Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
per Dustin Schutte, Saturday Tradition.

5] Isaih Pacheco, Rutgers
4] Elijah Collins, Michigan State
3] Zach Charbonnet, Michigan
2]Master Teague, OSU
1]Journey Brown, PSU

BTW, Indiana's Stevie Scott was honorable mention.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Any list of B1G RB’s without Scott is a joke. That’s not even a homer take, it’s objective.

Scott has had two straight years with 1k+ scrimmage yards. He nearly had another 1k yard rushing season this season while missing multiple games. He also had the most receptions by any B1G running back coming back and has clearly expanded his game more to be a complete back in the past two seasons. To think you could rank Pacheco or Charbonnet over him simply based on using your eyes and watching games, let alone the numbers Scott has put up is silly.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Any list of B1G RB’s without Scott is a joke. That’s not even a homer take, it’s objective.

Scott has had two straight years with 1k+ scrimmage yards. He nearly had another 1k yard rushing season this season while missing multiple games. He also had the most receptions by any running back coming back and has clearly expanded his game more to be a complete back in the past two seasons. To think you could rank Pacheco or Charbonnet over him simply based on using your eyes and watching games, let alone the numbers Scott has put up is silly.

Rant over.
Well, I agree that Stevie should get consideration, but he has only had two seasons at IU. Have those other guys had full seasons? Maybe another injury free season and he can claim his rightful place in pre-season rankings.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Scott has had two straight years with 1k+ scrimmage yards. He nearly had another 1k yard rushing season this season while missing multiple games. He also had the most receptions by any running back coming back and has clearly expanded his game more to be a complete back in the past two seasons. To think you could rank Pacheco or Charbonnet over him simply based on using your eyes and watching games, let alone the numbers Scott has put up is silly.

Rant over.
Well, if you're looking at a single feature back for 2020, Schutte's list might make sense . . . although I understand Wisconsin's got a lights-out RB who'll be a true frosh next year, so the list might be a bit suspect.

If IU's season goes as I suspect it will - and this is only speculation - then IU might have a combination of RBs taking similar numbers of snaps to keep the wear and tear on each of them down.

Scott and James is a pretty good combination of similar backs . . . so that might be why Scott isn't on Schutte's list individually.

Well, if you're looking at a single feature back for 2020, Schutte's list might make sense . . . although I understand Wisconsin's got a lights-out RB who'll be a true frosh next year, so the list might be a bit suspect.

If IU's season goes as I suspect it will - and this is only speculation - then IU might have a combination of RBs taking similar numbers of snaps to keep the wear and tear on each of them down.

Scott and James is a pretty good combination of similar backs . . . so that might be why Scott isn't on Schutte's list individually.
I can see that. I love the Scott / James combo, but I still think Scott is the feature guy. What he did in the passing game this year goes under the radar. He was really good catching the ball in the flat and getting yardage when we needed it.

That said, Scott has been better than every player on that list in his career based on numbers alone so it just makes no sense to me to not include him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT