ADVERTISEMENT

8-4

That game aged me greatly. It certainly shouldn't have been that way considering we had an 18 point lead very late in thr 3rd quarter!!!

Great win but believe me, some LOUSY coaching.

According to the ugliest student body in the NCAA, IU sucks. What does that make the PUkes?

I'll tell you what--for only doing that cheer once per year when playing IU, I thought it was done with amazing coordination and fervor.

That game aged me greatly. It certainly shouldn't have been that way considering we had an 18 point lead very late in thr 3rd quarter!!!

Great win but believe me, some LOUSY coaching.

If our kicker doesn’t suddenly channel the spirit of one Adam Vinatieri today....this one ain’t that close. Kicking off of the remnants of the pig trough needs a little work.

If our kicker doesn’t suddenly channel the spirit of one Adam Vinatieri today....this one ain’t that close. Kicking off of the remnants of the pig trough needs a little work.
No kidding. Justis has been one of the best kickers in college football and he had his worse game. It shouldn't have gone to OT, but it did, and IU found a way to win. That's what good teams do.

Pukes are right about one thing though. We have only beaten crappy teams this year. 8 of them to be precise. Including them. See everybody at the Bowl game.
I’ll say this again:

Many teams in many, many conferences beat the teams below them. How the hell does any team get the record they do? It’s about beating teams with losing records

And, the BigTen is a better conference than most top to bottom. Have you looked at the PAC 12? Lord have mercy.

I’ll say this again:

Many teams in many, many conferences beat the teams below them. How the hell does any team get the record they do? It’s about beating teams with losing records

And, the BigTen is a better conference than most top to bottom. Have you looked at the PAC 12? Lord have mercy.

Yep, This was a very “Iowa” season. Iowa occasionally throws in a really big win to their 7-9 win seasons, although it’s usually comes along with a truly awful loss.

Pukes are right about one thing though. We have only beaten crappy teams this year. 8 of them to be precise. Including them. See everybody at the Bowl game.
You know, you should ask yourself if Clemson belongs in the playoff over an SEC team. Like a lot of people on here, they say Clemson belongs because they are defending champs, undefeated, and they play who is in front of them. Well, if they get a break for beating everyone who is no one, why shouldn’t IU?

we have some issues with defense that appeared to be fixed but have reared its head again over the past three games. We aren’t Clemson nor am I saying we are. We should be proud of these guys and what they accomplished.

I’m focused on the 8 games we won not the 4 we lost.

Say what you will. These kids...these coaches...found a way to do it.

Amen. The last time this team won 8 and the Bucket was 26 years ago...and we eff'ed up and fired that guy. And we've been looking for someone to bring that level of success ever since. If this is the best I can hope for...winning 7-9 games, win the Bucket every other year, get a bowl invite...then I am all in.

Tom Allen is young enough that if he can bring the type of success Coach Mallory had during his middle 9 years of his 13 here, where he went 60-42-3, I would be ecstatic.

We are learning to win. Heck, we could and probably should be sitting at 10-2 right now.

I'm optimistic for the future with this group.

Florida Bowl would be huge for us.

Reactions: ESalum86
I’ll say this again:

You are correct, most teams beat the teams underneath them in conference. Nobody apologizes for that either!!

I recently looked at the Big Ten standings from the 1970s and learned that most years, at best, had three teams with winning records. Typically it was ALWAYS MI and OSU, then it was a random team with a 6-5 record. Occasionally there were four teams with winning records. What that means is that mighty Michigan and big dick Ohio State were beating up on 4-7 Iowa and 4-7 Minnesota, along with a boatload of other sub .500 clubs.

Hell, these are games that Indiana has generally lost throughout the last few generations. Enjoy it, next year will be better!!!

We are learning to win. Heck, we could and probably should be sitting at 10-2 right now.

I'm optimistic for the future with this group.

Florida Bowl would be huge for us.

I’ve been thinking recently that had the dates of the MSU and Mich games been swapped, we very likely may have won both, which gets us to 10-2 even without the woulda/coulda/shoulda thoughts with the PSU game

Reactions: muubell
You are correct, most teams beat the teams underneath them in conference. Nobody apologizes for that either!!

I recently looked at the Big Ten standings from the 1970s and learned that most years, at best, had three teams with winning records. Typically it was ALWAYS MI and OSU, then it was a random team with a 6-5 record. Occasionally there were four teams with winning records. What that means is that mighty Michigan and big dick Ohio State were beating up on 4-7 Iowa and 4-7 Minnesota, along with a boatload of other sub .500 clubs.

Hell, these are games that Indiana has generally lost throughout the last few generations. Enjoy it, next year will be better!!!

Ahh.....the decades of the Big 2, Little 8. It was exactly as you say. It was penciled in as Mich-OSU for the Rose Bowl every year. Maybe 1 other bowl invite and that was it.

There were seasons CONSECUTIVELY where we didn’t play Mich or OSU at home. The home and home didn’t exist for teams underneath them or you might play Michigan or OSU at their place 3-4 years in a row. It was atrocious. About as slimy as Delany himself before he even took over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT