ADVERTISEMENT

4-4 bottom of 5

Neb just took the lead on Mich,, 4-2, in the B7th. That's a big game for us.

With IU's 7-5 win and Neb's 5-2 win over Mich, IU can win the regular season title if Neb and Mich split in a double-header tomorrow and we take the final two games against Rutgers. If Mich wins both games tomorrow and we sweep Rutgers, Mich still wins the title by half a game. If Neb sweeps Mich and we split the last two with Rutgers, it would be a two-way tie between us and the Huskers for the title.

With IU's 7-5 win and Neb's 5-2 win over Mich, IU can win the regular season title if Neb and Mich split in a double-header tomorrow and we take the final two games against Rutgers. If Mich wins both games tomorrow and we sweep Rutgers, Mich still wins the title by half a game. If Neb sweeps Mich and we split the last two with Rutgers, it would be a two-way tie between us and the Huskers for the title.
I overlooked the fact that both Illinois and Minnesota, with sweeps of their opponents, could sneak in there to tie for the title in that last scenario of my post. It would end up a four-way tie.

I overlooked the fact that both Illinois and Minnesota, with sweeps of their opponents, could sneak in there to tie for the title in that last scenario of my post. It would end up a four-way tie.

I would expect Illinois to win both their games at MSU. Minnesota could lose 1 at NW.

I'd sure be surprised to see Michigan beat Nebraska twice. I think Nebraska beating Michigan twice is more likely. Obviously a split is most likely.

Nebraska won 5-2.
Go Hoosiers!

The Nebraska 3rd baseman made one hell of a great play to end that game.

For those that didn't see the end, Neb's freshman closer appeared to be feeling the pressure.. He walked a guy, and a second batter got a base hit on an 2 strike count. He had to throw FBs, as he could not control his curve. It was 5-2 with 1 out and runners on 1st and 2nd.....and a 3-2 count on the batter. If he walks the batter or the batter gets a hit, UM probably wins the game. So the batter smashes a short one-hopper to the right of the 3rd baseman, who lunges for it, catches it and steps on 3rd, and fires over for the DP. I think it the best defensive play I've seen in college in a pressure situation this year.

Reactions: snowling and mk23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT