ADVERTISEMENT

4 More Years

Article on Channel 14 app from Evansville says Martinsville-to-Indy I-69 segment will start early 2020 and take 4 years

We rebuilt Europe and Japan faster
Yes, and they plan to completely shut IN 37 down around Martinsville for a full construction season. They say they were able to take a year out of the schedule by doing that. It will put a lot of pressure on the 67 route.

in reality they have started already in Martinsville but only at one spot but you can still run into a huge delay which I did last night.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hell, I remember being driven to IU games from Indy before the new HW 37 existed. For big games, traffic would back up on HW 67 before making the left hand turn to cross the bridge in Martinsville. Then it would be bumper to bumper again going up the final hill north of Btown by the drive-in movie theater. Since the early ‘60’s there have been more trips with delays than there have been games without some new construction or maintenance hassle. It gets old, Man, just like me.

I've never trusted road construction projects, ever. Corruption, shady deals, and bribery greatly affect many of these projects.

Years ago they repainted the Kennedy Bridge in Louisville. I think they went through numerous contractors and several kickbacks/bribes before it ever got a coat of paint.

People will DO ANYTHING for money, never forget that.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Article on Channel 14 app from Evansville says Martinsville-to-Indy I-69 segment will start early 2020 and take 4 years

And you can expect that estimated time frame to double (at minimum)... :confused:

By the time one segment is finished the previous one will most likely need repairs...:mad::cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: td75
Hell, I remember being driven to IU games from Indy before the new HW 37 existed. For big games, traffic would back up on HW 67 before making the left hand turn to cross the bridge in Martinsville. Then it would be bumper to bumper again going up the final hill north of Btown by the drive-in movie theater. Since the early ‘60’s there have been more trips with delays than there have been games without some new construction or maintenance hassle. It gets old, Man, just like me.
If there is a serious backup in this scenario, I recommend skipping the turn in Martinsville and stay on 67S until you get to Gosport. If you know where County Line road is from that point, it'll get you to 46 and head east from there. This might be a few more miles out of the way, but it sure beats getting stuck in traffic.

Section 5 was a disaster because the state essentially privatized its construction and awarded the contract to a foreign company with no experience in road construction. As expected, the company had no idea what it was doing and didn’t have the money to pay subcontractors so work slowed and the completion date was delayed by two years. Thank Mike Pence for that. This time the state is overseeing the project.

A couple of Stealth B-2s, clear out the debris, cut the time by 75%.

No more: 14 guys in pick-ups standin' around smoking cigarettes trying to read the engineering plans, which are upside down.

I live in Washington..
It's a hellva lot easier..Honestly From Martinsville to I465.. I could care less. It get's any better .
And I go to Indy a bunch..

...the company had no idea what it was doing and didn’t have the money to pay subcontractors so work slowed and the completion date was delayed by two years. Thank Mike Pence for that. This time the state is overseeing the project.
The state had to step in and take over the Bton to Mville leg. When they did, you could see the progress speed up almost immediately. It still took too long, but they moved at a pretty good clip once the state did what they should have done in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT