ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Denzel Moore......

His decommitment was announced on this site by Peegs staff, which said it came via Instagram.
I just checked his Instagram, saw it there, and was coming back to post that here.

I didn’t see it on this (Rivals) site yet. I’m not subscribed to Peegs. Thanks.

Edit: See it now on the premium board. Looks like it was posted about the same time as my first post.

I've never put much stock in commitments from kids who won't be out of high school for two more years.

Considering this young man lives far from Indiana and has no connection to IU, that I've seeen, made me think from the beginning that this commitment would probably change. Hopefully he'll come back but I won't be going to Vegas on it.

Why is this not a shocker? What did I miss?
You didn’t miss anything, it’s just recruiting. When players commit that far in advance, rarely does it hold up without second thoughts. You can count on the fact he has a bunch of people in his ear about what he should or shouldn’t do, and you have to remember, these are kids.
The staff was not surprised and they will continue to recruit him, that said, it seems they usually end up somewhere else once they decommit. I hope for his sake his next commitment is his last, wherever it ends up being, wish him the best.

I've never put much stock in commitments from kids who won't be out of high school for two more years.

Considering this young man lives far from Indiana and has no connection to IU, that I've seeen, made me think from the beginning that this commitment would probably change. Hopefully he'll come back but I won't be going to Vegas on it.

I was concerned about it because he was such a 'true believer'. Those are usually pretty unpredictable/irrational......see the Water Cooler for many examples.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I was concerned about it because he was such a 'true believer'. Those are usually pretty unpredictable/irrational......see the Water Cooler for many examples.
That seems to be true. Whether it is football or basketball, the biggest “recruiter /player” are the ones who indicate they are trying to sway other recruits to come to IU and within a couple years, they bail.

Think he is still taking a visit to IU, so don’t think he’s burned tthe bridge, just letting himself take visits. I don’t blame Hine for that, just wish he held off committing the first time. It if he ultimately ends up at IU, I still welcome him!

Think he is still taking a visit to IU, so don’t think he’s burned tthe bridge, just letting himself take visits. I don’t blame Hine for that, just wish he held off committing the first time. It if he ultimately ends up at IU, I still welcome him!
I hope when he visits he finds he made the right choice and chooses IU as his team to play for.

Anyone who can't or is barely of Legal Age to hold a Driver's License, shouldn't be committing to anything 2 Years down the road in their life. They just don't have enough life experience to make that kind of decision.

I'm sure this Kid is a can't miss prospect and will do well wherever he goes. But you are talking about rating a kid who has 2 more years of high school football. Maybe he doesn't progress and a kid who is now a 2 Star Prospect is a better Player than Him in two years. Maybe he incurs a serious injury that requires Him to give up football. You just don't know.

Maybe he gets bitten by a spider and becomes a superhero :).

Yea, I don't think anyone should verbal until at least the start of their junior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT