Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
NC St/Ash-10 vs NC/BRS-1
Ark/Rolo-3 vs Fla/Glor-1
Nw St/Satch-9 vs TxA&M-CC/a-l
Tex/TBL-3 vs Kan/Satch-1
Wis/Peegs-2 vs Oh St/Tunk-1

I still got 2 bullets left in the chamber.

It would take some luck (but I've had that lately), but I can still catch Rum for a tie for 7th.

The long shot is Nw St beating Tx A&M-CC. Tx A&M-CC was clearly the better team this year, and they beat Nw St handily at Nw St earlier. But this has been a weird tournament year so you never know.

I've had a great tournament run, but it's been tougher than hell moving up in the standings. Seems like everyone who was within reason of beating (Rum, Terry & Glor) have also had good touramnet runs. I did finally get past Glor, but he still has a shot at tieing me for 9th.

In the 6 years of the roto, I believe these are my finishes.

Year 1...Dead last (10 of 10)...Think I only won 78 games which is still record of futility.

Year 2...Dead last (10 of 10) or next to last (9 of 10) depending which side you came down on the St. Bona forfeit controversey. Believe I got about 84 wins.

Year 3...Finished 5th of 12. Had a strong tournament run that year too and ended up with 103 wins. I could have been a contender but MAC favorite N.Ill killed me by getting only 5 wins as an early 2nd round pick. This was the only year where I got good support from my 8-10 round teams.

Year 4...Finished 10th of 13 with 99 wins. That sounds worse than what it was. That was the year BRS won, and 10 of us were knotted up within a couple wins of the league very late in the year. I actually was in 3rd and in great shape, but I had a horrible collapse late. In terms of wins I was probably closer to 1st than 11th.

Year 5...Finished llth of 14. I forget how many wins but it must have been close to 90.

So it would be nice to get 7th or 8th. That would be only my 2nd non lower division finish. Even 9th would avoid another double digit finish. I've only had one that wasn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT