ADVERTISEMENT

A Biden presidency could spell another depression

I can't believe you folks think Obama was good. He was probably the worst president in 100 years. I'm self-employed and I can attest that my little ole business has done really well under Trump...And that's with moving to a place I didn't know anyone/relocating in October of 2016!!!

When I look at it from that perspective, Trump has really earned my vote!!!!
Yeah, we should base the entire country's economic policy based on what's good for you . . .

. . . that's what you and TDH have in common; you can't see past yourselves. Mini-narcissists supporting a mega-narcissist . . . that's just what this country's founding fathers and principles were like. dws

This is the perception that the Republican party as a whole is getting branded by its unconditional support of Trump.

Remember when Republicans were known as shrewd, intelligent but cold titans of capitalism?

Trump has now made the republican brand synonymous with barely educated, evangelical booger eating morons.

Have a laugh at this on the ground reporter at a Trump rally.

9 of 10 in that crowd are overweight. The man titties are as big as the women's and what's with the hair? Do they cut their own hair or something? It's no wonder they hate sex. Ewwwwwwwwww!

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
More deflections, as I predicted.
If you say so, I get my perspective from real people who tell me their stories. I get my opinion from speaking daily to hard working men and women who tell me and show me how life has been better. I get my opinion from retired individuals who through the past 4 years have continued to live a comfortable life and even done more in retirement than they imagined. I deal with all levels of individuals daily it is one of the more interesting things I do, and after 25 years I’ve learned to listen and see what is before me. Until Covid 19 their wasn’t much unrest around the people I see and get the pleasure of being around. So do you need more deflections since I realize that is all you got and will probably be your strong come back.

So in the lingo any red blooded 8th grader in America can understand EAD

Yeah, we should base the entire country's economic policy based on what's good for you . . .

. . . that's what you and TDH have in common; you can't see past yourselves. Mini-narcissists supporting a mega-narcissist . . . that's just what this country's founding fathers and principles were like. dws
If you only knew what td75 and I have in common. Lol

I have a question is anyone who first takes care of himself and his own a narcissist? Liberals throw that title around so much it has truly lost it luster.

I’m for helping my fellow man as long as he strives to help himself/herself. Hey but I wouldn’t expect you to give that any credit since it’s coming from the dumbest banker you have ever ran across in your 40 years of dealings. Lol

Can I ask you why you keep responding to the posts in this thread? Just can’t stay away, just want to keep calling names, trying to make others look bad to many they could care less about? I’m just curious, don’t get me wrong it has been fun watching some of you get all tied in knots I just can’t understand why you do it?

Reactions: td75
Welcome back. Feeling better?

Repeat, sorry SPG, there's just not as much as I expected ...

TWSS ..
AggravatingWaryBernesemountaindog-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
If you say so, I get my perspective from real people who tell me their stories. I get my opinion from speaking daily to hard working men and women who tell me and show me how life has been better. I get my opinion from retired individuals who through the past 4 years have continued to live a comfortable life and even done more in retirement than they imagined. I deal with all levels of individuals daily it is one of the more interesting things I do, and after 25 years I’ve learned to listen and see what is before me. Until Covid 19 their wasn’t much unrest around the people I see and get the pleasure of being around. So do you need more deflections since I realize that is all you got and will probably be your strong come back.

These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West. You know... morons.

Reactions: outside shooter
I can't believe you folks think Obama was good. He was probably the worst president in 100 years. I'm self-employed and I can attest that my little ole business has done really well under Trump...And that's with moving to a place I didn't know anyone/relocating in October of 2016!!!

When I look at it from that perspective, Trump has really earned my vote!!!!
You want brief about Obama? Quit being difficult and Google his job growth, wage growth, and market returns over his presidency. It should take no more than 5 minutes. Then report back.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Atta boy......

In the future, maybe lay off the 5 buck huck a little.

You may last a little longer.

You're overcompensating, Bro.. and it's obvious ... Face your weakness like a man, well, half a man, but you get what I mean.

the more you try to argue the smaller it appears .. Freud wrote all about you.

lol ............

%7B0858354D-183F-45FD-BCBE-B57A446BEDAF%7D05-Does-Size-Matter-Woman-small-hand-gesture.jpg

Last edited:

The market went up more from 2012-2016, than it has during the last 3.5 years. For a supposed banker, you really suck at basic finance. Guessing you are just a sales jockey (relationship banker or mortgage originator? ), and someone else does the actual real math.

In objective reality there are facts and and data and evidence. Some of that sort of reality is easily available at a place called the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, which runs FRED. This enables anyone to chart fundamental macroeconomic indicators like gross domestic product and see objectively how the economy has in fact performed.

fredgraph.png

As the data show, the economy cratered in 2007-2009, but had been steadily growing since 2010, until the economy cratered again under the pandemic. Do you see how the Trump rocket ship changed everything? Right. Me, neither.

This is the perception that the Republican party as a whole is getting branded by its unconditional support of Trump.

Remember when Republicans were known as shrewd, intelligent but cold titans of capitalism?

Trump has now made the republican brand synonymous with barely educated, evangelical booger eating morons.

That’s classic. I hadn’t seen that before and it made me laugh. I get the same kind of entertainment reading some posters on this board, as they could easily be someone in that video. There’s something strangely hilarious about people that are complete morons, but are very confident they’re not.

The market went up more from 2012-2016, than it has during the last 3.5 years. For a supposed banker, you really suck at basic finance. Guessing you are just a sales jockey (relationship banker or mortgage originator? ), and someone else does the actual real math.
What part of your vast financial knowledge allowed you to break down the market by the complex method of addition? What was the market off from 2008-2012, sometime big gains look good making up significant loses.

For the record I’m neither of what you think, but I know some really great people who do both who live a very comfortable life and definitely don’t go on message boards making fun of others for their choice of profession. I’m glad you have a really high opinion of yourself and feel it looks good on you to downgrade those with jobs you deem less than important. You feel like a real tough guy behind that keyboard right? Lol

In objective reality there are facts and and data and evidence. Some of that sort of reality is easily available at a place called the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, which runs FRED. This enables anyone to chart fundamental macroeconomic indicators like gross domestic product and see objectively how the economy has in fact performed.

fredgraph.png

As the data show, the economy cratered in 2007-2009, but had been steadily growing since 2010, until the economy cratered again under the pandemic. Do you see how the Trump rocket ship changed everything? Right. Me, neither.
In 2009-[end of Obama], the GOP did exactly nothing to revive the economy. The GOP opposed everything, because if things got better that would help Democrats. So Republicans waged a campaign of implacable resistance against textbook macro. Stupid, but opportunistically unprincipled, and therefore advantageous, because Republicans.

Fast forward to today, and elected Democrats aren't trying to kneecap Trump by screwing Americans. Instead they're lining up to aid Americans in historic ways, even though this benefits Trump politically. Democrats provide all the energy for big relief packages, and Republicans treat proposals that help everyone as concessions that Democrats will have to pay for.

The GOP is not a governing party.

What part of your vast financial knowledge allowed you to break down the market by the complex method of addition? What was the market off from 2008-2012, sometime big gains look good making up significant loses.

For the record I’m neither of what you think, but I know some really great people who do both who live a very comfortable life and definitely don’t go on message boards making fun of others for their choice of profession. I’m glad you have a really high opinion of yourself and feel it looks good on you to downgrade those with jobs you deem less than important. You feel like a real tough guy behind that keyboard right? Lol

You are the one basing political opinions on supposed market returns that defy reality.... not me. I'm just pointing out your errors.

And no, market returns are not calculated using addition.

Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for an SP500 investor during the last 3 Presidential terms.

Nov 2008- Oct 2012: 12.24%
Nov 2012- Oct 2016 : 12.99%
Nov 2016- current: 12.64%

Wow... what a drastic new course we are on!

BTW.... to get those returns that mainly all came in 2017 required a one- time juicing of corp profits with a very substantial corporate tax rate cut. Most analysts attribute something in the neighborhood of $20 in extra after tax earnings for the SP500.... which at the current market multiple equates to about 400 points or so on the SP500 index.

I didn't make fun of anyone for their choice of profession. I simply made fun of you for posting very weak facts to support your political viewpoint.

He botched Covid. Covid is the biggest issue we face. He has to go.
China and the WHO botched COVID.

No body could have done a better job with the crap hand that was dealt by those two. I get it does not fit your emotional narrative. The early predictions on fatalities were far greater than what we have achieved.

Can you not look at GDP growth, wage growth, and stock market returns for the last 35 years? All EASILY searched. The fact you are trying to sell that only good things happened under Trump is a pure lie.

Trump inherited a great situation from Obama. That is a fact.
Lol. 8 years of stagnation. The market started growing a day after Trump was elected.

Before Covid Trump boosted the 1%er economy with the biggest 3-year stimulus in the history of the world.

Then he not only botched covid but is continuing by double-, triple-, and quadrupling down on his ignorance.

He set back the environment decades.

He set back our diplomacy decades.

He has continually undermined our strength as the world’s sole superpower, thus nerfing our greatness.

Trump’s singular accomplishment is to be so repugnantly ignorant, racist, and sexist, among other idiocies that the US is finally changing for the better in those regards.

Trump’s minor accomplishment is to gather the likes of you into one camp for the rest of us to see and recognize.
Allot of BS claims not supported by any facts. You sound like the kind of person that might be happier in a chop zone or pulling down a statue. When Obama got done with the apology tour we got shit on by everyone including Iran after we gave them 150 billion in gold. Your CNN talking points are why their ratings are in the toilet.

Are you incapable of looking 5 posts above yours? Twenty quantified market performance for each of Obama's terms, as well as Trump's.

Trump voters are impervious to all facts.

Lol. 8 years of stagnation. The market started growing a day after Trump was elected.

Reactions: UncleMark
Obama DID do better. We'll find out when Biden wins, and Hillary surely would have cruised to re-election this fall. Impeached President Trump is THAT bad. Even with the tail winds he had, he still managed to f*ck everything up.

Trump is not a successful businessman. He's a con artist.

Ok, who do you think could have done better Obama, Biden, Hillary?

Reactions: T.M.P.
China and the WHO botched COVID.

No body could have done a better job with the crap hand that was dealt by those two. I get it does not fit your emotional narrative. The early predictions on fatalities were far greater than what we have achieved.

See the post immediately above your post. That would be post number 99.
Please, please, please be a Purdue grad.

I don't know if Biden will produce a depression, but I have noticed that a substantial amount of Biden support comes from those in the safe harbor of government, academia, or other safe employment, or are of substantial wealth.
I do believe Joe is waaaay right of the mainstream Dem of the day. I’d say he’s way right of most reading this post right now. Now, would he govern from an authentic position? Doubt it.

But, also doubt we’ll ever know the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT