ADVERTISEMENT

A Biden presidency could spell another depression

So the excuses for why Biden can't succeed are out there before the loser gets elected. If the task is to much for this weak guy to overcome then why vote for him. These 2 political parties need to be removed from american politics.
The need for a 3rd party has never been more apparent.
Common sense has left the building

Deficits. Something the right no longer cares about.
I would interesting to know how much of the social security fund deficit is in direct relations to Republican spending or to overspending on social programs with no plan to break any trends? Do you think the deficit will ever be paid back? I would bet that social security go insolvent, hence I don't plan on seeing one dime of the money I put in. I was in favor back in the Bush days of letting those who wish take their money from social security and investing it. I realize there were many in government that thought that would be bad for those who couldn't rationally make good decision, it should have been you can choose either, but seeing how that would totally disrupt the social security fund that never happened.

Here’s why you vote for him:

“When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don’t use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We’ve never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

“It’s just astonishing that this man is President of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he’s the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he’s brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on a truly epic scale. And let’s be clear. This isn’t happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you’re the most likely to die from this disease. We’re the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk”.

That’s the excerpt of a recent interview with Steve Schmidt, lifelong Republican operative and campaign manager of John McCain. It’s a little short on nuance, but speaks the truth.

Since the Republican Party only has two issues to justify their existence: tax cuts for the wealthy and voter suppression, feel free to do away with that political party since Trump has perverted what it once stood for. They have no interest in governing anyway, just the acquisition and retention of power. If you think it’s a good thing that Trump destroyed the Republican brand and would also like to see the Democrat party done away with, then you’re arguing for a Trump dictatorship and I would ask you to reread Schmidt’s interview above. If we are to have a dictatorship in this country, FFS, at least install someone with a brain, a sense of history, a sense of global responsibility, and a bit of emotional intelligence. Otherwise, let’s just plod along and choose between the two parties. It worked fairly well until 2016.

I believe everyone has their right to opinion, I also find it amazing that a man who's net worth is over 4 billion dollars and who employee's over 22,000 people is assumed to be a failure.

From 2005 to 2017 there were 12.8 million bankruptcies filled by individuals, would we call all of those individuals failures? I don't think so but the above quote leads one to think that because Trump has filled BK is a "failed businessman".

I believe everyone has their right to opinion, I also find it amazing that a man who's net worth is over 4 billion dollars and who employee's over 22,000 people is assumed to be a failure.

From 2005 to 2017 there were 12.8 million bankruptcies filled by individuals, would we call all of those individuals failures? I don't think so but the above quote leads one to think that because Trump has filled BK is a "failed businessman".

I don’t get into Trump’s net worth and that stuff, although my opinion is he’s worth we’ll south of what he claims. I just strongly believe he’s a despicable person that is a danger to the country and world at large in the office he holds. That trumps (no pun intended) everything to me.

Here’s why you vote for him:

“When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don’t use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We’ve never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

“It’s just astonishing that this man is President of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he’s the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he’s brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on a truly epic scale. And let’s be clear. This isn’t happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you’re the most likely to die from this disease. We’re the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk”.

That’s the excerpt of a recent interview with Steve Schmidt, lifelong Republican operative and campaign manager of John McCain. It’s a little short on nuance, but speaks the truth.

"Since the Republican Party only has two issues to justify their existence: tax cuts for the wealthy and voter suppression, feel free to do away with that political party since Trump has perverted what it once stood for. They have no interest in governing anyway, just the acquisition and retention of power. If you think it’s a good thing that Trump destroyed the Republican brand and would also like to see the Democrat party done away with, then you’re arguing for a Trump dictatorship and I would ask you to reread Schmidt’s interview above. If we are to have a dictatorship in this country, FFS, at least install someone with a brain, a sense of history, a sense of global responsibility, and a bit of emotional intelligence. Otherwise, let’s just plod along and choose between the two parties. It worked fairly well until 2016.

You left out the first part of Schmidt's quote.

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness."

The need for a 3rd party has never been more apparent.
Common sense has left the building

of course that's absolutely correct.

but the catch 22 is, the minute a 3rd party gains enough power to win elections, it too will be bought, thus controlled by Wall St as well, because it can be.

and Wall St's vision for the agenda of govt, is to and only to, benefit Wall St's investors.

govt is to Wall St, as Bill Barr is to Trump.

if you allow govt to be bought, 100% chance it will be.

SCOTUS allowed it, so it got bought.

SCOTUS didn't just allow govt to be bought for money, it literally insured that happening.

removing that ability, is the only hope for better govt or better candidates to vote for.

He’s a failed human...

Reactions: UncleMark
of course that's absolutely correct.

but the catch 22 is, the minute a 3rd party gains enough power to win elections, it too will be bought, thus controlled by Wall St as well, because it can be.

and Wall St's vision for the agenda of govt, is to and only to, benefit Wall St's investors.

govt is to Wall St, as Bill Barr is to Trump.

if you allow govt to be bought, 100% chance it will be.

SCOTUS allowed it, so it got bought.

SCOTUS didn't just allow govt to be bought for money, it literally insured that happening.

removing that ability, is the only hope for better govt or better candidates to vote for.
Both parties are stuck in the how do we increase group freedoms and group prosperity as opposed to the how do we increase individual freedoms and individual prosperity.
Until we are looked at as individuals as opposed to groups nothing will get better.
Gonna step out for a bit as the daughter and I take the wife and son to the cleaners in euchre.

You left out the first part of Schmidt's quote.

"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness."

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that!

Reactions: Circlejoe

Trump inherited over $400m from his father over his young adulthood. He was a failure and a joke if not for The Apprentice, which saved his celebrity career.

Trump inherited over $400m from his father over his young adulthood. He was a failure and a joke if not for The Apprentice, which saved his celebrity career.

I read an article a few years ago and some Wall Street guy estimated his current worth closer to that $400m and the main reason he won’t release his tax returns. I’m not sure how true that is, nor do I care.

If you say so, I get my perspective from real people who tell me their stories. I get my opinion from speaking daily to hard working men and women who tell me and show me how life has been better. I get my opinion from retired individuals who through the past 4 years have continued to live a comfortable life and even done more in retirement than they imagined. I deal with all levels of individuals daily it is one of the more interesting things I do, and after 25 years I’ve learned to listen and see what is before me. Until Covid 19 their wasn’t much unrest around the people I see and get the pleasure of being around. So do you need more deflections since I realize that is all you got and will probably be your strong come back.

So in the lingo any red blooded 8th grader in America can understand EAD
People who think Obama was a good president on any measure never recovered from the Hillary loss. It like People forgot what a total cluster Obamacare turned out to be. My insurance premiums went up four fold. The one thing I thought he could really help out with was the cultural divide we have in this country, yet Ferguson and Baltimore and a lot of major catastrophes happened on his watch. He and Biden had eight years to fix these problems and they only got worse.

And this just happened 3 years ago to everyone you know?

If you are in the banking industry I would have thought you'd worship the ground that Obama walked on as he saved your industry in 2009.

We just had a ten year bull run starting with the recovery act that prevented a depression.

When Obama took over the nasdaq was around 1200. When he left it was 5500.

Yes the nasdaq closed over 10,000 today so it's almost doubled in Trump's first term.

Obama quadrupled the market in his 8 years.

This nonsense that Trump did anything to an already roaring economy is laughable. To think that he built anything almost immediately because of some additional tax breaks and fracking is misinformed (2017 was the most robust year in anticipation of all of Trump's promises but got pissed on in 2018 when he started his trade war and eventually got played like a bitch as South America picked up a boatload of agriculture share).

Oh wait he's still working on those trade deals and they are going to be beautiful right?

This isn't a conservative VS liberal thing anymore.

What levels are you going to let Trump speak for you? Do you really want to be known as the party of neo Nazism, mysoginy, blatent corruption, irresponsibility and the lowest common denominator of intelligence?

Because that's what the world thinks of MAGA's. Dumbass trailer trash.

That is becoming the world view of the Republican party all because you let Trump bring you down to his WWF level.

'And that's the bottom line'. Lol

When is your party going to wise up?
The recovery under Obama was nothing but anemic. Employment numbers never followed the recovery making it one of the weakest recoveries in history.

People who think Obama was a good president on any measure never recovered from the Hillary loss. It like People forgot what a total cluster Obamacare turned out to be. My insurance premiums went up four fold. The one thing I thought he could really help out with was the cultural divide we have in this country, yet Ferguson and Baltimore and a lot of major catastrophes happened on his watch. He and Biden had eight years to fix these problems and they only got worse.

Kaiser has a chart of average healthcare premiums per year.

Figure-1-12-21.png

The economy should be in every working man/woman’s wheelhouse right? When unemployment is down, the market is up and businesses are thriving it is a great sign we have a strong economy.

I respect your assuming what my job is, I will say for the record I have never been a teller but I highly respect what they do for the banking industry. I suspect their job is more important than any you have had and carry a greater risk of fear for potential failure.

You seem like a middle aged fella that loves to wear tank tops, but I could be wrong.

You have stated that Obama is the worst president in 100 years but Trump has done a great job with the economy. It is very easy to look up the number of jobs added per month, quarterly GDP growth etc. The NUMBERS, not rhetoric, will show you that Trump continued the trend that began during the Obama presidency. During Trumps tenure none of the metrics took a huge jump but rather closely followed an existing trend. My confusion is that Trump adding less than 200k jobs a month is a miracle but Obama’s over 200k is a disaster. “Marketing” results seem to trump (pun intended) the actual numbers

No course needed, I'm very aware that 1% of American's basically control the entire stock market, so giving too much credit to a President is a bit crazy. My point with Obama's increases were he came in during one of the worst financial markets of all time, and he had no place to go but up.

I would wonder what it would be like if the major money makers pulled out of America? What would be our course of action, I mean the government is only as strong financially as its citizens and their businesses since the money they spend is our money.

Finally, I can tell you one thing for certain about my job since you like to guess what I might actually do for the bank. I can tell you in my 25 years of banking not once have I ever worked for a financially poor man, or corporation ran by financially poor men and women.

“He had no place to go but up”.....That’s an easy thing to say now but if you look back at the state of the economy at that time many thought the economy was wrecked for decades, many thought the stock market would endure the years of stagnation similar to that suffered by the Japanese market and many, many people withdrew all of their money from the market because of the fear it would fall further. Do I think it went up solely because of Obama...absolutely not as I do not think any president has that much control over the market but I disagree with you that the market had nowhere to go up...especially because the Republicans, who are willing to spend 2-3 trillion for a Trump recovery, fought and bitched about the cost of nearly every Obama recovery proposal.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Kaiser has a chart of average healthcare premiums per year.

Figure-1-12-21.png

Thanks for posting this. Two of the biggest BS healthcare myths have been statements along lines of “my premiums quadrupled” and Obamacare was a job killer. In addition some people seem to forget that health care costs were continuously going up prior to ACA.
At least Trump delivered his promise to come up with a far superior health plan.....Oh wait a minute....

The recovery under Obama was nothing but anemic. Employment numbers never followed the recovery making it one of the weakest recoveries in history.

Below are the original US annual job growth numbers, along with the revised and final number, for each of Obama’s last three years and Trumps first three years. Please explain how 3.04, 2.72 and 2.345 million new jobs are an anemic disaster but 2.109, 2.314 and 2.096 are a miracle. If I was the DNC I would be running ads to dispel the job creating and economic miracle myth Trump has successfully touted.

• 2014: 3.006 million fell to 3.004 million, down 2,000 jobs
  • 2015: 2.729 million fell to 2.72 million, down 9,000 jobs
  • 2016: 2.318 million increased to 2.345 million, up 27,000 jobs

• 2017: 2.153 million fell to 2.109 million, down 44,000 jobs
  • 2018: 2.679 million fell to 2.314 million, down 365,000 jobs (Trump’s best year)
  • 2019: 2.115 million fell to 2.096 million, down 19,000 jobs

.Above numbers are pasted from Feb 7th, 2020 Forbes.

Last edited:
Below are the original US annual job growth numbers, along with the revised and final number, for each of Obama’s last three years and Trumps first three years. Please explain how 3.04, 2.72 and 2.345 million new jobs are an anemic disaster but 2.109, 2.314 and 2.096 are a miracle. If I was the DNC I would be running ads to dispel the job creating and economic miracle myth Trump has successfully touted.

• 2018: 2.679 million fell to 2.314 million, down 365,000 jobs (Trump’s best year)

Aah... Fake Forbes the ol' pinko commie deep stater publication.

You have stated that Obama is the worst president in 100 years but Trump has done a great job with the economy. It is very easy to look up the number of jobs added per month, quarterly GDP growth etc. The NUMBERS, not rhetoric, will show you that Trump continued the trend that began during the Obama presidency. During Trumps tenure none of the metrics took a huge jump but rather closely followed an existing trend. My confusion is that Trump adding less than 200k jobs a month is a miracle but Obama’s over 200k is a disaster. “Marketing” results seem to trump (pun intended) the actual numbers

Obama governed just like Clinton and GWB, very very very pro investor class, very very very anti working class.

many don't want to see that because he's black, or with Clinton because he was a Dem.

Biden will be no different, as Wall St, the war complex, big pharma/healthcare/insurance, the big banks, totally own him too and he will be their puppet, (and has been for decades), which is exactly why those interests installed him as the Dem nominee. (and Hilary in 16).

Biden's only saving grace is that he's not Trump.

he's a total and complete blatantly corrupt disaster other than that.

this is the non choice our oligarchy has given us, and will continue to give us.

I read an article a few years ago and some Wall Street guy estimated his current worth closer to that $400m and the main reason he won’t release his tax returns. I’m not sure how true that is, nor do I care.

That would surprise nobody. He's a complete con, anyone that's bothered to spend anytime digging into his past just a little bit knows that the persona of real estate mogul is a total joke. His father was a true real estate mogul, and built an empire that put him into the Forbes 400 back in the early 80s

Donald is the equivalent of a Kardashian girl. His entire career was about making Page 6. Being famous just for being famous.

People don't like to admit they've been duped by a conman, it's embarrassing. So you have people that should know better grasping at pathetically tiny straws to justify their support.

Last edited:

Its also funny to me that one of the greatest accomplishments of the ACA was the elimination of the pre existing conditions exception. Trump and the Republicans in 2018 ran on the idea that the Democrats wanted to take away that exception. Its amazing how dumb the lies are and the people that believe them.

Reactions: DCDAVID
Yabbut, he had a friend who started a business under T.rump, and it didn't go under, so that is much more convincing than numbers, and charts, and facts, and analysis, and stuff. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DCDAVID
Obama governed just like Clinton and GWB, very very very pro investor class, very very very anti working class.

many don't want to see that because he's black, or with Clinton because he was a Dem.

Biden will be no different, as Wall St, the war complex, big pharma/healthcare/insurance, the big banks, totally own him too and he will be their puppet, (and has been for decades), which is exactly why those interests installed him as the Dem nominee. (and Hilary in 16).

Biden's only saving grace is that he's not Trump.

he's a total and complete blatantly corrupt disaster other than that.

this is the non choice our oligarchy has given us, and will continue to give us.

In your opinion what would a “pro working class” President do? ie what are a couple of major changes that a pro working class President should try to implement ?

Reactions: tooold4
Yabbut, he had a friend who started a business under T.rump, and it didn't go under, so that is much more convincing than numbers, and charts, and facts, and analysis, and stuff. :rolleyes:
Correct I had a friend that started his business of selling "White Tank Tops" and it went over very well, as a matter of fact weren't you one of his biggest and best customers? :)

Correct I had a friend that started his business of selling "White Tank Tops" and it went over very well, as a matter of fact weren't you one of his biggest and best customers? :)
Wow, my former avatar really bothered you didn't it? You don't even get the reference, so it obviously scared you. Be calm, little fella, it won't hurt you.

Reactions: T.M.P.
You and I probably aren't far apart on these issues. I just disagree in the sense that Hillary or Biden could've handled Covid much better.

The cable news media is driving a scary narrative of defunding police, the police are BAD, Trump is a Nazi, left wing socialism is right, etc. What a scary bunch of ideas they cling to!!! Unfortunately, many so called educated people, this board included, are falling for this group think!
I don’t have to listen to any media outlet to make up my mind. I just listen to Trump talk.

That’s plenty

In your opinion what would a “pro working class” President do? ie what are a couple of major changes that a pro working class President should try to implement ?

That is a great question.
The current president can sit on his big mac and create issues that don't really exist or are illegal. Voting by mail leads to corrupt elections, walls to keep out the bad actors (serious irony) and immigration....you get the idea.
A pro worker President could use a small portion of his ( ok..or her ) time to promote worker wages and welfare. For example the NLRB has been a hot mess for I don't know how long, although the failure to protect union workers vs. industry most likely corresponds to election donations above and below the table. The nominations for board vacancies come from the President and need approval from the Senate of course, but vacancies can exist for years, and an instant loss goes to the work case that falls to a Republican board member (judge). The loss comes after waiting for a year, burning through savings trying to live on unemployment. And of course, that's the plan.

It was named the Labor Relations Board not the Industry Protection Bureau.

medicare for all,

livable minimum wage,

force manufacturing back on shore. (that talk ended as quick as it started didn't it, and we still are sitting ducks who can't now manufacture medical needs, pharmaceuticals or they're base components, any telecom needs, or many things China or elsewhere could bring us to our knees on if motivated to do so).

force all support back on shore. (all those support calls that go to the Philippines or India, used to be taken onshore, with more jobs and much better support. (just tax those back on shore).

tax wealth, end carried interest tax practices, tax literally every market transaction thus ending all high speed trading, taking the tax burden off the middle class.

make illegal right to work laws.

bring back anti trust, and end anti job, anti wages, and anti consumer pricing, with unregulated monopolies, duopolies, and oligopolies.

stop the Fed giving out trillions in zero interests loans to the big banks, which inflate real estate and stock and commodity prices for everyone else.

stop absurdly usurious interest rates on credit card balances. (what an f'ing racket).

end media being owned by telecom corps, or non media corps.

that's a start, but much will need a supreme court that isn't controlled by Wall St, or a voter rebellion.

Reactions: Tacoll
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT