ADVERTISEMENT

#7 Soccer plays OSU in Westfield

snowling

Hall of Famer
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Maisonneuve is probably my all time favorite IU soccer player. I’m pretty sure he’s the last IU player to appear in a World Cup-having been on the field for all 3 matches on that awful 1998 team. 2 other IU guys were on that squad-Deering and Sommer, but neither played- I think. Mais is a great dude according to anyone who has ever met him. The jury is still out on his head coaching abilities.

Reactions: snowling

Go Hoosiers!

Summing up everything after 2 games, Yeags is happy to have 2 victories, but not thrilled with sloppy play at times. Thinks guys will play much better outdoors, whenever they can get there. Plenty of bench guys getting experience in these first 2 games. Schedule gets a bit tougher now with road match at NW this weekend.

Maisonneuve is probably my all time favorite IU soccer player. I’m pretty sure he’s the last IU player to appear in a World Cup-having been on the field for all 3 matches on that awful 1998 team. 2 other IU guys were on that squad-Deering and Sommer, but neither played- I think. Mais is a great dude according to anyone who has ever met him. The jury is still out on his head coaching abilities.
Yep Juergen was behind friedal and keller. Side note juergen was the first us goalkeeper to every play in the premier league (i think)

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
He was a heck of a keeper and I’ve seen him from time to time at Armstrong Stadium-hard to miss him. That ’98 team was a disgrace-losing to Iran! From what I remember, the coach at the time, Steve Sampson, got blasted for hanging on to the old guys-lIke Lalas, Tab Ramos, Harkes when they were past their prime instead of going with the younger up and coming guys.

He was a heck of a keeper and I’ve seen him from time to time at Armstrong Stadium-hard to miss him. That ’98 team was a disgrace-losing to Iran! From what I remember, the coach at the time, Steve Sampson, got blasted for hanging on to the old guys-lIke Lalas, Tab Ramos, Harkes when they were past their prime instead of going with the younger up and coming guys.
Yup super nice guy. Agree with you. Lots of politics

ADVERTISEMENT