ADVERTISEMENT

@76-1, What about a Spring Game scrimmage vs an FCS team?

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
As as a variable to your LOS option?

Will it be expensive? Yes.

Will it be worth it? Hell yes!

It won't get rained out. Players will really benefit from playing a game against another real team. The bball team does it every year in the preseason.

Injuries may happen, but the can also happen during practice.

What do you say??

As as a variable to your LOS option?

Will it be expensive? Yes.

Will it be worth it? Hell yes!

It won't get rained out. Players will really benefit from playing a game against another real team. The bball team does it every year in the preseason.

Injuries may happen, but the can also happen during practice.

What do you say??

Is it NCAA legal?

I think they allowed some team scrimmages last year but I haven't heard of anyone being allowed to do this...

Is it NCAA legal?

I think they allowed some team scrimmages last year but I haven't heard of anyone being allowed to do this...
My first thought was that there must be some NCAA rule violation in here somewhere. And you can be assured that if we even get within a football fields length of a violation the NCAA will throw the book at us because we aren't essential to their existence and a money making machine within the scope of their Football Playoff System. We will become the example while teams like Clemson, Alabama , Ohio State, and Michigan will be allowed to do anything they want without any ramifications because they make money for the NCAA. In fact one of these schools may decide to take their team on an Exhibition Tour of Europe. Oh wait, didn't Michigan already do this without any penalties, and barely a slap on the wrist?

Reactions: td75
Impermissible under current NCAA regulations.

Besides, only 3 of the 15 spring practice periods are allowed to be devoted to 11 on 11 live contact (with tackling). If you think IU benefits from playing a FCS roster instead of its own FBS talent has n the other side of the ball, then that’s a massive indictment of TA’s recruiting.

This would also open a massive “Pandora’s box” about geographic inequalities. If IU were to contract with Indians Stafe or Southern Illinois, (a bus ride, perhaps even without an overnight stay), who is going to subsidize teams to play most of the Pac-12 and Hawaii?

The pressure to “win” would be enormous. What would a spring game loss dontobtocket sales? Or a squeaked our win? That pressure means the temptation to put lots of things on film from the playbook.

Want to put butts in the seats? Finish September 5-0. Everything else gets in to “Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown” territory.

Reactions: 76-1
Impermissible under current NCAA regulations.

Besides, only 3 of the 15 spring practice periods are allowed to be devoted to 11 on 11 live contact (with tackling). If you think IU benefits from playing a FCS roster instead of its own FBS talent has n the other side of the ball, then that’s a massive indictment of TA’s recruiting.

This would also open a massive “Pandora’s box” about geographic inequalities. If IU were to contract with Indians Stafe or Southern Illinois, (a bus ride, perhaps even without an overnight stay), who is going to subsidize teams to play most of the Pac-12 and Hawaii?

The pressure to “win” would be enormous. What would a spring game loss dontobtocket sales? Or a squeaked our win? That pressure means the temptation to put lots of things on film from the playbook.

Want to put butts in the seats? Finish September 5-0. Everything else gets in to “Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown” territory.
You are right. Scrimmages are not permissible by NCAA rules.

However, I disagree that it would not be beneficial to play an FCS team. If that logic is true, why do we schedule an FCS team in noncon almost every year? Just for a W? I you are right, why don't we schedule 2 or more P5 nonconference games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT