ADVERTISEMENT

4 Hoosiers in NBA Summer League

I watched Bryant with the Wizards Summer League team. He just camped on the 3pt line and waited on thd ball to be passed to him. Sadly that is what Crean created. A 6'10" perimeter player. He needs to get down in the paint and battle for a rebound, tip ins, and rim protect on D.

I watched Bryant with the Wizards Summer League team. He just camped on the 3pt line and waited on thd ball to be passed to him. Sadly that is what Crean created. A 6'10" perimeter player. He needs to get down in the paint and battle for a rebound, tip ins, and rim protect on D.

You have to remember it's the Summer League. He's likely been told to concentrate on developing his perimeter shot... like a pitcher being told to work on his curve in AAA. The 3-point shot has forever changed the NBA. It's all about offensive efficiency now. Crean's possible contribution to this is irrelevant. Bryant's potential value to the NBA lies in his hitting something like 38% from beyond the arc last year combined with a high percentage when shooting down low to make him one of the most efficient scorers in the G-League. Alternatively, if the man he's guarding is playing 20-25 feet from the basket, the Defensive 3-second rule makes it more difficult to be a Russell-like presence in the paint these days. It's not the basketball I grew up with or necessarily enjoy watching, but it's what we have today.

Rough day for JBJ vs DSJ. There was a one minute stretch in the Mavs game where Dennis smith Jr. left JBJ in a trail of dust on back to back plays. The first one after DSJ picked his pocket but the very next play DSJ left him behind again on a break away layup after JBJ missed shot where JBJ was admiring his shot that didn't go in. See between the 40-60 second mark. There are some other DSJ vs JBJ portions in the video. Hopefully JBJ rebounds with a good game.

Reactions: iujunky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT