ADVERTISEMENT

2025 non con schedule finalized

I hate for the schedule of nonconference games to be so easy outside of Louisville. There needs to be some balance between too easy and opponents that make you work for wins. I hope IU is past the level of worrying about a win against Indiana State level schools.

I hate for the schedule of nonconference games to be so easy outside of Louisville. There needs to be some balance between too easy and opponents that make you work for wins. I hope IU is past the level of worrying about a win against Indiana State level schools.
I respect your opinion, vesu, but I don't see the benefit in taking lumps against non-conference powerhouses year after year. We play Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State every season. That's a murderer's row right there. Why make it worse? And all the elite P5 teams schedule at least some soft OOC opponents.

That said, we do have a huge OOC game this year against Cincinnati, the Louisville game will be a great matchup in '25, and we recently scheduled a home-and-home with Notre Dame (although those games are still many years away). And if we keep qualifying for post-season play, we'll face a very good OOC opponent in a bowl game (or the CFP??!!) every year.

What I would like to see every year is seven home games, which I know can be tough in years (like this year) when we've got only 4 conference home games.

being in the big ten east, we never have to worry about strength of schedule.

should rake in the dough having so many home games.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I respect your opinion, vesu, but I don't see the benefit in taking lumps against non-conference powerhouses year after year. We play Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State every season. That's a murderer's row right there. Why make it worse? And all the elite P5 teams schedule at least some soft OOC opponents.

That said, we do have a huge OOC game this year against Cincinnati, the Louisville game will be a great matchup in '25, and we recently scheduled a home-and-home with Notre Dame (although those games are still many years away). And if we keep qualifying for post-season play, we'll face a very good OOC opponent in a bowl game (or the CFP??!!) every year.

What I would like to see every year is seven home games, which I know can be tough in years (like this year) when we've got only 4 conference home games.
I am not suggesting playing powerhouses in the out of conference but better opponents than Dominion or ISU.

I suggest we play 3 OOC home games each and every year. A 9 game B1G schedule is tough enough.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m perfectly content with one test and two cupcakes. The B1G is brutal enough.

I’m perfectly content with one test and two cupcakes. The B1G is brutal enough.
100%

Ohio State usually goes the marquee + 2 G5 non-con route. If that's the cream of the B1G, I can't see any reason for IU to schedule equal to or harder than that at this time. Someday, but not yet. IU is moving comfortably from the "3 cupcakes route" to the "1 challenge, 1 game as a the strong favorite, and 1 cupcake" route. With the ND games on the schedule they're clearly looking to move to the Marquee + 2 easier games model. Even if those easier games end up being Ind. St. or Ball St. every year.

OSU non-cons:
2021 - Oregon, Tulsa, & Akron
2022 - Notre Dame, Arkansas St., Toledo
2023 - San Jose St., W. Ky, Notre Dame
2024 - Southern Miss., Washington, <open>
2025 - Texas, Washington, UCONN only year w/ 2 "big" names

ADVERTISEMENT