ADVERTISEMENT

60 Minutes is going to do a big story on UFO's tomorrow night.

Oh, I don't know, we seem to be living in a comic book world now. Drone swarms, lasers being developed, robots...I just await the appearance of either my Skynet overlords or the robots who are going to hook me into the Matrix and use me as a battery.

Actually..., with the explosion of AI taking off worldwide with seemingly little in the way of global safeguards..., a Skynet scenario isn't as out of the realm of possibility a some point as we'd like it to be... 🙉😳

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
It will be interesting, I am not a believer in UFOs. After our encounters with a certain bunny, we Martians stopped coming.

There are two life form possibilities for UFOs. One is a group of beings that live on earth. It seems unlikely their ability to avoid detection would be very low.

The other are aliens from space. There are two things that make me skeptical. One, SETI (I tasked a couple dozen PCs to SETI back in the day). We did find one signal from Proxima Centauri a couple months ago that might be a sign of something. But last I heard it had a whole lot of tests to go through yet. If there are aliens here, we are not at all picking up their conversations back to home.

Proxima Centauri is important, it is our closest star. If faster than light is impossible as our current thinking believes, there are not many stars likely to send expeditions to earth. Proxima is 4.4 light years or so away. At .75 the speed of light, very far past our ability, we are talking over a 5 year journey. That is the closest.

Proxima has a planet in the Goldilocks zone. But we believe the huge amounts of radiation from its star would make life unlikely.

As we get further away, the difficulty in getting here goes way up. The ability to send multiple ships from 20 light year's is very incredible. Certainly not impossible, but it reduces the possibility below other options.

We know swamp gas has long been mistaken for ghosts and UFOs. There is a possibility that higher in the atmosphere there is a similar phenomena we do not understand
The universe is of a size that is beyond any comprehension. Found this video a while back and it blew my lazy mind. I tend to think aliens exist b/c it would be more unlikely for them not to. However, space travel is almost impossible without faster than light travel (a technology which is possible I suppose though imagine moving a spacecraft of any size at that speed). And that's only for short trips. Any longer journey would require some kind of time travel or usage of wormholes, etc.

It's not about whether aliens exist. They most certainly do. But think of it like civilizations 2000 years ago. It would be more likely the Miami Indians would travel to China than aliens (or us) traveling beyond the bounds of our own galaxy. We're just too far apart. Perhaps universal contraction billions of years from now will bring of closer.

Watch the video. It's fun for the non scientists out there.

An argument this is drones, drone swarms, balloons, and technology used to trick radar by current US adversaries.

That’s a real interesting article. We have several problems with the whole subject of UAP’s. . Chief among those is the stigma attached to it. There was a time airline pilots were subject to grounding for reporting one. i didnt watch the 60 minutes piece, but if all they did was interview a couple of pilots in a limited ”segment“ they wasted eveybody’s time I guess that is where the commercial value is. The data, reseach and conclusions about this go way beyond eyewitness accounts and predate drone swarms. The most common characteristic of UAP’s is that they are not belligerent or threatening. A sighting that suggests they are a threat is likely not legit. The “Tic Tac” shape has been reported previously.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The universe is of a size that is beyond any comprehension. Found this video a while back and it blew my lazy mind. I tend to think aliens exist b/c it would be more unlikely for them not to. However, space travel is almost impossible without faster than light travel (a technology which is possible I suppose though imagine moving a spacecraft of any size at that speed). And that's only for short trips. Any longer journey would require some kind of time travel or usage of wormholes, etc.

It's not about whether aliens exist. They most certainly do. But think of it like civilizations 2000 years ago. It would be more likely the Miami Indians would travel to China than aliens (or us) traveling beyond the bounds of our own galaxy. We're just too far apart. Perhaps universal contraction billions of years from now will bring of closer.

Watch the video. It's fun for the non scientists out there.

If you think the universe is infinite instead of finite, then the places where life exists must also be infinite. The reading I have done about UAP’s conclude they are a product of some kind of intelligence, but nobody has credibly mentioned a life form at least as we know it.

Reactions: larsIU
If you think the universe is infinite instead of finite, then the places where life exists must also be infinite. The reading I have done about UAP’s conclude they are a product of some kind of intelligence, but nobody has credibly mentioned a life form at least as we know it.
I would tend to agree with your line of thinking. UAPs could simply be probes of some sort (but that's human physic's talking) or a technology the likes of which our physics cannot explain. Some kind of window through time possibly. Fun to think about.

Hopefully our alien overlords are benevolent.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Now you know why we think your obsession, after 30 years, of Bill and Hillary is ridiculous. Come back in 25 years to see if we are still obsessed with Trump.
30 years? She just ran for President in 2016. But I guess math is hard for leftists.

Which is a decent theory but we cannot prove other dimensions. So we are stuck with unidentified.

The best terrestrial theory I have come up with is a secret device that creates a holographic image that interacts with radar. I could easily see a military use and we wouldn't admit to having it

But that explanation seems pretty crazy. I was just trying to come up with something that fits a human origin.
I believe this to be the case. That, somehow, optical illusions are being projected and screwing with us.

There are just too many variants of the types of UFOs being followed and tracked - and then suddenly disappear.

Last edited:
I beleive this to be the case. That, somehow, optical illusions are being projected and screwing with us.

There are just too many variants of the types of UFOs being followed and tracked - and then suddenly disappear.
It’s just crazy to hear the one navy guy say that he used to see them daily over the east coast for years. Not some one off event

It’s just crazy to hear the one navy guy say that he used to see them daily over the east coast for years. Not some one off event
It is sort of like the aboriginal tribes that one day saw a silver bird very high in the sky. Then weeks later, another. Now they see them several times a day.

As far as ET, I like Goat's idea. If it is outside our dimension, we are only seeing parts. And that would explain why the images are different. It would seem strange for a race to build 100 different craft of differing sizes and shapes to send to earth.

But I'm still not leaning into pan-dimensional craft until we somewhat prove there are more dimensions.

I think it's our technology. It seems to be happening off our coasts. I don't hear of it happening anywhere else - maybe it is and I haven't heard about it.

But I wouldn't rule anything out, including time travel, aliens, and other dimensions.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I think it's our technology. It seems to be happening off our coasts. I don't hear of it happening anywhere else - maybe it is and I haven't heard about it.

But I wouldn't rule anything out, including time travel, aliens, and other dimensions.
True. Are we hearing reports with that kind of frequency anywhere else? Hard to believe Virginia Beach is just that fascinating to aliens - wait til they see the dirty Myrtle!

• Haha
Reactions: TommyCracker
True. Are we hearing reports with that kind of frequency anywhere else? Hard to believe Virginia Beach is just that fascinating to aliens - wait til they see the dirty Myrtle!

Reminds me of a comment Chick McGee made on an alien sighting back in the day.

It something like....
'Isn't it strange that alien beings get to earth but never go where the lights are? They seem to be really attracted to trailer parks and cornfields'.

In the flyover states, UFO sightings are usually by a couple of drunk guys on a boat out frog-gigging.

And it seems the Navy is mainly seeing them. I don't think anyone from the Air Force was interviewed?

The Navy is known for some pretty cutting edge technology. I rented a car in San Diego and drove from the agency back to the airport to pick up the family. Once I got to the airport, the electronic key fob didn't work. I took it back to the agency and they told me it would work when I got away from the airport - that sometimes that happens. And they were right. This was around 2005 or 2006. My guess is they were testing an electroic jamming device to stop remote IED detonation.

Reminds me of a comment Chick McGee made on an alien sighting back in the day.

It something like....
'Isn't it strange that alien beings get to earth but never go where the lights are? They seem to be really attracted to trailer parks and cornfields'.
Hilarious and true.

In the flyover states, UFO sightings are usually by a couple of drunk guys on a boat out frog-gigging.

I had buddies deep into UFOs and ghosts, people who loved Art Bell. Someone came to Bloomington about 1988 and gave a presentation on UFOs from some national organization. He said that the hottest activity in the country at that moment was in Monroe City Indiana. We got the location from him and set out. I didn't want to go, but they were desperate to prove the skeptic wrong. We spent a couple nights in a cornfield, saw nothing.

But I do want to add to your list. The spot was called "lucky point". I have a theory that taking dates to see the UFOs was quite the activity and the people at this national organization just accepted the stories at face value.

It will be interesting, I am not a believer in UFOs. After our encounters with a certain bunny, we Martians stopped coming.

There are two life form possibilities for UFOs. One is a group of beings that live on earth. It seems unlikely their ability to avoid detection would be very low.

The other are aliens from space. There are two things that make me skeptical. One, SETI (I tasked a couple dozen PCs to SETI back in the day). We did find one signal from Proxima Centauri a couple months ago that might be a sign of something. But last I heard it had a whole lot of tests to go through yet. If there are aliens here, we are not at all picking up their conversations back to home.

Proxima Centauri is important, it is our closest star. If faster than light is impossible as our current thinking believes, there are not many stars likely to send expeditions to earth. Proxima is 4.4 light years or so away. At .75 the speed of light, very far past our ability, we are talking over a 5 year journey. That is the closest.

Proxima has a planet in the Goldilocks zone. But we believe the huge amounts of radiation from its star would make life unlikely.

As we get further away, the difficulty in getting here goes way up. The ability to send multiple ships from 20 light year's is very incredible. Certainly not impossible, but it reduces the possibility below other options.

We know swamp gas has long been mistaken for ghosts and UFOs. There is a possibility that higher in the atmosphere there is a similar phenomena we do not understand

Your SETI reference reminded me of an old short story I saw posted on Reddit years ago, I went and dug it up and it still gives me chills reading it. Thought you and @TheOriginalHappyGoat would appreciate it.

I would tend to agree with your line of thinking. UAPs could simply be probes of some sort (but that's human physic's talking) or a technology the likes of which our physics cannot explain. Some kind of window through time possibly. Fun to think about.

Hopefully our alien overlords are benevolent.
I guess if they come down and start kidnapping us, without regard for the destruction of our family connections, and transporting us back across unknown distances to strange planets to do manual labor for centuries, and treat us worse than their beasts of burden, then they allow us some sort of semi-autonomy, it's good to know that, if the situation finally ends, we will be over it completely in a few decades, and will fully trust and embrace the aliens, even though they have stolen our culture and names, and have forever separated us from our lives that were left behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
Reactions: Bill4411
Talk about a buzzkill... sheesh.
It reminds me of when I read "Crash Goes the Chariot of the Gods" -boy was that a downer. BTW Erich Von Daniken must have accumulated a fortune after publishing "Chariot of the Gods" in 1968.

It reminds me of when I read "Crash Goes the Chariot of the Gods" -boy was that a downer. BTW Erich Von Daniken must have accumulated a fortune after publishing "Chariot of the Gods" in 1968.
59lf0b.jpg

I had buddies deep into UFOs and ghosts, people who loved Art Bell. Someone came to Bloomington about 1988 and gave a presentation on UFOs from some national organization. He said that the hottest activity in the country at that moment was in Monroe City Indiana. We got the location from him and set out. I didn't want to go, but they were desperate to prove the skeptic wrong. We spent a couple nights in a cornfield, saw nothing.

But I do want to add to your list. The spot was called "lucky point". I have a theory that taking dates to see the UFOs was quite the activity and the people at this national organization just accepted the stories at face value.
This is great. I spent a lot of my youth in that area. Small world.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Warning:

"In an April video, InfoWars staffer Greg Reese posited that the UFOs were being faked using technology from inventor Nikola Tesla and the Nazis, with the ultimate goal of faking an alien invasion to enslave humanity in 'the most dire false flag imaginable,'" writes Sommer. "In QAnon-heavy language about a nefarious "cabal" and a "Great Awakening," Reese claimed that the new UFO videos were meant to convince people, wrongly, that the aliens are real, before vaporizing much of humanity with energy weapons."

UFO skeptics analyze the 60 Minutes footage. An example for one of the videos shown on 60 Minutes:

First, we see “Go Fast”, a video presented as showing an incredibly fast craft skimming low over the ocean. But if you do the very simple trigonometry invited by the numbers on screen, it turns out to be something far above the surface and moving at a speed that matches the wind at that altitude, making it almost certainly just a balloon. Yet the 60 Minutes host, the highly respected journalist Bill Whitaker, repeats Elizondo’s baseless claim that it’s “fast moving.”​

UFO skeptics analyze the 60 Minutes footage. An example for one of the videos shown on 60 Minutes:

First, we see “Go Fast”, a video presented as showing an incredibly fast craft skimming low over the ocean. But if you do the very simple trigonometry invited by the numbers on screen, it turns out to be something far above the surface and moving at a speed that matches the wind at that altitude, making it almost certainly just a balloon. Yet the 60 Minutes host, the highly respected journalist Bill Whitaker, repeats Elizondo’s baseless claim that it’s “fast moving.”​

Funsucker

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT