ADVERTISEMENT

4 star DE Beau Robbins commits to IU...

We currently have a four-star DE, a three-star athlete, and a three-star 6’3” receiver. IU and PU are both going to have really solid classes this year. Going to be fun.

And the receiver was recently offered by Penn State so you know they can play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Big time get from in-state.
This is exactly what IU needs to get better: high level 3 and 4 star linemen. You don’t build a program without the beef up front and getting guys like Robbins (#31 nationally at DE) and before him Head (#33 nationally) are what help move the needle.

This is where real headway is made: the trenches.
Skill guys are everywhere. What sets the skill guys apart from their equally ranked counterparts are the core of linemen around them.

I've read somewhere that IU is only taking one WDE in the 2019 class. Does this pretty much close the door of RO who just listed IU in his top 4 and scheduled an Official for later this month?

I hope we can get him as well. Would be great to have an additional 6'5" DE to go along with ones already in the mix.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
I've read somewhere that IU is only taking one WDE in the 2019 class. Does this pretty much close the door of RO who just listed IU in his top 4 and scheduled an Official for later this month?

I hope we can get him as well. Would be great to have an additional 6'5" DE to go along with ones already in the mix.

Seriously doubt if he’s a 4* thoroughbred they won’t take him. For now I’ll focus on this great get.

Are there any posters who have seen him play and can share thoughts? Good as advertised?

Seriously doubt if he’s a 4* thoroughbred they won’t take him. For now I’ll focus on this great get.

Are there any posters who have seen him play and can share thoughts? Good as advertised?
If your talking about Beau he is a serious playmaker and against damn good competition. Dude started for Carmel in his sophomore year! Very quick and its like he comes out of nowhere kicks a gear and disrupts plays. Very serious get! Ohhh btw my kids go to Carmel and I go to the games when I can. Honestly as far as d-line play and play disrupters that I have watched in the MIC... The last person I saw like him was Sheldon Day!

Last edited:
I was watching his film and he is faster and more disruptive than any other defensive line recruit that I can recall seeing.

What is great is that it’s only early June. We’re all too familiar with some of the character issues that have accompanied a few four-star recruits in the past. This guy looks like a fantastic catch all the way around. If Coach Allen can pick up another couple highly rated recruits in June this could really turn into something.

Last edited:
This is to go along with the best group of DE’s I think IU has ever put together in the 18’ class. These guys are going to destroy quarterbacks in 2-3 years or so. At a max 4 years when they’re redshirt juniors. CTA is building the team up front, and it highlights that I think his roster management was underrated. Each recruit makes sense for what he’s trying to do. Gotta love it.

Hopefully he can do this for the O-Line as well in this class.

This is to go along with the best group of DE’s I think IU has ever put together in the 18’ class. These guys are going to destroy quarterbacks in 2-3 years or so. At a max 4 years when they’re redshirt juniors. CTA is building the team up front, and it highlights that I think his roster management was underrated. Each recruit makes sense for what he’s trying to do. Gotta love it.

Hopefully he can do this for the O-Line as well in this class.
yeah we've got a lot of de's, how about some dt's. mullins never made it, now harris is gone. we could use some interior linemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
yeah we've got a lot of de's, how about some dt's. mullins never made it, now harris is gone. we could use some interior linemen.
I’d imagine some of these guys move inside. They’re mostly in that 6’5” range and long. Some have the bodies to move inside after a couple of years in the weight room. My first thought when I saw the number of DE’s they’ve been targeting the past couple of years is that only some of them won’t be remaining there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT