ADVERTISEMENT

A Biden presidency could spell another depression

Bravo and thank you. I was too lazy to document the way you did. Plus I'm trying to work...kind of.

People like TD fascinate me. How can someone be so easily fooled?
That’s why I watched Trump’s rally in amazement Saturday. The first time ever I’ve watched a whole speech. Honestly how anyone could vote for that I’ll never understand. Nearly everyone who works for him leaves and tells us how absolutely unqualified he is. Do they think ALL these people who worked closely with him are lying? Do they think they know Trump better than Bolton, Mattis,Tillerman , Kelley, etc? It’s just beyond comprehension that anyone can fall for that.

I do wish Biden would publicly, bluntly say that he has no plans to defund the police.
I agree with reforms in hiring, accountability, and arrest methods, and others.
But the police deserve respect for what they do on a daily basis.
I thought he did. I’ve seen people from the far left upset at him because of it. I’ll see if I can find a link.

Sope, the retired economics professor from Butler and IUPUI who meets with our News Talk group on Wednesdays would agree completely with you.

He sees big fiscal problems down the road thanks to Trump and cuts in spending to reduce deficits just when we need more spending. Furthermore the short term boost to the GDP which the Trump people predicted has been disappointing. Little gain with lots of future pain.

Ironically Trump could be right. Biden will be in for some tough sledding.
There is no doubt that Biden will have a very difficult time. He will be left with a gigantic cleanup and likely will be taking office as another wave of Covid hits. Repercussions of the virus will last for years with even the miracle of both parties working together to attempt to solve the problems. And we all sadly know that won’t happen. And that doesn’t even address the huge divide and racial problems the country is having now.

Which? Who in Europe has percentages close to ours now?

Do you even bother to try and gather facts or do research on your own? (Rhetorical Question obviously)

Italy, UK, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, etc all have meaningfully higher mortality rates.

Obama DID do better. We'll find out when Biden wins, and Hillary surely would have cruised to re-election this fall. Impeached President Trump is THAT bad. Even with the tail winds he had, he still managed to f*ck everything up.

Trump is a successful con artist.

Fixed.

Reactions: DrHoops
I can't believe you folks think Obama was good. He was probably the worst president in 100 years. I'm self-employed and I can attest that my little ole business has done really well under Trump...And that's with moving to a place I didn't know anyone/relocating in October of 2016!!!

When I look at it from that perspective, Trump has really earned my vote!!!!
Were you and the other td at the Tulsa rally? Because there were definitely some people interviewed that made about as much sense as you two are in this thread. I can just see you in your MAGA hats and confederate flags.

Do you even bother to try and gather facts or do research on your own? (Rhetorical Question obviously)

Italy, UK, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, etc all have meaningfully higher mortality rates.
Perhaps you missed Cream and Crimsons response above? I’ll get some charts and get right back to you. But surely you know that the virus is all but gone in this round at least in most of the EU. As for the US? Not so much. Did you even read my response? I said who in Europe has numbers even close to ours NOW? God I’m tired of people that can’t freaking read and then insult others .

Perhaps you missed Cream and Crimsons response above? I’ll get some charts and get right back to you. But surely you know that the virus is all but gone in this round at least in most of the EU. As for the US? Not so much. Did you even read my response? I said who in Europe has numbers even close to ours NOW? God I’m tired of people that can’t freaking read and then insult others .

So you’ve decided to change your post to numbers from percentages? I threw out a stat measured by percentages and you are squirming like a fish in a bucket

So you’ve decided to change your post to numbers from percentages? I threw out a stat measured by percentages and you are squirming like a fish in a bucket
I never mentioned percentages. I said all the Euro countries handled it better and their numbers are better than us NOW. Read it AGAIN.

I never mentioned percentages. I said all the Euro countries handled it better and their numbers are better than us NOW. Read it AGAIN.

Is this a joke? Are you drunk or going senile on us?

Zeke per above:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-maps-and-cases/ This isn’t the one I was looking for but here’s one. The one I saw before had all the countries of the EU, which has about the same population as the US. They have flattened their curve and we have not. That’s the metric I’m using and I never said otherwise.

Is this a joke? Are you drunk or going senile on us?

Zeke per above:
Do you not understand what the word NOW means??? Good heavens. Today.... Not what happened two months ago.

That’s why I watched Trump’s rally in amazement Saturday. The first time ever I’ve watched a whole speech. Honestly how anyone could vote for that I’ll never understand. Nearly everyone who works for him leaves and tells us how absolutely unqualified he is. Do they think ALL these people who worked closely with him are lying? Do they think they know Trump better than Bolton, Mattis,Tillerman , Kelley, etc? It’s just beyond comprehension that anyone can fall for that.
I don't think you looked far and wide enough.
Barr, Pence, Kellyanne, and, I can't think off hand, but there are many who fall for that; Our president has told us so.
All these people who worked for are not lying. They believe the shit, therefor they are not lying. They maybe hopelessly stupid, but they are not lying.
Yes, they know Trump better than Bolton, Mattis, Tillerman, Kelly, etc. That's why they are still there.

Trump is singularly responsible for the US economy spinning quickly now into a Depression. That's Depression with a big fat D. It's been nearly 90 years since we've faced one of those. And your boy did it.
Your post is stupid, ignorant and worthy of all the scorn you are receiving here for posting it.

Seems like a level headed, thoughtful, educated objective response. Thanks C & C.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I can't believe you folks think Obama was good. He was probably the worst president in 100 years. I'm self-employed and I can attest that my little ole business has done really well under Trump...And that's with moving to a place I didn't know anyone/relocating in October of 2016!!!

When I look at it from that perspective, Trump has really earned my vote!!!!

Well that settles it.

Reactions: DrHoops and jet812
The thread is title that a Biden victory could spell another depression. Remove the could, the people at places like 8-chan WILL be depressed with a Biden win.

I posted a link the other day, no one read it I am sure, that showed there is virtually no difference between Democratic and Republicans when it comes to economic performance. The economy has far too many variables for even the president to do too much. Rather the debate is how to divide up the economic returns.

I thought he did. I’ve seen people from the far left upset at him because of it. I’ll see if I can find a link.
He has said it before. He needs to to say it without putting words around it. He needs to make sure people know he said it.

The thread is title that a Biden victory could spell another depression. Remove the could, the people at places like 8-chan WILL be depressed with a Biden win.

I posted a link the other day, no one read it I am sure, that showed there is virtually no difference between Democratic and Republicans when it comes to economic performance. The economy has far too many variables for even the president to do too much. Rather the debate is how to divide up the economic returns.

Biggest con in politics is that the President has any control whatsoever on the economy.

Jay Powell has exponentially more influence than anyone in regards to the federal institutions. Second would be Congress (specifically the Speaker and Senate majority leader, if you want to talk individuals), as they actually set fiscal policy based upon their tax and spending priorities.

Only rubes and sycophants blame/ credit the President. It's political theater for a dumbed- down populace.... something we have an infinite supply of.

Last edited:
Biggest con in politics is that the President has any control whatsoever on the economy.

Jay Powell has exponentially more influence than anyone in regards to the federal institutions. Second would be Congress (specifically the Speaker and Senate majority leader, if you want to talk individuals), as they actually set fiscal policy based upon their tax and spending priorities.

Only rubes and sycophants blame/ credit the President. It's political theater for a dumbed- down populace.... something we have an infinite supply of.
Go ahead and keep supporting these thugs, keep supporting the tearing down and destruction of key historical figures such as Jefferson and Washington!!!!! Keep supporting CHAZ, keep supporting an abundance of arsonists intent on burning down people's businesses!!

You folks are supporting such a bad group of people...Where's the GD Logic in your unwavering support??? You people tore down a statue of GRANT!!! You people obviously missed 8th grade history all together!!

Yeah, the Trump people are the bad guys...Hell no, you people have the left wing news media with the world's loudest and DUMBEST bullhorn brainwashing and stirring the stinkiest pot of horseshit this country's witnessed since 1776!!!!

You are the one basing political opinions on supposed market returns that defy reality.... not me. I'm just pointing out your errors.

And no, market returns are not calculated using addition.

Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for an SP500 investor during the last 3 Presidential terms.

Nov 2008- Oct 2012: 12.24%
Nov 2012- Oct 2016 : 12.99%
Nov 2016- current: 12.64%

Wow... what a drastic new course we are on!

BTW.... to get those returns that mainly all came in 2017 required a one- time juicing of corp profits with a very substantial corporate tax rate cut. Most analysts attribute something in the neighborhood of $20 in extra after tax earnings for the SP500.... which at the current market multiple equates to about 400 points or so on the SP500 index.

I didn't make fun of anyone for their choice of profession. I simply made fun of you for posting very weak facts to support your political viewpoint.
No course needed, I'm very aware that 1% of American's basically control the entire stock market, so giving too much credit to a President is a bit crazy. My point with Obama's increases were he came in during one of the worst financial markets of all time, and he had no place to go but up.

I would wonder what it would be like if the major money makers pulled out of America? What would be our course of action, I mean the government is only as strong financially as its citizens and their businesses since the money they spend is our money.

Finally, I can tell you one thing for certain about my job since you like to guess what I might actually do for the bank. I can tell you in my 25 years of banking not once have I ever worked for a financially poor man, or corporation ran by financially poor men and women.

Go ahead and keep supporting these thugs, keep supporting the tearing down and destruction of key historical figures such as Jefferson and Washington!!!!! Keep supporting CHAZ, keep supporting an abundance of arsonists intent on burning down people's businesses!!

You folks are supporting such a bad group of people...Where's the GD Logic in your unwavering support??? You people tore down a statue of GRANT!!! You people obviously missed 8th grade history all together!!

Yeah, the Trump people are the bad guys...Hell no, you people have the left wing news media with the world's loudest and DUMBEST bullhorn brainwashing and stirring the stinkiest pot of horseshit this country's witnessed since 1776!!!!

And the right-wing soldier who tried to betray his unit? How do you think compares to people tearing down statues? https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/23/army-attack-ethan-melzer-satanic/

Supporting what group of people? I’m not. I’m just voting for Biden over the worst POTUS in history. That’s it.

Reactions: glmiu11

You seem mentally unstable. Honestly. Who the hell is "you people"?

No course needed, I'm very aware that 1% of American's basically control the entire stock market, so giving too much credit to a President is a bit crazy. My point with Obama's increases were he came in during one of the worst financial markets of all time, and he had no place to go but up.

I would wonder what it would be like if the major money makers pulled out of America? What would be our course of action, I mean the government is only as strong financially as its citizens and their businesses since the money they spend is our money.

Finally, I can tell you one thing for certain about my job since you like to guess what I might actually do for the bank. I can tell you in my 25 years of banking not once have I ever worked for a financially poor man, or corporation ran by financially poor men and women.

The "major money makers" pulling out of America is pretty tin-foil hat thinking. Where they going, exactly? Mars? To sell what to whom? Under what legal and institutional systems?

Try to logically walk though what you are saying and you'll see it makes little sense whatsoever. It's a bunch of nonsense hyperbole

There is no doubt that Biden will have a very difficult time. He will be left with a gigantic cleanup and likely will be taking office as another wave of Covid hits. Repercussions of the virus will last for years with even the miracle of both parties working together to attempt to solve the problems. And we all sadly know that won’t happen. And that doesn’t even address the huge divide and racial problems the country is having now.
Wow I sometimes find myself reading your complete doom and gloom posts and wonder why, and then to top it off I waste my time to respond. The one thing you said correctly is that if Biden is elected he will have a very difficult time. He will have a difficult time because he is not mentally capable to run this country. I realize he is the prize you guys won in the nomination process so you have to run with it, but no one in their right mind watches this guy and things he has it all together, age has been a real bitch for Joe.

At least you have laid the ground work for an "if Biden" is elected why he will fail mentality. It must be refreshing to think if my candidate were to win he can't be successful. That is the spirit, beat before we take the field.

Oh and race relations were far worse when I was a kid, a teenager and a young adult than they are now. The biggest difference now is social media and the media in general. If Facebook, twitter and google were around 30 years ago then a NWA song would have already replaced the National Anthem. Note to anyone in office if you continue to put a color in front of man or woman you will always have issues.

The "major money makers" pulling out of America is pretty tin-foil hat thinking. Where they going, exactly? Mars? To sell what to whom? Under what legal and institutional systems?

Try to logically walk though what you are saying and you'll see it makes little sense whatsoever. It's a bunch of nonsense hyperbole
I would assume they would look elsewhere to produce their products. It is a hypothetical, half of what is on this board is pure hypothetical only it works or is valid if it supports ones agenda. I doubt the top 1% will move but I also doubt they will stand back and be decimated by high taxation. The issue is when you try to pull the bottom up by using the top the burden IMO will fall in the middle. Listen my wife works for a family that has net worth of over 600 million and from discussions about this year, they are all in for Trump but not sweating Biden because they know they will be fine.

I would assume they would look elsewhere to produce their products. It is a hypothetical, half of what is on this board is pure hypothetical only it works or is valid if it supports ones agenda. I doubt the top 1% will move but I also doubt they will stand back and be decimated by high taxation. The issue is when you try to pull the bottom up by using the top the burden IMO will fall in the middle. Listen my wife works for a family that has net worth of over 600 million and from discussions about this year, they are all in for Trump but not sweating Biden because they know they will be fine.

Things don't work in a vacuum..... you have to look elsewhere in the world and see a preferable option. The US system is lower taxed with higher protection of property rights than most any developed region on the planet. Sure there are a few small nations that are arguably more dynamic economically, but not many. The customers are here.... as such the businesses providing the goods/ services will be here. And those providing capital to businesses have few to no better options than the US market.

Want to go to Europe? Doubtful. Much higher taxes and regulation. Japan? Nope. China? LMAO..... hard nope... not even really possible due to capital restrictions.

Decimated by taxes is rather ridiculous argument.... considering taxes have been trending lower for 40 years. Instead we just have massive deficits as the country doesn't want to pay the bills for the govt services they demand.

Things don't work in a vacuum..... you have to look elsewhere in the world and see a preferable option. The US system is lower taxed with higher protection of property rights than most any developed region on the planet. Sure there are a few small nations that are arguably more dynamic economically, but not many. The customers are here.... as such the businesses providing the goods/ services will be here. And those providing capital to businesses have few to no better options than the US market.

Want to go to Europe? Doubtful. Much higher taxes and regulation. Japan? Nope. China? LMAO..... hard nope... not even really possible due to capital restrictions.

Decimated by taxes is rather ridiculous argument.... considering taxes have been trending lower for 40 years. Instead we just have massive deficits as the country doesn't want to pay the bills for the govt services they demand.
I'm always amused when they talk about American deficits, I mean who will truly collect or attempt to collect? Most of the debt is owed to ourselves (the biggest portion of debt is owed back to the social security fund). This is why I have never set expectation for myself or my kids to count of SS for our retirement, it is just not going to happen. The only two ways to control that part of the debt is to do one of two things, get individuals off the government tit and get them to work or raise taxes while trying to control the fund better by controlling who is getting what. No one wants the latter, and no administration has been able to control the first.

Wow I sometimes find myself reading your complete doom and gloom posts and wonder why, and then to top it off I waste my time to respond. The one thing you said correctly is that if Biden is elected he will have a very difficult time. He will have a difficult time because he is not mentally capable to run this country. I realize he is the prize you guys won in the nomination process so you have to run with it, but no one in their right mind watches this guy and things he has it all together, age has been a real bitch for Joe.

At least you have laid the ground work for an "if Biden" is elected why he will fail mentality. It must be refreshing to think if my candidate were to win he can't be successful. That is the spirit, beat before we take the field.

Oh and race relations were far worse when I was a kid, a teenager and a young adult than they are now. The biggest difference now is social media and the media in general. If Facebook, twitter and google were around 30 years ago then a NWA song would have already replaced the National Anthem. Note to anyone in office if you continue to put a color in front of man or woman you will always have issues.
A failed Biden presidency will be better than this "successful" T.rump one. Hands down.

I'm always amused when they talk about American deficits, I mean who will truly collect or attempt to collect? Most of the debt is owed to ourselves (the biggest portion of debt is owed back to the social security fund). This is why I have never set expectation for myself or my kids to count of SS for our retirement, it is just not going to happen. The only two ways to control that part of the debt is to do one of two things, get individuals off the government tit and get them to work or raise taxes while trying to control the fund better by controlling who is getting what. No one wants the latter, and no administration has been able to control the first.

Deficits. Something the right no longer cares about.

So the excuses for why Biden can't succeed are out there before the loser gets elected. If the task is to much for this weak guy to overcome then why vote for him. These 2 political parties need to be removed from american politics.

So the excuses for why Biden can't succeed are out there before the loser gets elected. If the task is to much for this weak guy to overcome then why vote for him. These 2 political parties need to be removed from american politics.

Right now the threat and number one priority is to get the wannabe authoritarian out of office.

Biden is the least offensive candidate.

Biden is overwhelmingly the favorite of African American voters who are a sleeping giant voting block that typically don't turn out in full.

Back in January Trump was a much bigger threat but after he's completely botched two crisises, the world is finally seeing his incompetence.

Everyone knows he's corrupt to the core but as long as things were humming along a lot of people were fine looking the other way.

His litmus test was this year. Had he handled them with any kind of success he would undoubtedly be the favorite...but he botched both of them and now he's hoping that they just fade away.

So again, Biden is the least offensive and is most likely a one term candidate.

Voting democrats were extremely worried about Bernie being labeled a commie or Pete being gay and inexperienced.

Basically every leading candidate was a risk because they were going to be a first. First democratic socialist, first gay, first woman etc.

That can be easily weaponized.

Biden is the safe, non offensive choice. He's white, old, male, moderate that the black community supports because he was a great and loyal VP to Obama.

His biggest faults are he's not elegant, gaffe prone and is old as hell...which is hard to weaponize when Trump is also not elegant, gaffe prone and old as hell.

Democrats believe Biden will surround himself with better people and will actually listen to them.

Biden has one job, beat Trump.

It's looking good so far.

Here’s why you vote for him:

“When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don’t use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We’ve never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.

“It’s just astonishing that this man is President of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he’s the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he’s brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on a truly epic scale. And let’s be clear. This isn’t happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you’re the most likely to die from this disease. We’re the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk”.

That’s the excerpt of a recent interview with Steve Schmidt, lifelong Republican operative and campaign manager of John McCain. It’s a little short on nuance, but speaks the truth.

Since the Republican Party only has two issues to justify their existence: tax cuts for the wealthy and voter suppression, feel free to do away with that political party since Trump has perverted what it once stood for. They have no interest in governing anyway, just the acquisition and retention of power. If you think it’s a good thing that Trump destroyed the Republican brand and would also like to see the Democrat party done away with, then you’re arguing for a Trump dictatorship and I would ask you to reread Schmidt’s interview above. If we are to have a dictatorship in this country, FFS, at least install someone with a brain, a sense of history, a sense of global responsibility, and a bit of emotional intelligence. Otherwise, let’s just plod along and choose between the two parties. It worked fairly well until 2016.

Right now the threat and number one priority is to get the wannabe authoritarian out of office.

Biden is the least offensive candidate.

Biden is overwhelmingly the favorite of African American voters who are a sleeping giant voting block that typically don't turn out in full.

Back in January Trump was a much bigger threat but after he's completely botched two crisises, the world is finally seeing his incompetence.

Everyone knows he's corrupt to the core but as long as things were humming along a lot of people were fine looking the other way.

His litmus test was this year. Had he handled them with any kind of success he would undoubtedly be the favorite...but he botched both of them and now he's hoping that they just fade away.

So again, Biden is the least offensive and is most likely a one term candidate.

Voting democrats were extremely worried about Bernie being labeled a commie or Pete being gay and inexperienced.

Basically every leading candidate was a risk because they were going to be a first. First democratic socialist, first gay, first woman etc.

That can be easily weaponized.

Biden is the safe, non offensive choice. He's white, old, male, moderate that the black community supports because he was a great and loyal VP to Obama.

His biggest faults are he's not elegant, gaffe prone and is old as hell...which is hard to weaponize when Trump is also not elegant, gaffe prone and old as hell.

Democrats believe Biden will surround himself with better people and will actually listen to them.

Biden has one job, beat Trump.

It's looking good so far.

Donald J Trump is the end product of the last 40 years of republican party politics. This is the type of person republicanism was eventually leading to. We’re just lucky the person ended up being a goddamn moron. Imagine someone with Trump’s character traits, only competent.

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT