ADVERTISEMENT

3rd Assistant will be

chris007

Senior
Sep 4, 2001
Ed Schilling coming back to the state from UCLA or so it's being said at least. No official word yet though.

Reactions: mazz
That would be great news.
Not many high school coaches in Indiana would agree. His methods at Park Tudor and the conflicts of interest with his basketball academy didn't endear him to most of the coaching fraternity in the state. Not the highest character guy either. I would personally like to see him stay way out west.

Not many high school coaches in Indiana would agree. His methods at Park Tudor and the conflicts of interest with his basketball academy didn't endear him to most of the coaching fraternity in the state. Not the highest character guy either. I would personally like to see him stay way out west.
Probably helped get Wilks to UCLA and had Blueitt committed to UCLA until he changed his mind.

Reactions: Lucy01
Well close your eyes if you don't want to see it because it's a done deal.

That is for sure and did you hear is latest stupid comments on why UCLA loss. He said they loss because of the white players were not athletic enough to compete at a high level. If I was Alford I would not take the other two Ball brothers and move on form that family.
You know that Mrs. Ball (the mom) is white, don't you?

That is for sure and did you hear is latest stupid comments on why UCLA loss. He said they loss because of the white players were not athletic enough to compete at a high level. If I was Alford I would not take the other two Ball brothers and move on form that family.
I saw that on twitter or something. Isnt his son like 1/2 white too?

This won't help IU in the state
Smitty - I think the general consensus was that the HS coaches were ticked that the IHSAA allowed Ed to run his academy while coaching a private school - Not sure if there is a real dislike for Ed per se, just the whole arrangement - coaches felt that the IHSAA should have put an end to both - Ed didn't really gain many good players by using his academy to train - Not sure how this will affect things - a lot of the older coaches are now gone and these younger guys aren't aware of the past - we will see how this turns out -

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Smitty - I think the general consensus was that the HS coaches were ticked that the IHSAA allowed Ed to run his academy while coaching a private school - Not sure if there is a real dislike for Ed per se, just the whole arrangement - coaches felt that the IHSAA should have put an end to both - Ed didn't really gain many good players by using his academy to train - Not sure how this will affect things - a lot of the older coaches are now gone and these younger guys aren't aware of the past - we will see how this turns out -
Lets hope he recruits Indy as well as he did while at Park Tudor lol

He will definitely help with recruiting in-state. Hiring him would also help quite a bit with Keion Brooks

Seems like a perfect fit.

BsoiLvUCEAE0qTe.jpg

Still a stupid comment and if it was reverse then all hell would have broken loose.
I agree - If Mr. Ball had said they lost because they played too many black guys who weren't athletic enough to compete at a high level, all hell would have broken loose.

Reactions: IUNICK
Jack Kiefer is still allowed to coach at LN with his outside influence. HS coaches have coached AAU teams.

Schilling isn't coaching HS any more so it's a non issue. Schilling is also a successful coach and basketball mind. Alford is stuck with the "Daddy from H$ll" old man loudmouth racist Ball and his "my 3 sons" are the Greatest of All Time Circus.

Schilling isn't coaching HS any more so it's a non issue. Schilling is also a successful coach and basketball mind. Alford is stuck with the "Daddy from H$ll" old man loudmouth racist Ball and his "my 3 sons" are the Greatest of All Time Circus.
So which ones are Robbie, Chip and Ernie?

^^^^this

No one disliked Eddie personally. The issue was his academy and the perception it gave him an advantage to get kids to PT.

Having Eddie on staff would be a HUGE get for Archie. We'll see what transpires.

ADVERTISEMENT