ADVERTISEMENT

#21 IU closes hosting Rutgers (BTN on Friday & Saturday)

Statistically, they have their best pitcher going tonight. He's holding hitters to a .189 batting average. I would hope our batters would be patient and try to work up the pitch count to get to the relievers.

Rutgers has 3 nice SPs, the one last night having the worst stats of the 3.

That's basically all that RU has, but it's enough to nearly be a .500 BT team. I did notice that their relievers, although they are quite mediocre, don't give up many HRs. The entire staff has only given up 19 all year.

Their O is pathetic.....238 BA with 15 HRs. Our pitchers need to throw strikes first and foremost.

15 HRs for the year? It seemed like every cat that stepped to the plate had 0 home runs and 12-17 runs batted in. How do they win games like that? And why do I feel like we were kinda lucky to win after their 4 run inning?

15 HRs for the year? It seemed like every cat that stepped to the plate had 0 home runs and 12-17 runs batted in. How do they win games like that? And why do I feel like we were kinda lucky to win after their 4 run inning?

I'm concerned about that game tonight

I know nothing about the Murray kid at all other than his stats, but they are quite good.

2.31 era, .189 BA against, 78 Ks in 66 innings. Has only given up 2 HRs in 66 innings.

He does have 32 BBs & 12 HBs......so he sounds like a guy who throws hard, is not afraid to pitch inside, and can be effectively wild.

edit: Went and looked at his RU bio......he's a 6'6" 215 lbs lefty.....looks like he generally pitches about 6 innings.

Really looks like we've going to have to be competitive but also patient at the plate....try to get his pitch count up and out of the game after 5/6.

Freaking lefties! We are such a left-handed heavy lineup, those dudes always seem to give us more trouble than righties. Another thing I hope to see the staff address in future recruiting classes. It sure would be nice if we had more flexibility to throw a right-handed dominant lineup or a left-handed hitting lineup based on who's pitching.

I really thought last night's starter pitched a pretty effective game until Lloyd unloaded for that bomb in the 6th. Hard to say a guy that gave up 7 in 5 2/3 was good, but he kept us at bay more often than not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT