ADVERTISEMENT

9 conference teams still playing

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
It’s a slow day,any guesses on how the conference fares?
Without going game by game I say 3-6 with wins from Penn St,Ohio St and Northwestern.

Last edited:
The Big Ten was really, really down this year. As bad as I’ve seen it in decades. I’d say 3-7 or so is about right.

Reactions: CC Mac
It’s a slow day,any guesses on how the conference fares?
Without going game by game I say 3-7 with wins from Penn St,Ohio St and Northwestern.

Only 9....IU, Neb, RU, MD,and ILL out.

I'd agree with the 3 you site....I would think they'd be favored.

Without studying it, I'd list MN/GT & MSU/Oregon as pick ems

You would expect Iowa to lose to Miss St. & Wisky to lose to Miami, but those 2 staffs do a good job in bowl games, so they're not lost causes.

It would seem to me the least likely to win is Michigan v. Florida. I have the feeling that could be a rout. I can't imagine their players being highly motivated. I would say the 2nd least likely to win is Purdue v. Auburn. That could also be a rout, but PU will be highly motivated, so maybe they keep it close. If they could get the game into the 4th quarter close, they'd probably have the advantage.

Edit: After looking at GT and Oregon's schedule, I'll switch MN to the probable loss column....still think MSU is a toss-up. I think Oregon's a little better, but I think Dantonio will have MSU ready to play after a somewhat disappointing season.

Last edited:
Only 9....IU, Neb, RU, MD,and ILL out.

I'd agree with the 3 you site....I would think they'd be favored.

Without studying it, I'd list MN/GT & MSU/Oregon as pick ems

You would expect Iowa to lose to Miss St. & Wisky to lose to Miami, but those 2 staffs do a good job in bowl games, so they're not lost causes.

It would seem to me the least likely to win is Michigan v. Florida. I have the feeling that could be a rout. I can't imagine their players being highly motivated. I would say the 2nd least likely to win is Purdue v. Auburn. That could also be a rout, but PU will be highly motivated, so maybe they keep it close. If they could get the game into the 4th quarter close, they'd probably have the advantage.
I stand corrected,I read somewhere there were 10 teams,I should counted I guess.
Therefore I say 3-6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT