ADVERTISEMENT

7 yr / 70 million - No

Pretty incredible that, knowing what we’d pay, he shot it down before we could even make a formal offer. No really, really, really meant no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seyton
Well he can stay his masshole ass in Boston then. He's got a nice mediocre team there in perfect position to get drilled by the Lakers yearly. We have our coach.
To each their own.

Major kudos to Dolson for putting it out there, if this information is correct. It’s what we wanted him to do.

And then to have this as a (potential) back up plan? Well done Mr. Dolson,
well done! We’ve underestimated you.

To each their own.

Major kudos to Dolson for putting it out there, if this information is correct. It’s what we wanted him to do.

I'm not sure why you quoted me as your post had nothing to do with mine, I do agree with everything you said though.

Reactions: CG Paul
I'm not sure why you quoted me as your post had nothing to do with mine, I do agree with everything you said though.
Sure it did. My first sentence, “to each their own”.

Meaning, maybe that’s what he wants, and if he does, good for him. We tried and he said “no”. Can’t do anything about that.

It’s just an older saying. Maybe you’ve never heard it.

It’s all good. We’re on the same page.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Sure it did. My first sentence, “to each their own”.

Meaning, maybe that’s what he wants, and if he does, good for him. We tried and he said “no”. Can’t do anything about that.

It’s just an older saying. Maybe you’ve never heard it.

It’s all good. We’re on the same page.
O okay lol, yeah Dolson did the right thing by trying but I absolutely don't think he settled. So far Mike has done all the right things.

Well he can stay his masshole ass in Boston then. He's got a nice mediocre team there in perfect position to get drilled by the Lakers yearly. We have our coach.
We have our coach. Stevens has his nice mediocre NBA team while not having to mess with the hassles of the college recruiting wars, something he admittedly always hated. It apparently is worth it to him, as it is worth our new coach to IU. Getting drilled every year by the Lakers is such a small part of it all.

Reactions: Lucy01
We have our coach. Stevens has his nice mediocre NBA team while not having to mess with the hassles of the college recruiting wars, something he admittedly always hated. It apparently is worth it to him, as it is worth our new coach to IU. Getting drilled every year by the Lakers is such a small part of it all.

You guys and the Lakers talk. Dude will never see the Lakers, no prayer of making it out of the East.

I don’t understand this reaction to Brad’s decision to stay in the NBA. He has a very good job with more money than they will spend and he and his wife decided to stay in Boston and not move the kids. Brad is a Hoosier and an IU fan who apparently expressed interest in talking about the position and decided to decline the offer.

He was clear that they had decided to stay and the fact that IU fans wanted to create all sorts of “it isn’t over” conspiracies bringing him here is just silly.

Dolson and team took their best shot and ended up with a pretty damned good second option.

To quote/paraphrase Val Kilmer's Doc Holiday, "Look darling, Mr. Stevens is obviously a greedy man.....now I really hate him!"

Reactions: gelesen
Wonder if we could've enticed “Jimmy” Laskowski with that kind of an offer? Obvious that Stevens had zero interest in the job, which was evident based on both his remarks and actions. There was never a chance. Looking forward to seeing how MW and staff do.

what was said in the rest of the segment? what is his long term future with the celtics?
Bottom line is no NBA job is forever. Brad made what they felt was the best decision for their family. Best luck.

Getting drilled every year by the Lakers is such a small part of it all.
Tell that to Boston fans. They wanted him gone just a few games ago and they'll want him gone again when he loses a few more games.

NBA coaches get none of the credit, all of the blame and if you aren't at the top you're always at risk of being blamed. Like I've said before, NBA jobs are only as good as the team you're coaching. The only coach really "at the top of the mountain in the NBA" is the one currently babysitting Lebron in that given year. The rest of the coaches are either on the hot seat or currently coaching a team that's trying to lose so they can pull higher draft picks.

All in all it was his decision and he got what he wanted so kudos to him. That said Indiana got a good coach and I hope this is the last time they ever offer the job to "masshole" Brad.

Tell that to Boston fans. They wanted him gone just a few games ago and they'll want him gone again when he loses a few more games.

NBA coaches get none of the credit, all of the blame and if you aren't at the top you're always at risk of being blamed. Like I've said before, NBA jobs are only as good as the team you're coaching. The only coach really "at the top of the mountain in the NBA" is the one currently babysitting Lebron in that given year. The rest of the coaches are either on the hot seat or currently coaching a team that's trying to lose so they can pull higher draft picks.

All in all it was his decision and he got what he wanted so kudos to him. That said Indiana got a good coach and I hope this is the last time they ever offer the job to "masshole" Brad.
Boston fans are crazy. There was documentary some years ago that chronicled how two Celtic fans actually kidnapped a player from the other team so they could win game Seven. Brad should get out of there.

Reactions: cuthbert
Please talk hoops or politely bow out.

Thank you,

The good posters on this board

I’ve invited you to both stop following me around and to stop making false claims. The latter (in respect of your easily proved falsehood regarding Glass and Crean) is what initially upset you and resulted in your false claim that I sent you DM’s. If you want a better board, check the mirror first, please.

I’ve invited you to both stop following me around and to stop making false claims. The latter (in respect of your easily proved falsehood regarding Glass and Crean) is what initially upset you and resulted in your false claim that I sent you DM’s. If you want a better board, check the mirror first, please.
My report was supported. Yours was simply made up to pick a fight with me offering zerodocumentation. Swing and a miss.
Again, please either talk IU or kindly step away and find a new forum to destroy.

Either way, keep your promise of nearly 2k posts ago and stop stalking me.
TIA.

Reactions: EarlTubbs
I tend to agree with this...and I think it's an important sentiment...thought...comment...

Woodson is a bit of an unknown quantity as it relates to college basketball coaching. I feel like his NBA resume is +acceptable. But really unknown at the college level.

Matta is a guy I'd love to have as our head coach.

Fife is a guy who I'd really like as our head coach...

Woodson has come in and engaged the kids and kept most on the roster...which bodes well.

He has signed the kid from Pitt...and this fella should help us...

This triumvirate of coaching...put in motion and together by Mr. Dolson...is really intriguing, exciting, promising...I'm looking forward to this team in a way I haven't in years...

I've been luke warm on Dolson (I was scratching my head on CTA hire...thinking that the best available college FB coach could not be on our staff)...but this has the "innovation" and "culture" feel...the primordial soup that may yield a big bang.

I'm intrigued. Enthusiastic. Engaged.

I tend to agree with this...and I think it's an important sentiment...thought...comment...

Woodson is a bit of an unknown quantity as it relates to college basketball coaching. I feel like his NBA resume is +acceptable. But really unknown at the college level.

Matta is a guy I'd love to have as our head coach.

Fife is a guy who I'd really like as our head coach...

Woodson has come in and engaged the kids and kept most on the roster...which bodes well.

He has signed the kid from Pitt...and this fella should help us...

This triumvirate of coaching...put in motion and together by Mr. Dolson...is really intriguing, exciting, promising...I'm looking forward to this team in a way I haven't in years...

I've been luke warm on Dolson (I was scratching my head on CTA hire...thinking that the best available college FB coach could not be on our staff)...but this has the "innovation" and "culture" feel...the primordial soup that may yield a big bang.

I'm intrigued. Enthusiastic. Engaged.
The situation Scott created will hopefully bring positive results and set the stage for a potential transition 4 or 5 years down the line to either Dane or even Thad depending on the progression of his physical challenges.

options are always a good thing to have

Reactions: outlawyer
Not sure why the hate here. Brad never did anything that should have led IU nation to think it was manifest destiny he coach at IU. Just lots of rumormongering based on hopes/wishes. He’s the same guy he was a month ago when fans were tracking flights, obsessively checking twitter, etc in hopes he would say yes. Your disillusionment is on you, not him.

The situation Scott created will hopefully bring positive results and set the stage for a potential transition 4 or 5 years down the line to either Dane or even Thad depending on the progression of his physical challenges.

options are always a good thing to have
I totally agree.

I would have been happy with Matta...I would have been optimistic with Fife.

They're both on staff! I coup in my humble opinion.

Woodie appears to be the kind of leader who can engage something like this and make it something really special. I'm intrigued.

My report was supported. Yours was simply made up to pick a fight with me offering zerodocumentation. Swing and a miss.
Again, please either talk IU or kindly step away and find a new forum to destroy.

Either way, keep your promise of nearly 2k posts ago and stop stalking me.
TIA.
I conclusively proved your report was absolute garbage . . . You claimed Glass tried to fire Crean immediately after we won the regular season BiG championship. It was an idiotic assertion, and you likely forgot to check the calendar when you made it up. You got mad because you made yourself look like a dishonest fool, and you lashed out as a result.

Your lie about DM’s was a weak attempt to try and change the narrative. When you claimed you would post them for everyone to see, I quickly volunteered to leave here if you were, in fact, able to do so. Obviously, you’ve failed to keep your commitment (they never existed).

Calling a former star IU player “Jimmy” Laskowski was merely additional confirmation that you know little about the program.

Now, please stop stalking, and please put me on ignore (as you repeatedly promised to do). You really don’t belong here.

• Wow
Reactions: EarlTubbs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT