ADVERTISEMENT

300% increase in Covid cases

Not in a city of 100,000 with three major hospitals in it. Try again.
that doesn't tell me anything. how many icu beds do they have? how many were already occupied? how many covid patients were added to "overwhelm" the system.

the headlines we're getting out of idaho involved 300,000 people and 10 hospitals. only 2 actually had icu beds with only 26-38 functional. and of course a percentage were already occupied

that doesn't tell me anything. how many icu beds do they have? how many were already occupied? how many covid patients were added to "overwhelm" the system.

the headlines we're getting out of idaho involved 300,000 people and 10 hospitals. only 2 actually had icu beds with only 26-38 functional. and of course a percentage were already occupied

Carmel St. V and Community are both full, ICU and regular rooms. The GF was lucky a room opened up at Carmel before being shipped to St. V. in Indy, which was also totally full. Carmel St. V has around 28 ICU beds, as best as I could tell, keeping their main one open for life threatening trauma.

I don't know about Community, but their emergency area is bigger on the whole. Their whole hospital is bigger. Carmel St. V was built when Carmel was much smaller.

The Medcheck type options in Carmel, which are part of hospital chains, have separate emergency facilities on site. I have no clue what their capacity was.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm not in a decision making role, so I'm not 'you guys'. Whether you like it or not, people who run events have to abide by the laws and regulations of where the conferences are, just as I do as someone who runs a large event. It's not about fear. It's about being able to have their event, which provides jobs for people.

Most, if not all, cities/counties/states which have restrictions in place or have had them, use metrics based on data. Just like Indiana, everything was about hospitalization rates after the flatten the curve period, nothing more, nothing less. Each county was able to make their own decisions underneath that, and each city underneath.

People my not have liked the results in Marion County, but I laugh at those who typically whine about "big government". Can't get more local governing than city regulations. Big cities have bigger concerns, and most of the time have a broader range of people with varying degrees of access to things like meals, healthcare and shelter.

When suburban hospitals are diverting ambulances away because they are at capacity, with 90% of COVID patience unvaccinated, you know we're at a point where "no limiting principle" is the least of their concern. Just because you're unconcerned doesn't mean this isn't real.
The criteria for decision making used to be based on deaths and hospital capacity, now it’s cases. Soon it will be, how vaccinated a local population is. You guys have lost your minds.

And yes it’s you guys because you defend this nonsense.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The criteria for decision making used to be based on deaths and hospital capacity, now it’s cases. Soon it will be, how vaccinated a local population is. You guys have lost your minds.

And yes it’s you guys because you defend this nonsense.

You're wrong on how restrictions are determined, but that's OK. Maybe it is where you live but not where I live.

You can try it with a mask on...see if it helps
Your team still on the floor?

Seriously, if you just eat healthy, exercise regularly, & get your required sleep, the rest/good health is much, much easier. It ALL starts with what you eat & drink. Too many people die before figuring this out. Don't be a statistic, be a survivor.

Btw, beware of gluten. As you get older, your digestive enzymes & process usually weakens, & foods & drinks containing gluten can cause (inflammation, irritation & other) problems few realize.

:)

Doc Meeks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
50% of people showing up to a Broward Cty, FL clinic to receive MAB's have been fully vaxxed. Any feelings about that?
Here's a look at Pennsylvania: 97% of Covid deaths, 95% of hospitalizations, and 94% of cases are among the unvaccinated.

Here's a look at what unvaccinated selfish assholes (that description doesn't apply, of course, to people who are unable to receive the vaccine for legitimate medical reasons) are costing the country's health care system. 86% of the 530,000 Americans who were hospitalized in June, July and August were unvaccinated. "Each hospitalization was estimated to cost $20,000—a cost to taxpayer-funded public insurance programs and the workers and businesses paying health insurance premiums." Any thoughts on that?

Reactions: billyhillui
Here's a look at Pennsylvania: 97% of Covid deaths, 95% of hospitalizations, and 94% of cases are among the unvaccinated.

Here's a look at what unvaccinated selfish assholes (that description doesn't apply, of course, to people who are unable to receive the vaccine for legitimate medical reasons) are costing the country's health care system. 86% of the 530,000 Americans who were hospitalized in June, July and August were unvaccinated. "Each hospitalization was estimated to cost $20,000—a cost to taxpayer-funded public insurance programs and the workers and businesses paying health insurance premiums." Any thoughts on that?

All the (healthy) unvacced should be put in a large holding pen, dewormed, then lock it up tight, until they come to their senses/nature takes it's course.

Would we let a pack of wild, dogs with mange & rabies roam our streets & public places? No, & Covid is much more deadly than mange & rabies, & Trump worshippers are much more dangerous than wild dogs.

Sincerely

Doc Meeks

• Angry
You're wrong on how restrictions are determined, but that's OK. Maybe it is where you live but not where I live.
He mostly lives on the board up north. The dewormer must be working better up there? He/they sure do get around. You might say, it's like having 12 different rides each day. Never know who(m) is going to show up.

:)

Doc Meeks

Give it two weeks
45 = 'Dr. Death'. I'm guessing his (phony) tax returns are of no interest to you? Wish I could get away with paying as little taxes as him, & telling everyone otherwise. If he donated to Putin's reelection campaign, you would still defend him, right?

Carmel St. V and Community are both full, ICU and regular rooms. The GF was lucky a room opened up at Carmel before being shipped to St. V. in Indy, which was also totally full. Carmel St. V has around 28 ICU beds, as best as I could tell, keeping their main one open for life threatening trauma.

I don't know about Community, but their emergency area is bigger on the whole. Their whole hospital is bigger. Carmel St. V was built when Carmel was much smaller.

The Medcheck type options in Carmel, which are part of hospital chains, have separate emergency facilities on site. I have no clue what their capacity was.
One of the things this pandemic should be making us come to grips with is that our current health care system is just not designed to handle a sudden influx of emergency patients. That's the nature of a system that has to watch its budget. It's not cost-effective to have extra nurses and doctors and beds and oxygen tanks just sitting around in case we need them. It's only sensible to have as much on hand as we can expect to need on a normal day. So emergencies stress the system.

Anyone who can't see that this kind of stress should have been expected from the beginning is blind.

One of the things this pandemic should be making us come to grips with is that our current health care system is just not designed to handle a sudden influx of emergency patients. That's the nature of a system that has to watch its budget. It's not cost-effective to have extra nurses and doctors and beds and oxygen tanks just sitting around in case we need them. It's only sensible to have as much on hand as we can expect to need on a normal day. So emergencies stress the system.

Anyone who can't see that this kind of stress should have been expected from the beginning is blind.
Yup.

This pandemic is one of the things that makes me think that, even in a market-dominated social structure, perhaps health care is one of those things that should simply be socialized for the common good. Like fire protection or police. We all know there are certain services that simply don't lend themselves to capitalism in a civilized society. I think health care might be one of them.

At least acute care. I can still see the arguments for market forces in terms of R&D for drugs, tech, etc. But simple bedside care, it seems like that model just doesn't work.

• Sad
This pandemic is one of the things that makes me think that, even in a market-dominated social structure, perhaps health care is one of those things that should simply be socialized for the common good. Like fire protection or police. We all know there are certain services that simply don't lend themselves to capitalism in a civilized society. I think health care might be one of them.

At least acute care. I can still see the arguments for market forces in terms of R&D for drugs, tech, etc. But simple bedside care, it seems like that model just doesn't work.
Maybe there's a way to have "separate" systems. I don't know enough about the admin/logistics to know. I have read enough and have enough doctor friends to know that socializing medicine is something that would take many many years to happen. Almost generational. It's entrenched culturally from expectations as to doctor's compensation to the massive private insurance industry. There are so many moving parts that as appealing as it may be I just don't see it happening in my lifetime.

In the meantime I think we need more innovation, waivers, indemnification, loosening of licensing, more residencies, etc. some of these things are free

Maybe there's a way to have "separate" systems. I don't know enough about the admin/logistics to know. I have read enough and have enough doctor friends to know that socializing medicine is something that would take many many years to happen. Almost generational. It's entrenched culturally from expectations as to doctor's compensation to the massive private insurance industry. There are so many moving parts that as appealing as it may be I just don't see it happening in my lifetime
Probably true. Change always takes time, and healthcare is a slow-moving ecosystem, despite what we hear about fast-tracked vaccines and the like.

One thing I think is obvious is that we don't have enough providers. I'm not sure what the solution is, because I think that's true across multiple levels, and nurses, doctors, and others all train, exist, and gain experience in wildly different contexts, but we have to find a way to make sure we are training the people we need to provide the care we demand.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Probably true. Change always takes time, and healthcare is a slow-moving ecosystem, despite what we hear about fast-tracked vaccines and the like.

One thing I think is obvious is that we don't have enough providers. I'm not sure what the solution is, because I think that's true across multiple levels, and nurses, doctors, and others all train, exist, and gain experience in wildly different contexts, but we have to find a way to make sure we are training the people we need to provide the care we demand.
Agreed. And it's anecdotal but would you want to be a doctor? My buddy is an ER doctor at a major hospital. Super smart guy. Miserable life. Worked so hard to get where he is - the hours are shit, it's stressful, takes forever to start making money, residencies are uber competitive to land, blah blah blah. It's not an easy life. And from what I read the shortage of docs is only going to get worse.

Agreed. And it's anecdotal but would you want to be a doctor? My buddy is an ER doctor at a major hospital. Super smart guy. Miserable life. Worked so hard to get where he is - the hours are shit, it's stressful, takes forever to start making money, residencies are uber competitive to land, blah blah blah. It's not an easy life. And from what I read the shortage of docs is only going to get worse.
Meh, I'd rather be a doctor than a lawyer, I guess. But I'd rather be a landscaper than either, so I'm not the best guy to ask.

I'd rather be a landscaper too
I've done some landscaping (& related farm/orchard type work, planting, harvesting, ect., ect..., & by hand, in the old days, hard work), & though the sun, great outdoors & fresh air can do wonders for your health, the long hours, physical stress & daily grind can still get to you, just like most other jobs. Landscapers have deadlines, clients, profit margins, injuries & bottom lines, just like the rest of us.

They/statistics say very few people like their job(s). They also say, if you like your job, it's not work.

I always wanted to be a farmer, but the pay can be horrible, the risks too great, & weather, a real problem.

Last edited:
Can you get a government guaranteed loan for an old pickup, a used low boy trailer, and a Bobcat?
Maybe the Bobcat, they may as well be made of gold, if it runs good? I rent property to an excavating co., & their Bobcat is like a multitool. I'm sure you've found out, having them repaired can cost an arm & leg, & the wait can be a headache as well.

If IU goes down today, 24-17, & Penix has more picks than TDs, does Allen replace him next week? What if IU wins 13-10, & Penix has more combined fumbles & picks, than TDs? What if IU wins 30-27, & Penix has more picks than TDs? If he's going to thrive in the NFL, he'll have to run less, & pass more. Big or small, when QBs keep running too much, it usually ends the same way. Not For Long.

Sincerely

Michael Vick

Ahhh yes, hence we have efficiency experts

ADVERTISEMENT