ADVERTISEMENT

4 star RB Markese Stepp visiting this weekend...

Back to Stepp (if anyone recalls, the original topic of this post):
I can say it now since he's committed to USC..., I think the guy is slightly overrated. He's got good speed in the open field but on his highlight tapes he rarely breaks many tackles and appeared to go down relatively easily.

Now I figure I must be missing something since a lot of "name" schools offered him but I'm far from devastated that we didn't get him. I think (based on the little bit of tape that I've seen) that Walker is better.

It appeared to me that most of Stepps numbers were the result of running behind one of the better offensive lines in the state...

That's not sour grapes (although I'm sure it reads like that), that's just my assessment of what I saw on tape. I hope he has a fine career at USC but it doesn't bother me at all that someone else is going to use that scholarship.

Just my 2 cents...

I think losing
I think losing four star, in-state kids to Iowa is unacceptable. If Indiana wants to really elevate their program, they need to slam the door on an Iowa coming in their backyard and poaching these kids. But hey, that's my take.

One of those Indiana kids verballed to Iowa is now looking hard at LSU. He even said he's now not signing early since this LSU offer came through.
Oddly, the very same reasoning that he used to verbal to Iowa ("they develop DBs and put them in the NFL") is the exact same thing he said now about LSU but added that LSU is considered "DBU" - Defensive Back University and that a former LSU DB was his favorite player.

One of those Indiana kids verballed to Iowa is now looking hard at LSU. He even said he's now not signing early since this LSU offer came through.
Oddly, the very same reasoning that he used to verbal to Iowa ("they develop DBs and put them in the NFL") is the exact same thing he said now about LSU but added that LSU is considered "DBU" - Defensive Back University and that a former LSU DB was his favorite player.

Donald Johnson? That’d be a big loss for Iowa for sure.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on what he has done as president of Purdue so far. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. If you put your political biases aside, you’d realize he’s done a great job at Purdue. IU would’ve been lucky to have him as their president and I’m guessing the vast majority of IU alumni would’ve been thrilled with him as their president.

I would love it if you'd STFU about Mitch Daniels over here on the IU Board. Seriously. Take it to GBI.

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT