ADVERTISEMENT

20'9" instead of this international garbage.

Jan 16, 2020
Sick of the boring, low scoring games prevalent in college basketball this year. Improved defensive techniques are not responsible. Cut the crap and move the line back to 20'9" next year. You are boring your audience and screwing your greedy selves out of viewership and eventually revenues when the companies negotiate advertising rates based on # of viewers.

Or, and hear me out, teams could stop shooting so many bad 3's and take advantage of the post and mid range? I guess it wouldn't have helped IU last night as you have to make a few to stretch out the D when they just pack it in the post, but....even in the pros the offenses are too reliant on 3's.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Or, and hear me out, teams could stop shooting so many bad 3's and take advantage of the post and mid range? I guess it wouldn't have helped IU last night as you have to make a few to stretch out the D when they just pack it in the post, but....even in the pros the offenses are too reliant on 3's.
Or just hit the open shot ...

Sick of the boring, low scoring games prevalent in college basketball this year. Improved defensive techniques are not responsible. Cut the crap and move the line back to 20'9" next year. You are boring your audience and screwing your greedy selves out of viewership and eventually revenues when the companies negotiate advertising rates based on # of viewers.

The line was too close before. It was a good change.

I have said this for a number of years. If I had a Son or a kid I was Coaching in High school who was 6'8 to 6'10' I would coach an Offense that never allowed them to receive a ball beyond the 3 point line unless it was a desperation situation. Chicks love the 3 pointer and the Dunk, and that's what the game has become. What is missing is the kid who can work across or up the lane, receive the ball in shooting position 8-17 feet from the basket and shoot in rhythm from that position. If that guy can take ten shots a game and make 5 or 6, pick up a couple of assists, rebound decently, and play some defense, he can play on my team any time.

Ya, teams haven't adjusted to the new difference and the decreased efficiency of the 3 making the mid-range jumper a better value. In time I think the shooting percentage will draw close to the old one. I like that it moves back from the high school line and is a mid-point (ish) to the NBA line.

I have said this for a number of years. If I had a Son or a kid I was Coaching in High school who was 6'8 to 6'10' I would coach an Offense that never allowed them to receive a ball beyond the 3 point line unless it was a desperation situation. Chicks love the 3 pointer and the Dunk, and that's what the game has become. What is missing is the kid who can work across or up the lane, receive the ball in shooting position 8-17 feet from the basket and shoot in rhythm from that position. If that guy can take ten shots a game and make 5 or 6, pick up a couple of assists, rebound decently, and play some defense, he can play on my team any time.
Add the ability ability to shoot a jump hook and/or hook shot, and you've got something.

We had a player like you've just described years ago. And Kirk Haston was a pretty damned good player.

ADVERTISEMENT