needs to have a winning season next year with an upset or two of the "big boys" for the optimism to continue about the football team.
I just stay away from the basketball forum. It's polluted with trolls and haters and idiots. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion there. This board has a few hysterical children (mostly posting during and immediately following games) but the majority of folks here are true fans. The worst of the worst like fpeaugh and the hundred incarnations of Ordfan have mostly been silenced by the football team's success. You can place the most despicable on ignore without too much disruption.

On the basketball side, the "basket of deplorables" destroy every thread with venom and negativity, regardless of the topic. It's too bad because there are a lot of passionate - yet reasonable - fans who would like to have sensible discussions.

Agree. Any predicts on whom?

Agree. Any predicts on whom?
I hope for Wisconsin, MSU, and PSU. Wisconsin should be the toughest since it is there but if IU pulls it off then who knows how good this season can be. The only real concern at this point is how good the OL will be as I think they will be good but not sure how good. If Cronk came back I would feel very good about the OL but I hope they have a young OLman that can do the job.

I just stay away from the basketball forum. It's polluted with trolls and haters and idiots. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion there. This board has a few hysterical children (mostly posting during and immediately following games) but the majority of folks here are true fans. The worst of the worst like fpeaugh and the hundred incarnations of Ordfan have mostly been silenced by the football team's success. You can place the most despicable on ignore without too much disruption.

On the basketball side, the "basket of deplorables" destroy every thread with venom and negativity, regardless of the topic. It's too bad because there are a lot of passionate - yet reasonable - fans who would like to have sensible discussions.
I am surprised that anyone on the basketball board ever receives any "likes," since it appears that all the posters want to do is argue about any statement given.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT