ADVERTISEMENT

3 5 stars

Cavanagh.13

Senior
Nov 6, 2019
I will be the first to tell you that rankings are a crap shoot. However, 5 stars rankings normally pan out and play in the nba. Far more hits than misses.

Post Knight have we ever had three 5 stars on one squad? Tamar just got a 5 star composite ranking on 24/7.

We are loaded this year, and the most talented since Cody’s sophomore year. That team was better, but this team has 4 future NBA players.

@twenty02 bet me on sweet 16, I already am feeling I’m gonna get screwed by the preseason rankings. We 100% should be in the top 25, will for sure end in it. But these jacknuts aren’t as smart as me!!! :)

I agree. If we add some quality size my expectations for next are going to increase substantially.

That said I’ve like many of our teams on paper and been disappointed. Same as last year.

I hope coaching and chemistry are the difference makers. Stars help but it is up to Coach Woodson to make it go.

Reactions: iulb and BigMobe
I agree. If we add some quality size my expectations for next are going to increase substantially.

That said I’ve like many of our teams on paper and been disappointed. Same as last year.

I hope coaching and chemistry are the difference makers. Stars help but it is up to Coach Woodson to make it go.

We have been hindered by coaching the last 20 years.

From everything I have watched on Tamar I am highly confident you can put him in the starting lineup. He is all basketball, lives and breaths it. BTW, 0 student in him. This is a basketball academy, just like IMG. He is here to get to the next level, he is a professional basketball player.

Reactions: Lucy01 and Beorik
I will be the first to tell you that rankings are a crap shoot. However, 5 stars rankings normally pan out and play in the nba. Far more hits than misses.

Post Knight have we ever had three 5 stars on one squad? Tamar just got a 5 star composite ranking on 24/7.

We are loaded this year, and the most talented since Cody’s sophomore year. That team was better, but this team has 4 future NBA players.

@twenty02 bet me on sweet 16, I already am feeling I’m gonna get screwed by the preseason rankings. We 100% should be in the top 25, will for sure end in it. But these jacknuts aren’t as smart as me!!! :)
I can’t think of any teams with three 5* players. We were close if Perea had maintained his 5* rating we would have had him along with Cody and Yogi to have three 5* players. We all know Hanner could jump out of the gym, he just couldn’t play basketball. That was really the only thing holding Hanner back aside from the drinking. We’ve had loads of teams with two 5* players but not three for a long time that I can remember.

I think the last team was 97-98 with Patterson, Recker and Collier. I believe all three were McDonalds All Americans.

Last edited:
I can’t think of any teams with three 5* players. We were close if Perea had maintained his 5* rating we would have had him along with Cody and Yogi to have three 5* players. We all know Hanner could jump out of the gym, he just couldn’t play basketball. That was really the only thing holding Hanner back aside from the drinking. We’ve had loads of teams with two 5* players but not three for a long time that I can remember.

I reference this from time to time and pissed I don't have the video.... Hanner had the best shot attempt in IU history. He got the ball with his back to the basket, and did a turn around move just like he had practiced. The only problem is he must have practiced from about 5 feet to the right. Missed everything by legit 5 feet. Ive never seen anything like it.

If this team can form a chemistry on the floor,it will be in the tournament. There are enough good shooters. Free throw pct. should be better. D should be better.Bench is deep. Young talent in Duncomb and Bates. Scoring animal in TJD who needs that 15-18 shot. Race ,Lander and Phinesee should all be improved. 1-13 is deep and can play. If they adhere to CMW teaching and coaching, they could make these predictors look like idiots.. If they are successful,their recruiting could become like Michigan's. The days of UM and IU rivalry could return.

lander is not a 5 star
Yes, in number only. Categorizing by the whole “star” thing seems ridiculous. He didn’t even perform as a 4-star this past season. Just become a better all-around ball player, young man. The team needs it.

Really? I didn’t like last years team on paper heading into the season. I knew we’d likely still have poor guard play and shooting woes throughout the team. This new group of players that Woodson has brought in namely, Kopp, Stewart, and Bates, have all shown proficiency at hitting the 3 and Xavier is the kind of guard we haven’t had here since Yogi. This upcoming team looks a lot different on paper than the past few seasons.

Bracey Wright, DJ White, Josh Smith. Josh will always be a Hoosier.
He never set foot on campus......does that make Larry bird a hoosier for life? At least he enrolled and went to classes and went to open gym with the team before leaving

4 future NBA players???? If you weren’t a fan would you say that? I’m genuinely curious who the 4 are.

It’s a much better roster. I’d say best one since Yogi’s senior year in 2016 which is the last time we made the tournament.

think we’re a top 25 team but let’s not get carried away and act like we’re Kentucky all of a sudden.

4 future NBA players???? If you weren’t a fan would you say that? I’m genuinely curious who the 4 are.

It’s a much better roster. I’d say best one since Yogi’s senior year in 2016 which is the last time we made the tournament.

think we’re a top 25 team but let’s not get carried away and act like we’re Kentucky all of a sudden.
Kentucky? LoL. I hope we're better than them going forward. Cal peaked 10 years ago.

They won the Big Ten outright.
And then didn’t even get to the finals of the BTT or past the Sweet 16. I’m sure that was plenty good enough for someone like you, but those of us who are long time fans and have actually seen the program at an elite level wanted much, much more. You simply don’t know any better, and you never will.

And then didn’t even get to the finals of the BTT or past the Sweet 16. I’m sure that was plenty good enough for someone like you, but those of us who are long time fans and have actually seen the program at an elite level wanted much, much more. You simply don’t know any better, and you never will.
Come on man, you forgot to mention IU was rated number 1 for 9 weeks!

100% TJD and Bates. Lander 90% (you will all see this year), Geronimo 75%. X 20%, Stewart 20%, Kopp 20%

We have been hindered by coaching the last 20 years.

From everything I have watched on Tamar I am highly confident you can put him in the starting lineup. He is all basketball, lives and breaths it. BTW, 0 student in him. This is a basketball academy, just like IMG. He is here to get to the next level, he is a professional basketball player.
You are wrong about "0" education.
The interview I heard with him a d his mother made it very clear that education was VERY high on his priorities. He wants to go in into business and plans on going to the Kelly School.

Reactions: 76-1 and UncleMark

I think the last team was 97-98 with Patterson, Recker and Collier. I believe all three were McDonalds All Americans.
1981 Turner, Tolbert, Thomas. All McDonald all Americans. 3 = national huge grin!

Bryant should have been and was a 5 star. Ask John Calipari
I think what hurt Bryant was his foot speed early. Crean made him a better player. We sure could use him. I heard an interview with Green on AJ Guytons podcast. He talked about how Creans player development was light years different than Miller’s. He said Miller’s practices where mostly just scrimmages.

You are wrong about "0" education.
The interview I heard with him a d his mother made it very clear that education was VERY high on his priorities. He wants to go in into business and plans on going to the Kelly School.

His parents are very smart, and so is he. However, the education part (KSB could have been ranked 1000 instead of 10th) of IU played 0 factor in his decision. It was 100% about the ability to help his game to get to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT