ADVERTISEMENT

7 yr / 70 million - No

It is really very simple. Start a thread and invite them to join you in it. That way you and your friend don’t ruin every thread on this miserable board.
I’ve called him on all of the lies, which were easily proved as falsehoods from him. The posting standards here permit clowns like him, but it’s clear he’s not connected on any meaningful way to IU, nor is he concerned with accurate or honest posting. There’s a reason a quick review of his offerings here reveal almost nothing in the way of IU basketball topics. He simply can’t contribute in that manner, for obvious reasons. When he made up stuff about Glass and Crean and I busted him, he became embarrassed and enraged. The stalking and false claims only accelerated after that. Strange, desperate dude. He knows what he needs to do here.

Last edited:
I've been luke warm on Dolson (I was scratching my head on CTA hire...thinking that the best available college FB coach could not be on our staff)...but this has the "innovation" and "culture" feel...the primordial soup that may yield a big bang.
Huh? Dolson didn't hire CTA.

Dolson should have made that offer to Mark Few or Scott Drew. Instead we got Mike Woodson.
When are you going to understand that Few, Drew, Beard and (insert name here) weren't riding to the rescue of IU basketball? Not for 7 million a year, not for 10 million a year!

After the disasters of the last 20 years, we are a program in rebuild mode, and no coach making a comfortable 3-5 million a year at a winning program is gonna put his reputation on the line to come to the boonies of Indiana and face a rabid fanbase looking for an instant turnaround.

Yeah, you are one of them.

Be glad you've got a head coach (and three assistants) who give a damn about the state of the program, and an AD willing to face reality and make some bold moves.

Looking forward to my annual trip to Assembly Hall with my brother, and don't expect to see IU blown out in a coach's first game like I did four years ago.

Bravo Dolson!

Reactions: 76-1

once someone has so much money that any increase of riches will have exactly zero effect on their life, money no longer need enter into their decision making process.

that said, there are others already with more money than they can ever spend, to whom wealth accumulation is like their golf or bowling score, something to aspire towards non stop irrespective of it's total absence in having any effect on their standard of living or security.

That was a comedy not a documentary

sometimes it's a really thin line.

idiocracy-luke-wilson-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Stevens said NO to an incredible offer from IU.... Let all the "Uhhh... Uhhh... we need... Uhhhh... BS as our... Uhhhh... coach because me and the... Uhhhh... guys down at the pub said... Uhhhh... so..." talk STOP NOW! We got our coach who WANTS to be here... so shut up!

Those criticizing Stevens are clowns. He handled the whole situation as a professional with class.

IU approached him. He listened. He ultimately decided to say no. The timing didn’t align. And he did it with class.

Those criticizing Stevens are clowns. He handled the whole situation as a professional with class.

IU approached him. He listened. He ultimately decided to say no. The timing didn’t align. And he did it with class.
There are two ways to look at this.

1) I am encouraged that IU is willing to throw out this much money.
2) How bad is it, that you over double one's salary and they turn you down.

# 1 makes me warm & fuzzy, #2 not so much.

Reactions: IUgradman
There are two ways to look at this.

1) I am encouraged that IU is willing to throw out this much money.
2) How bad is it, that you over double one's salary and they turn you down.

# 1 makes me warm & fuzzy, #2 not so much.

Very close to tripling.

Most of what you post here makes me want to kick you in the balls, but you are dead right about this. Brad Stevens is an honorable and honest guy. The fact that he even engaged in discussions with Dolson and team about the IU job was a courtesy that confirms his affinity for IU. It wasn't a case of him "leading us on" or toying with the fans for his own ego. We asked him to listen, he did, and he said he wasn't interested. He was serious about how much he hated recruiting - I heard him say it with my own ears in a private conversation. He is already a rich man, well set for the rest of his life, and not motivated by either more money or the ego boost of being the highest paid coach. He may choose to someday return to coaching college basketball, but if he does (and that's a huge if), it won't be because the "right school" - i.e. Duke or some other "non IU" school - came calling. It will be because he misses the game at that level or has grown tired of the NBA. That day has not come yet and may never - and that is why he said "no".

And BTW, he would have been worth every penny. He is a phenomenal basketball coach. The fact that some entitled posters here turned vicious because of their butt-hurt at being rejected doesn't change that in the slightest.

Stevens said NO to an incredible offer from IU.... Let all the "Uhhh... Uhhh... we need... Uhhhh... BS as our... Uhhhh... coach because me and the... Uhhhh... guys down at the pub said... Uhhhh... so..." talk STOP NOW! We got our coach who WANTS to be here... so shut up!
He didn't want to be here, and we got three who do.

Reactions: 76-1 and Al Bino
While at the same time saying how special the state of Indiana and IU basketball was to him which was OBVIOUSLY bullshit. He turned down $10 mil a year. He thinks we’re a bunch of rubes that he can pacify by mouthing the “right” things so people will still like him when he comes back to visit. **** him. He’s not one of us and he’s not welcome here anymore, in my opinion.
I don’t get all the anger, and butthurtedness... he prefers the pro game. I think he listened to and considered the offer. Everyone talks about conviction and doing what is important to you and u like. Seems like that’s the decision he made. I don’t think it reflects poorly on him or IU.

I don’t get all the anger, and butthurtedness... he prefers the pro game. I think he listened to and considered the offer. Everyone talks about conviction and doing what is important to you and u like. Seems like that’s the decision he made. I don’t think it reflects poorly on him or IU.
I think the issue with Brad is while he may prefer the pro game, I don't know if it prefers him. He accomplished great things in college, not so much in the NBA. I'm honestly surprised he has lasted this long with Boston. He very well may end up washing out as an NBA head coach and end up as an unknown NBA assistant somewhere.

The IU job made a lot of sense for Stevens: it is home, the sky is the limit, he could become a college coaching legend, he would be the biggest guy in the state, pay raise, etc. If he doesn't think it is right for him, so be it. If Stevens never comes back to the college game, even if it isn't IU, I can't help but feel that coaching talent is being wasted on the wrong person.

I think the issue with Brad is while he may prefer the pro game, I don't know if it prefers him. He accomplished great things in college, not so much in the NBA. I'm honestly surprised he has lasted this long with Boston. He very well may end up washing out as an NBA head coach and end up as an unknown NBA assistant somewhere.

The IU job made a lot of sense for Stevens: it is home, the sky is the limit, he could become a college coaching legend, he would be the biggest guy in the state, pay raise, etc. If he doesn't think it is right for him, so be it. If Stevens never comes back to the college game, even if it isn't IU, I can't help but feel that coaching talent is being wasted on the wrong person.
Consider as a comparison a guy like Chuck Daly. Very successful college coach at Penn, took an Ivy League school to the final four before heading for the NBA. Had his ups and downs through a long NBA career, but won 2 titles with Isaiah and the "Bad Boy" Pistons. I doubt he regretted leaving the college game, even though he struggled with a mediocre record before finding big NBA success. He never fell into the category of "unknown assistant" and basketball people never doubted his coaching ability.

Brad Stevens has a long time to make his mark in the NBA. It takes the right fit of players, and a lot of other people have a hand in assembling a winning NBA team. If I had to guess, I'd say Stevens will have a long, successful career as an NBA head coach and likely even win a title someday.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Consider as a comparison a guy like Chuck Daly. Very successful college coach at Penn, took an Ivy League school to the final four before heading for the NBA. Had his ups and downs through a long NBA career, but won 2 titles with Isaiah and the "Bad Boy" Pistons. I doubt he regretted leaving the college game, even though he struggled with a mediocre record before finding big NBA success. He never fell into the category of "unknown assistant" and basketball people never doubted his coaching ability.

Brad Stevens has a long time to make his mark in the NBA. It takes the right fit of players, and a lot of other people have a hand in assembling a winning NBA team. If I had to guess, I'd say Stevens will have a long, successful career as an NBA head coach and likely even win a title someday.
Chuck had Isiah Thomas and coached the Pistons for as long as Brad has coached the Celtics. I'll bet you can't name where Daly coached after the Pistons. Stevens has a long, long ways to go before he has the Bad Boy Pistons roster and achieves what Daly has.

I'll admit, whether you have LeBron or Jordan is the biggest factor to getting to the NBA Finals and winning titles in the NBA.

My guess is this little nugget of news was leaked by Ainge (along with input from BS's wife/agent) to take the heat off both he and our former hero when the inevitable Splat in the Eastern Playoffs occurrs ...

Just lettin the rube Celts fans know how greatful they should be just to have him/them..., ya know...😉

Why would this even be a topic of interest multiple weeks After our hire...???

Good Luck and Good Riddance to the self proclaimed Masshole...

I believe INDIANA came out on the Winning end of this one...

My guess is this little nugget of news was leaked by Ainge (along with input from BS's wife/agent) to take the heat off both he and our former hero when the inevitable Splat in the Eastern Playoffs occurrs ...

Just lettin the rube Celts fans know how greatful they should be just to have him/them..., ya know...😉

Talked to Danny at the MGM as he was watching a tourney and I was gambling on it. He gave me the time of day and was real nice for 10-15 seconds. Then I showed him my IU shirt, and asked about if he would ever let Brad come home. Vibe totally he changed. He looked me dead in the eye and said "Brad will never coach at IU, never." That was the end of the conversation.

Talked to Danny at the MGM as he was watching a tourney and I was gambling on it. He gave me the time of day and was real nice for 10-15 seconds. Then I showed him my IU shirt, and asked about if he would ever let Brad come home. Vibe totally he changed. He looked me dead in the eye and said "Brad will never coach at IU, never." That was the end of the conversation.

This years tournament?

What's in the Tweet...??? All I am ever able to see on here is the bluebird logo...

This years tournament?

What's in the Tweet...??? All I am ever able to see on here is the bluebird logo...

No a tourney held in Vegas in 2014. Just a pic of Danny I took as he is reading a stat sheet at the game.

Oh and do you have a twitter account? If you do, log in on your web browser, and it should allow you to see them. If you don't have twitter, it is probably the reason you cant see them.

No a tourney held in Vegas in 2014. Just a pic of Danny I took as he is reading a stat sheet at the game.

Oh and do you have a twitter account? If you do, log in on your web browser, and it should allow you to see them. If you don't have twitter, it is probably the reason you cant see them.
Thanks

Reactions: Cavanagh.13

This all came from Indiana, not Boston. Zero reason for DA to leak anything, especially when he wouldn’t have known about it.

Chuck had Isiah Thomas and coached the Pistons for as long as Brad has coached the Celtics. I'll bet you can't name where Daly coached after the Pistons. Stevens has a long, long ways to go before he has the Bad Boy Pistons roster and achieves what Daly has.

I'll admit, whether you have LeBron or Jordan is the biggest factor to getting to the NBA Finals and winning titles in the NBA.
Daly was in his mid-60's at the end of the Bad Boy era, Stevens is 44. One could argue that Brad isn't even in the prime of his coaching career yet. Stevens will have multiple opportunities the next 15-20 years if it doesn't pan out in Boston.

F$$k Brad Stevens

No need for this. Why should he do something he doesn't want to do? Why should anybody?

The fact he turned down so much Jack tells me he doesn't think $ is everything, which should be applauded, figuratively speaking.

Stevens likes the pro life. At least now we know he's never coaching here and don't have to obsess over it any longer.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Daly was in his mid-60's at the end of the Bad Boy era, Stevens is 44. One could argue that Brad isn't even in the prime of his coaching career yet. Stevens will have multiple opportunities the next 15-20 years if it doesn't pan out in Boston.
So, it is going to take Stevens 30 years to maybe accomplish what Daly did in the first 10 years or so of his NBA coaching career? That sounds like Purdue fans talking about Keady or Painter reaching a FF.

So, it is going to take Stevens 30 years to maybe accomplish what Daly did in the first 10 years or so of his NBA coaching career? That sounds like Purdue fans talking about Keady or Painter reaching a FF.
I didn't say that at all, but you act like his window of opportunity is closing. It isn't. Frank Vogel was fired from the Pacers, went 54-110 in 2 years in Orlando, and just won an NBA title last year with the Lakers. He will get an opportunity to coach elsewhere when/if Boston lets him go. Celtics are on a bit of a roll right now and have the best young talent combo in the league in Brown and Tatum.

People get upset that Stevens said nice things about us but then didn't take the job.

What people don't realize is that when Stevens said those things, the question that was asked started off with "we know that you already said you aren't interested in the Indiana job but...." or something to that extent.

He was basically bated into saying nice things about us which of course people are going to run with because nobody takes things at face value. Stevens, from day 1, always said he wasn't gonna take the job.

I didn't say that at all, but you act like his window of opportunity is closing. It isn't. Frank Vogel was fired from the Pacers, went 54-110 in 2 years in Orlando, and just won an NBA title last year with the Lakers. He will get an opportunity to coach elsewhere when/if Boston lets him go. Celtics are on a bit of a roll right now and have the best young talent combo in the league in Brown and Tatum.
Vogel's success is riding the coattails of LeBron and Anthony Davis: you aren't going to have that roster in Orlando or Sacramento, and there is no guarantee you'll ever have that type of roster. Stevens is looking more like PJ Carlesimo than Doc Rivers.

Like the last 8 years, the Celtics aren't getting out of the Eastern Conference this year.

ADVERTISEMENT