ADVERTISEMENT

8 Weeks from today

IMG_8311.png

We open the season at the Rock vs OSU, under the lights.

Big questions for me lie with the offense:
-How well will O-Line do for pass protection & opening up running lanes?
-What RB (or RB's) will step up and stand out to be next strong IU RB?
-Will Lagow have better discipline & decision making?
-Will new OC DeBoard call a good game, mix things up and not revert to the screen passes & hand offs that go nowhere as we've seen so often in years past. The third and longs or three & out situations.

I'm very confident in the WR's & TEs skill sets.

I also think the IU Defense is going to take another step up, given all the returning talent & Coach Allen oversight.

IU seemingly will be able to redshirt many FR this year (good thing) and only need or want to play the best of the class who rise into the playing rotation based on their abilities to simply break into the lineup right away.

I believe it is the offense, post Coach Wilson era, that will need to produce this year for IU to be competitive. To me, it starts with "the hogs" on the OL. If they can do their thing on protection, IU should have enough skill players to then make things happen.

Here's to a great year, starting with the big Thursday Night Opener!

Ha ha I know. I'm so desperate for the season to start, and so badly want to play Kentucky.
I would take that matchup in a heartbeat if we don't go to the Rose Bowl of course :)
That would be a lot of fun, especially being in close proximity to both schools, count me in.

Reactions: YOTHN and RBB89

That's incredible. That essentially means they project IU to finish in the top 4 of the B1G and around 9 wins. I say that because 6 of the top 7 teams in the B1G finished with 9 or more wins last year. Which I get, most teams wouldn't be all that geek'd up about but I never lose sight of our past. It shows you the raised expectations. I remember for most of my life opening up preseason predictions and always knowing IU will have nothing in them. I'd take this bowl in a heart beat.

EDIT: I didn't see that they do have the conference finish projections. They have us at 7-5. Not too sure I understand the bowl placement unless they just want a new face in the game.

Can I get a chat link? Sorry, just gettin the rust off for when the time comes.
Looks like we'll have to set up a new one.

http://www.chatzy.com/53586776062961

"Also, chat rooms not used for 14 days are considered outdated and deleted automatically."

We'll get it set up when the time comes. Surely it's someones passion. It will be awesome. Maybe even elite.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT