ADVERTISEMENT

2022 IU Football Recruiting Thread

I've added him to the list. Rivals has him as a 6'2" S, Rivals as a CB. 175 lbs on both. #17 in TN by 247, #19 by Rivals. Rated 5.7 by Rivals. Has an amazing offer list, including most SEC schools.

I've also added Zach Chalmers, a 6'4" WR from Newberry SC. 247 also lists him as ATH. #10 in SC by 247, #13 by Rivals, although his offer list isn't nearly as impressive as Lewis....basically IU, Duke, Kansas, Wake, VA as best offers.

Also, Tommy McIntosh, a 6'4" 200 lbs WR out of Dewitt, Michigan. IVY League smart, best football offers IU, Cincy, Vandy. Also played S in HS. #30 247 in Michigan. Watched his highlights. Tall. Sneaky fast although somewhat lumbering. Didn't read the article, but looks like a guy who could grow into a TE in college.

Of other interest: Peggs site says IU has TE Brody Foley out of the Cincy area as a priority. 6'6" 230 lbs guy
#16 rated in OH by Rivals. Would love IU to het him.

Also, Denzel Moore, a 6'2" 220 lbs OLB in the 2023 class is a big wildcard. 247 doesn't rate 2023 yet but he looks like a 4 or 5* guy. Says IU & FSU are leading. He's very high on IU. Very religious kid.

Unless something changes at the last minute, I think we get Moore later this month.

Unless something changes at the last minute, I think we get Moore later this month.
There was an article from about a month ago where Moore indicated him and two other high ranked defensive players would be a package deal.
Do you get the sense that if we get Moore he could pull in the other two?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Another example of “trust the coaching staff evaluation skills?” See offer list of the WR offered from MI McIntosh:

In addition to the Hoosiers, McIntosh has offers from the following: Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Toledo, Buffalo, Western Michigan, Kent State, Columbia, Yale, Penn, Princeton, Miami (OH), Bowling Green, Air Force, Cincinnati, Eastern Kentucky, Vanderbilt andHarvard.

McIntosh is 6’4 and it was posted above maybe they see him as a future TE? That’s fine and makes sense.

But when You have a Top 15 program right now, it can give you pause when you see a list like that, but if they feel confident then who is anyone outside the program to judge if truly haven’t studied him?
Will keep the faith they know what they want, what they see and that they in their minds are recruiting only those who they think could help them win a B10 or National championship level team ahead.

If we get Moore in the next month or so, wouldn't that be the earliest we have ever gotten a recruit given he is class of 2023?

If he chooses IU, then probably not going to be rated a 5 star.

If we get Moore in the next month or so, wouldn't that be the earliest we have ever gotten a recruit given he is class of 2023?

If he chooses IU, then probably not going to be rated a 5 star.
Probably true his rating could drop , but also this is a different IU program . I think those out there who do the ratings might look at guys we recruit , and how our program is improving , and not just dump on then like in the past .

There was an article from about a month ago where Moore indicated him and two other high ranked defensive players would be a package deal.
Do you get the sense that if we get Moore he could pull in the other two?

I don't think so.

I think the other two are pretty set on Florida State.

Another example of “trust the coaching staff evaluation skills?” See offer list of the WR offered from MI McIntosh:

In addition to the Hoosiers, McIntosh has offers from the following: Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Toledo, Buffalo, Western Michigan, Kent State, Columbia, Yale, Penn, Princeton, Miami (OH), Bowling Green, Air Force, Cincinnati, Eastern Kentucky, Vanderbilt andHarvard.

McIntosh is 6’4 and it was posted above maybe they see him as a future TE? That’s fine and makes sense.

But when You have a Top 15 program right now, it can give you pause when you see a list like that, but if they feel confident then who is anyone outside the program to judge if truly haven’t studied him?
Will keep the faith they know what they want, what they see and that they in their minds are recruiting only those who they think could help them win a B10 or National championship level team ahead.
Dude, it gives me no pause. We’re after a ton of highly ranked players. But that doesn’t mean the staff isn’t going to go after guys that they may like more than the scouting sites. I think this staff has beyond proven that they can evaluate and develop talent.

Look at Fryfogles rating and offers coming out of high school. Look at Whop's rating and offers. They are both arguably our two best wide receivers the last two years and they weren't even three star players.

This staff knows how to identify players and develop them.

Dude, it gives me no pause. We’re after a ton of highly ranked players. But that doesn’t mean the staff isn’t going to go after guys that they may like more than the scouting sites. I think this staff has beyond proven that they can evaluate and develop talent.
I'd also throw out that it's got to be hard for IU to recruit TEs right now. That's a really full position group and with the pass-heavy orientation of offense, I don't imagine there's going to be a ton of playing time potential that can even remotely be dangled. Going under the radar to find a relatively slow WR that has the frame and can put on the weight might be the best chance of getting someone they can develop into a gamer vs. a position group like DL where you could be a stud and contribute (if not necessarily be a key player) from day 1.

I'd also throw out that it's got to be hard for IU to recruit TEs right now. That's a really full position group and with the pass-heavy orientation of offense, I don't imagine there's going to be a ton of playing time potential that can even remotely be dangled. Going under the radar to find a relatively slow WR that has the frame and can put on the weight might be the best chance of getting someone they can develop into a gamer vs. a position group like DL where you could be a stud and contribute (if not necessarily be a key player) from day 1.

I agree we have bodies there, and maybe the "slow WR" is still a very respectable speed for a TE. So if the plan to develop someone like him as a TE is a good 1-2 yr plan/process, if they think he has the long term tools to do it and play well at D1 level, I trust the coaches for sure and fine with it.

But c'mon, surely we all don't think IU is going to forever find the 2-star diamond's in the rough forever, when they could also potentially sign a 3-4 star TE who wants to come play at IU. I'm not solely focused on ratings, but think IU can start being in the mix for legit 4-stars ahead, and if so, hope we can land a few of those too. But if Tom Allen thinks he/staff can uncover the gems that other big programs may not see who can also truly keep IU in top tier of B10, more power to them. But some of the 4-star guys (like Caden at Center Grove or the Brebuef DL) are legit players who IU wants. I'm excited for when we get more of those and yes, can still take the big bodies, great athletes/semi-sleepers that the staff believes in too (and who WANT to be at IU!)

I agree we have bodies there, and maybe the "slow WR" is still a very respectable speed for a TE. So if the plan to develop someone like him as a TE is a good 1-2 yr plan/process, if they think he has the long term tools to do it and play well at D1 level, I trust the coaches for sure and fine with it.

But c'mon, surely we all don't think IU is going to forever find the 2-star diamond's in the rough forever, when they could also potentially sign a 3-4 star TE who wants to come play at IU. I'm not solely focused on ratings, but think IU can start being in the mix for legit 4-stars ahead, and if so, hope we can land a few of those too. But if Tom Allen thinks he/staff can uncover the gems that other big programs may not see who can also truly keep IU in top tier of B10, more power to them. But some of the 4-star guys (like Caden at Center Grove or the Brebuef DL) are legit players who IU wants. I'm excited for when we get more of those and yes, can still take the big bodies, great athletes/semi-sleepers that the staff believes in too (and who WANT to be at IU!)
I agree 100%.

I was only speaking about the TE maybe being harder to recruit when only 1 is regularly going to be on the field. Currently, we're stocked with:
Kham Taylor - Senior
Peyton Hendershot - RS JR (although if he returns to 2019 form he'll probably declare)
Matt Bjorson - JR
Ryan Barnes - RS SO walk-on
Trey Walker - RS FR walk-on
AJ Barner - FR
TJ Ivy - RS FR
Sam Daugstrup - FR walk-on (I think he was fairly highly rated before getting hurt in HS)

Going through the roster just now I see they switched Gary Cooper from TE to WR & I knew they had switched Caleb Murphy from TE back to DL, so maybe my point is less valid because my premise was that it was crowded with a lot of returning young scholarship players.

IU for sure needs to start landing some more big time talent (at least as evaluated) because they can't rely on putting together a team of Micah McFadden level over achievers.

Time to make a first stab at 2022 IU football recruiting. Rivals & Peegs both have offer lists. This list is intended to be a condensed version of guys I feel IU has a legit shot at. That's pretty much a guess at this point on the out-of-staters.

Again, I know only what I've read on-line---no personal knowledge. The comments about who 'leads', initially, are all from the 247 site. IU offers of Indiana players ranked by 247 & Rivals are noted as such.

Unfortunately, we've already lost out on some top Indiana prospects. #3 247 & Rivals OT Joey Tanona is a ND commit; #5/2 QB Brady Allen is a Purdue commit; Also, #1/1 DT Caden Curry & #2/6 OT Kiyaunta Goodwin are OSU leans.

I'd welcome comments about additions and deletions. Also, errors.

So here goes: (82 as of 3/14/21)

--Kaiden Turner, ILB, Fayetteville, ARK, 6'2" 218 lbs, #18 247 ARK....committed to IU
--Eian Pugh XX, WR, Oak Park, ILL, 6'4" 176 lbs, #7 R, #11 247 ILL...committed to Cincy
--Tayven Jackson XX, QB, Greenwood, IN, 6'5" 185 lbs, #9 R, #9 247 IN.....IU not in top 9
--Chad Mascoe, QB, Kissimmee, FL, 6'0" 220 lbs, AUB, FL, IU lead, #58 R, #107 247 FL
--Mekhi Lynn, QB, Cincy, OH, 6'2" 180 lbs, #36 R, #16 247 OH
--Gi'Bran Payne, TB, Cincy, OH, 5'10" 190 lbs, #7 R, #7 247 OH....IU not in top 5
--Jawaun Northington, TB, Louisville, KY, 5'11" 195 lbs, #14 247 KY
--D'shawn Trowers, TB, Hialeah, FL, 5'9" 197 lbs, #132 247 FL
--Jaylen Jennings, TB, Columbus, OH, 5'11" 185 lbs
--Eden James, TB, Miami, FL, 5'10" 180 lbs
--Omar Cooper, WR, Indy, IN, 6'1" 170 lbs, #7 R, #6 247 IN
--Matthew Golden, WR, Houston, TX, 6'1" 190 lbs, #90 R, #47 247 TX
--Tay'shawn Trent, WR, Eastpointe, MI, 6'4" 205 lbs, #5 R, #14 247 MI
--Rian Black, WR, Rockledge, FL, 6'0" 188 lbs, #57 247 FL
--Keslon Jackson, WR, Lake Charles, LA, 6'0" 170 lbs, #36 247 LA...IU, OK State, S. Alabama lead
--Jay Fair, Rockwall, WR, Rockwall, TX, 5'11" 177 lbs, #85 R TX,#50 247 TX...IU in top 5, not in top 2
--Jaylen Ward, WR, Birmingham AL, 6'2" 190 lbs, #25 R, #28 247 GA...IU & GT best offers
--Kody Finley, WR, Ponchatoula, LA, 6'4" 180 lbs, #45 247 LA..IU, KU & Memphis best offers
--Zaylan Reese, WR, Miami, FL, 6'1" 190 lbs, #131 247 FL...IU & Marshall best offers
--Greg Gaines III, WR, Tampa Bay, FL, 6'2" 185 lbs, #26 R, #47 247 FL
--Rodney Harris, WR, Cincy, OH, 6'3" 195 lbs, #28 R, #41 247 OH
--Shawn Miller, WR, Bradenton, FL, 6'1" 190 lbs, #61 R, #52 247 FL...IU, AZ, ILL, Miami, WVU lead
--Jaron Glover, WR, Sarasota, FL, 6'3" 180 lbs, IU, MSU, Wake, WV best offers
--Camden Brown, WR, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 6'3" 190 lbs, #93 R, #87 247 FL
--Zach Chalmers, WR/ATH, Newberry, SC, 6'4" 200 lbs, #13 R, #10 247 SC, IU, Duke, KU, VA, Wake offers
--Jacolby Spells, WR/ATH, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 5'11" 170 lbs, #82 R, #29 247 FL, #236 nat. 247
--Tommy McIntosh, WR, Dewitt, MI, 6'4" 200 lbs, #30 247 MI, IU, Vandy, Cincy best offers
--Jason Sanchez, WR/CB, Jersey City, NJ, 6'1" 190 lbs
--Jeffrey Simmons, TE, Fishers, IN, 6'6" 203 lbs
--Ryan Miller, TE, Kenston, OH, 6'6" 205 lbs. #17 R, #19 247 OH
--Brody Foley, TE, Cincy, OH, 6'6" 230 lbs, #21 R, #18 247 OH
--De'Cario Donaldson, TE, Miami, FL, 6'2" 215 lbs, #71 R, #85 247 FL
--Kiyaunta Goodwin, OT, Charlestown, IN, 6'7" 300 lbs, #6 R, #7 247 IN...OSU leads
--Keylen Davis, OT, Indy, IN, 6'4" 280 lbs, #11 247
--Landen Livingston, OT, Leo, IN, 6'4" 280 lbs, #10 R, #12 247 IN
--Shomar Seymour, OT, Plantation, FL, 6'5" 262 lbs, #109 247 FL
--Carter Smith, OT, Powell, OH, 6'6" 250 lbs, #35 R, #24 247 OH
--Ashton Craig, OT, Lawrenceburg, IN, 6'5" 260 lbs, #16 247 IN
--Demon (DJ) Moore, G, Ft Wayne, IN, 6'4" 295 lbs, #4 R, #6 247 IN...ASU, IU, OSU, PSU lead
--Cameron Robertson, WDE, Plano, TX, 6'5" 220 lbs, #151 247 TX
--Popeye Williams, WDE, Westfield, IN, 6'3" 220 lbs, #8 R, #7 247 IN...MSU, PSU, WIS lead
--Jadairion Smith, WDE, Louisville, KY, 6'4" 220 lbs, #9 247 KY...IU, UL, BC, Cincy lead
--Mario Eugenio, WDE, Tampa Bay, FL, 6'3" 230 lbs, #29 R, #83 247 FL
--Maliek Bogard, WDE, Okmulgee, OK, 6'6" 210 lbs, #10 R, #13 247 OK
--Joe Strickland, SDE, Indy, IN, 6'4" 245 lbs, #5 R, #4 247 IN...IU, UM, PSU, PUR lead
--Aaron Wilson, SDE, Baltimore, MD, 6'2" 235 lbs, #4 R, #4 247 MD
--Zane Durant, SDE, Orlando, FL, 6'1" 240 lbs, #41 R, #64 247 FL...IU leads
--Joshua White, SDE, Cedar Grove, GA, 6'4" 240 lbs. #26 R, #42 247 GA
--Caden Curry, DE, Center Grove, IN, 6'5" 250 lbs, #1 R, #1 247 IN...OSU leads
--Christian Miller, DT, Cedar Grove, GA, 6'5" 285 lbs, #11 R, #16 247 GA...IU in top 4
--Robby Harrison, DT, Greenwood, SC, 6'3" 268 lbs, #19 247 SC...ASU, Cincy, IU best offers
--Jamari Lyons, DT, Melbourne, FL, 6'4" 295 lbs, #9 R, #28 247 FL, #210 nationally...IU & FL lead
--Tawfiq Thomas, DT, Tampa, FL, 6'4" 325 lbs, #144 247 FL...IU & UL best offers
--Aaron Bryant, DT, South Haven, MS, 6'4" 295 lbs, #17 247 MS
--Kaleb Artis, DT, Fresh Meadows, NY, 6'5" 270 lbs, #2 R, #2 247 NY
--Trevon McAlpine DT, Saraland, AL, 6'3" 280 lbs, #36 R, #21 247 AL...IU, Ark, Neb, Col best offers
--Terrance Brooks, LB, Plano TX, 6'0" 185 lbs, #21 R, #39 247 TX
--Edwin Kolenge, LB, Clearwater, FL, 6'3" 225 lbs
--Tray Brown, ILB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 6'0" 200 lbs, #120 247 FL
--Ty Anderson, ILB, Thomasville, GA, 6'0" 200 lbs, #70 R GA
--Antwaan Barham, ILB, Milan, TN, 6'2" 200 lbs, #36 247 TN
--Renel Troutman, ILB, Miami, FL, 6'0" 210 lbs
--Kyle Efford, ILB Dacula, GA, 6'1" 220 lbs, #90 R, #73 247 GA
--Kobe McCloud, ILB, Tampa, FL, 6'2" 222 lbs, #72 R, #124 247 FL
--Melvin Jordan, ILB/OLB St. Petersburg, FL, 6'0" 215 lbs, #24 R, #70 247 FL...IU in top 5
--Khalif Kemp, OLB, Washington, PA, 6'4" 205 lbs....IU, TN, Ole Miss, KU best offers
--Jared Badie, OLB, Orwego, ILL, 6'5" 212 lbs, #14 R, #13 247 ILL...IU leads
--Omar Graham, OLB, Ft Lauderdale, FL, 6'2" 225 lbs. #46 R, #96 247 FL
--Travious Lathan, OLB, Miami, FL, 6'2" 202 lbs, #50 R, #26 247 FL.....IU in top 7
--Trevell Mullen, CB, Pompano Beach, FL, 5'11" 150 lbs, #16 R, #33 247 FL...IU in top 5
--Kalen Carroll, CB, Brownsburg, IN, 6'1" 170 lbs, #10 247 IN
--Jalen Peoples, CB, Cedar Hill, TX, 6'0" 175 lbs, #80 R, #60 247 TX...IU in top 5
--Braxton Myers, CB, Plano, TX, 6' 0" 176 lbs
--James Monds III, CB, Fort Pierre, FL, 5'10" 177 lbs, #70 R, #121 247 FL...IU, Miami, MSU, MS St, Neb lead
--Nick Cull, CB, Donalsonville, GA, 6'1" 180 lbs, #44 247 GA...IU, GT, MN, Ole Miss best offers
--Jalen Lewis, S/CB, Haywood, TN, 6'2" 175 lbs, #19 R, #17 247 TN, #518 nat. 247, IU & OK lead
--Kamari Wilson, S, Bradenton, FL, 6'1" 195 lbs, #3 R, #8 247 FL
--Ashton Whitner, S, Greenville, SC, 5'11" 190 lbs, #22 247 SC
--Jourdan Thomas, S, Montgomery, AL, 6'2" 190 lbs #32 R. #27 247 AL
--Emory Floyd, S, Powder Sprigs, GA, 6'2" 165 lbs, #39 R, #50 247 GA, #455 nationally...IU & GA lead
--Carl Fauntroy, S, Spanish Fort, AL, 6'1" 175 lbs, IU presently in top 3
--Websley Etienne, S, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 5'11" 173 lbs, #143 247 FL...IU, UK, Syr, Utah best offers

I've added 5 more names to the list....nice looking prospects all. I'm now at 82, which is probably 1/4 or 1/5 of all offers out there.

Last year I think I had 25-30 tops, in comparison.

New guys listed:

--Jacolby Spells, 5'11" 170 lbs WR/ATH from Ft. Lauderdale. Big difference between Rivals and 247 right now on him, Rivals has him at #82 in FL. 247 has him #29 in FL & #236 nationally. IU is in top 5.

--Travious Lathan, 6'2" 202 lbs, OLB from Miami. #26 in FL by 247, #50 by Rivals. IU in top 7.

--Camden Brown, 6'3" 190 lbs, WR from Ft. Lauderdale. #87 247, #93 Rivals in FL.

--Trevon McAlpine, 6'3" 280 lbs DT from Saraland, AL. #21 247, #36 Rivals in AL.

--Kaleb Artis, 6'3" 270 lb DT from Fresh Meadows, NY. #2 247, #2 Rivals in NY.

I agree 100%.

I was only speaking about the TE maybe being harder to recruit when only 1 is regularly going to be on the field. Currently, we're stocked with:
Kham Taylor - Senior
Peyton Hendershot - RS JR (although if he returns to 2019 form he'll probably declare)
Matt Bjorson - JR
Ryan Barnes - RS SO walk-on
Trey Walker - RS FR walk-on
AJ Barner - FR
TJ Ivy - RS FR
Sam Daugstrup - FR walk-on (I think he was fairly highly rated before getting hurt in HS)

Going through the roster just now I see they switched Gary Cooper from TE to WR & I knew they had switched Caleb Murphy from TE back to DL, so maybe my point is less valid because my premise was that it was crowded with a lot of returning young scholarship players.

IU for sure needs to start landing some more big time talent (at least as evaluated) because they can't rely on putting together a team of Micah McFadden level over achievers.

I don't agree with this at all. We don't run multiple tight end sets a lot, but we do run them with Hendershot and Bjorson in there at the same time.

And I don't think we have trouble recruiting tight ends at all. We've gotten Steinfeldt, Barner, Cooper, Ivey and Bjorson the last five years. Cooper hasn't worked out and has moved to receiver and Ivey was hurt I believe last year.

I'm fairly certain we're sitting pretty good with a couple good tight end prospects currently. Brody Fooley being one of them. We'll get someone that can come in and give us good contributions.

Tight end recruiting hasn't been a problem for us in the least.

I don't agree with this at all. We don't run multiple tight end sets a lot, but we do run them with Hendershot and Bjorson in there at the same time.

And I don't think we have trouble recruiting tight ends at all. We've gotten Steinfeldt, Barner, Cooper, Ivey and Bjorson the last five years. Cooper hasn't worked out and has moved to receiver and Ivey was hurt I believe last year.

I'm fairly certain we're sitting pretty good with a couple good tight end prospects currently. Brody Fooley being one of them. We'll get someone that can come in and give us good contributions.

Tight end recruiting hasn't been a problem for us in the least.
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying IU hasn't recruited TE well, I'm saying the exact opposite. They've got a room full of really good TE players or prospects. But that's my reasoning why they might have a hard time recruiting a big time TE target this year, because the cupboard is so full. It's the same reason I wouldn't expect IU to land two 4* QB recruits in '22.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying IU hasn't recruited TE well, I'm saying the exact opposite. They've got a room full of really good TE players or prospects. But that's my reasoning why they might have a hard time recruiting a big time TE target this year, because the cupboard is so full. It's the same reason I wouldn't expect IU to land two 4* QB recruits in '22.

Apologies. Totally misunderstood.

I don't think quarterback recruiting is any harder than other positions. We've now got Penix, Tuttle and McCulley coming in all ranked as former four stars with Dexter Williams getting good reviews from coaches. Dexter was brought on by coach Deboard, so I think he can play and McCulley is coming on as the highest ranked commit in the rivals era for us with two redshirt juniors ahead of him so he could possibly have to sit a minimum of two years.

It's not any different then other positions on the team. Generally we have players in the program that are ready to step up if we have turn over, but kids now think they can come in and contribute. That's what we need, kids with that kind of attitude and confidence.

CTA is building something special here. It's not all about stars with him. It's about culture and fit. I'd the kid doesn't fit with the culture and team, he's not gonna be brought on. I love that about the way he's doing things and the kids have really bought into it.

Time to make a first stab at 2022 IU football recruiting. Rivals & Peegs both have offer lists. This list is intended to be a condensed version of guys I feel IU has a legit shot at. That's pretty much a guess at this point on the out-of-staters.

Again, I know only what I've read on-line---no personal knowledge. The comments about who 'leads', initially, are all from the 247 site. IU offers of Indiana players ranked by 247 & Rivals are noted as such.

Unfortunately, we've already lost out on some top Indiana prospects. #3 247 & Rivals OT Joey Tanona is a ND commit; #5/2 QB Brady Allen is a Purdue commit; Also, #1/1 DT Caden Curry & #2/6 OT Kiyaunta Goodwin are OSU leans.

So here goes: (90 as of 3/22/21)

--Kaiden Turner, ILB, Fayetteville, ARK, 6'2" 218 lbs, #18 247 ARK....committed to IU
--Eian Pugh XX, WR, Oak Park, ILL, 6'4" 176 lbs, #7 R, #11 247 ILL...committed to Cincy
--Tayven Jackson XX, QB, Greenwood, IN, 6'5" 185 lbs, #9 R, #9 247 IN.....IU not in top 9
--Chad Mascoe, QB, Kissimmee, FL, 6'0" 220 lbs, AUB, FL, IU lead, #58 R, #107 247 FL
--Gi'Bran Payne, TB, Cincy, OH, 5'10" 190 lbs, #7 R, #7 247 OH....IU not in top 5
--Eden James, TB, Miami, FL, 5'10" 180 lbs
--Keslon Jackson, WR, Lake Charles, LA, 6'0" 170 lbs, #36 247 LA...IU, OK State, S. Alabama lead
--Jay Fair, Rockwall, WR, Rockwall, TX, 5'11" 177 lbs, #85 R TX,#50 247 TX...IU in top 5, not in top 2
--Jaylen Ward, WR, Birmingham AL, 6'2" 190 lbs, #25 R, #28 247 GA...IU & GT best offers
--Kody Finley, WR, Ponchatoula, LA, 6'4" 180 lbs, #45 247 LA..IU, KU & Memphis best offers
--Zaylan Reese, WR, Miami, FL, 6'1" 190 lbs, #131 247 FL...IU & Marshall best offers
--Shawn Miller, WR, Bradenton, FL, 6'1" 190 lbs, #61 R, #52 247 FL...IU, AZ, ILL, Miami, WVU lead
--Zach Chalmers, WR/ATH, Newberry, SC, 6'4" 200 lbs, #13 R, #10 247 SC, IU, Duke, KU, VA, Wake offers
--Jacolby Spells, WR/ATH, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 5'11" 170 lbs, #82 R, #29 247 FL, #236 nat. 247
--Tommy McIntosh, WR, Dewitt, MI, 6'4" 200 lbs, #30 247 MI, IU, Vandy, Cincy best offers
--Kiyaunta Goodwin, OT, Charlestown, IN, 6'7" 300 lbs, #6 R, #7 247 IN...OSU leads
--Tyler Gibson, OT, Alpharetta, GA, 6'5" 290 lbs, #35 R, #62 GA
--Isiah Montgomery, OT, Virginis Beach, VA, 6'5" 280 lbs, #18 R, #30 247 VA...IU, Pitt, Virg, MD lead
--Demon (DJ) Moore, G, Ft Wayne, IN, 6'4" 295 lbs, #4 R, #6 247 IN...ASU, IU, OSU, PSU lead
--Jackson Pruitt, Detroit, MI, 6'5" 285 lbs, #24 R, #22 247 MI
--Popeye Williams, WDE, Westfield, IN, 6'3" 220 lbs, #8 R, #7 247 IN...MSU, PSU, WIS lead
--Jadairion Smith, WDE, Louisville, KY, 6'4" 220 lbs, #9 247 KY...IU, UL, BC, Cincy lead
--Maliek Bogard, WDE, Okmulgee, OK, 6'6" 210 lbs, #10 R, #13 247 OK
--Joe Strickland, SDE, Indy, IN, 6'4" 245 lbs, #5 R, #4 247 IN...IU, UM, PSU, PUR lead
--Robert Thomas, SDE, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 6'2" 240 lbs, #52 R, #60 247 FL.....IU, FSU lead
--Christian Miller, DT, Cedar Grove, GA, 6'5" 285 lbs, #11 R, #16 247 GA...IU in top 4
--Robby Harrison, DT, Greenwood, SC, 6'3" 268 lbs, #19 247 SC...ASU, Cincy, IU best offers
--Jamari Lyons, DT, Melbourne, FL, 6'4" 295 lbs, #9 R, #28 247 FL, #210 nationally...IU & FL lead
--Trevon McAlpine DT, Saraland, AL, 6'3" 280 lbs, #36 R, #21 247 AL...IU, Ark, Neb, Col best offers
--Edwin Kolenge, LB, Clearwater, FL, 6'3" 225 lbs....will visit in June
--Melvin Jordan, ILB/OLB St. Petersburg, FL, 6'0" 215 lbs, #24 R, #70 247 FL...IU in top 5
--Mekhi Mason, ILB/OLB, Opa Locka, FL, 6'2" 220 lbs, NR R, #112 247 FL
--Khalif Kemp, OLB, Washington, PA, 6'4" 205 lbs....IU, TN, Ole Miss, KU best offers
--Travious Lathan, OLB, Miami, FL, 6'2" 202 lbs, #50 R, #26 247 FL.....IU in top 7
--Trevell Mullen, CB, Pompano Beach, FL, 5'11" 150 lbs, #16 R, #33 247 FL...IU in top 5
--Jalen Peoples, CB, Cedar Hill, TX, 6'0" 175 lbs, #80 R, #60 247 TX...IU in top 5
--Rodney Johnson, Gasden, AL, CB, 6'0" 170 lbs...IU is 1st P5 offer
--Jordan Allen, Lafayette, LA, CB, 6'0" 182 lbs, #20 R, #18 247 LA
--James Monds III, CB, Fort Pierre, FL, 5'10" 177 lbs, #70 R, #121 247 FL...IU, Miami, MSU, MS St, Neb lead
--Nick Cull, CB, Donalsonville, GA, 6'1" 180 lbs, #44 247 GA...IU, GT, MN, Ole Miss best offers
--Alexi Afari, CB/ATH, W. Chester, OH, 6'2" 195 lbs, #12 R. #15 247 OH...IU in top 6
--Jalen Lewis, S/CB, Haywood, TN, 6'2" 175 lbs, #19 R, #17 247 TN, #518 nat. 247, IU & OK lead
--Emory Floyd, S, Powder Sprigs, GA, 6'2" 165 lbs, #39 R, #50 247 GA, #455 nationally...IU & GA lead
--Websley Etienne, S, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 5'11" 173 lbs, #143 247 FL...IU, UK, Syr, Utah best offers

I've added:

--Alexi Afari, W. Chester, OH, 6'2" 195 lbs, ATH/CB, #12 R, #15 247 OH, IU in top 6
--Tyker Gibson, Alpharetta, GA, 6'5" 280 lbs, OT, #35 R, #64 247 GA...FSU, IU, Miss ST, VA lead
--Isaiah Montgomery, Virginia Beach, VA, 6'5" 280 lbs, OT, #18 R, #30 247 VA...IU, Pitt, VA, MD lead
--Richard Thomas, Ft. Lauderdale, SDE, 6'2" 240 lbs, #52 R, #60 247 FL...IU & FSU lead, will visit in June
--Jackson Pruitt, Detroit, MI, G, 6'5" 285 lbs, #24 R, #22 247 MI
--Mekhi Mason, Opa Locka, FL, ILB/OLB, 6'2" 220 lbs, NR R, #112 247 FL
--Rodney Johnson, Gasden, AL, CB, 6'0" 170 lbs, IU first P5 offer

Three other matters of interest:

--CB pick for IU on WR Omar Cooper
--6'2" 255 lbs SDE Julian Kameristy, out of Chicago, then IMG Academy, will walk-on in '21. Sorry if this has been posted and I missed it.
--Florida LB Edwin Kolenge will visit in June...IU seems to be in a good spot with him.

Last edited:

So here goes: (94 as of 3/25/21)

--Denzel Moore, OLB, Suwanee, GA, 6'2" 230 lbs...2023 commit to IU
--Chad Mascoe, QB, Kissimmee, FL, 6'0" 220 lbs, #58 R, #107 247 FL, IU, FAU lead
--Eden James, TB, Miami, FL, 5'10" 180 lbs...IU, Miami, Wake best offers
--Jaylen Ward, WR, Birmingham AL, 6'2" 190 lbs, #25 R, #28 247 GA...IU, FSU, WV, C. Carolina, VT
--Jason Glover, WR, Sarasota, FL, 6'3" 180 lbs...IU, MSU, USF, C. Carolina, WV
--Tyler Gibson, OT, Alpharetta, GA, 6'5" 290 lbs, #35 R, #62 GA
--Isiah Montgomery, OT, Virginis Beach, VA, 6'5" 280 lbs, #18 R, #30 247 VA...IU, Pitt, Virg, MD lead
--Jackson Pruitt, Detroit, MI, 6'5" 285 lbs, #24 R, #22 247 MI
--Maliek Bogard, WDE, Okmulgee, OK, 6'6" 210 lbs, #10 R, #13 247 OK,,,,IU, Iowa St., Kan best offers
--Robert Thomas, SDE, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 6'2" 240 lbs, #52 R, #60 247 FL.....IU, FSU lead
--Edwin Kolenge, LB, Clearwater, FL, 6'3" 225 lbs.....will visit IU in June
--Mekhi Mason, ILB/OLB, Opa Locka, FL, 6'2" 220 lbs, NR R, #112 247 FL
--Iceberk Cave, Helena, AL, 6'2" 200 lbs, #35 R, #41 247 AL
--Rodney Johnson, Gasden, AL, CB, 6'0" 170 lbs...IU is 1st P5 offer
--Alexi Afari, CB/ATH, W. Chester, OH, 6'2" 195 lbs, #12 R. #15 247 OH...IU in top 6
--Ja'dais Richard, S, West Monroe, LA, 6'1" 185 lbs, #47 247 LA....IU only P5 offer

I've added Iceberk Cave, a 6'2" 200lbs OLB from Helena, AL,,,#35 Rivals, #41 27 in Alabama. GT, IU, Kan, Tenn & VA are his best offers. Also Ja'dais Richard, from West Monroe, LA. He's a 6'1" 185 lb S, #47 247 in LA. IU is his only P5 offer.

I'm listing 94 names. Peegs has us at 262 offers, Rivals 331.

Last edited:
Also, according to 247, we're starting to set up official visits. The following are supposedly scheduled....

June 13
DT - Jamari Lyons
CB - James Monds lll

June 18
WR - Jacoby Spells
DE - Richard Thomas
LB - Edwin Kolenge
CB - Trevell Mullen
LB - Mekhi Mason

June 25
WR - Greg Gaines
LB - Kaiden Turner
S - Jaylen Lewis

We've got some serious talent coming in.

Interesting note, Greg Gaines is from the same high school as Jonathan King and Michael Penix, so we've got a in there.

It's pretty obvious that we're looking to bring in several linebackers this class and several kids in the secondary.

This list will for sure change.

Also, according to 247, we're starting to set up official visits. The following are supposedly scheduled....

June 13
DT - Jamari Lyons
CB - James Monds lll

June 18
WR - Jacoby Spells
DE - Richard Thomas
LB - Edwin Kolenge
CB - Trevell Mullen
LB - Mekhi Mason

June 25
WR - Greg Gaines
LB - Kaiden Turner
S - Jaylen Lewis

We've got some serious talent coming in.

Interesting note, Greg Gaines is from the same high school as Jonathan King and Michael Penix, so we've got a in there.

It's pretty obvious that we're looking to bring in several linebackers this class and several kids in the secondary.

This list will for sure change.
WR also, I think. OL line list is looking better...don't know how many we'll take, but the prospects are solid.

That's an awesome list of visitors, for sure.

Have you heard anything concerning the Cincy kids--QB Lyons, WR Harris, TE Foley, or the Louisville kids--TB Northington & DE Smith?

WR also, I think. OL line list is looking better...don't know how many we'll take, but the prospects are solid.

That's an awesome list of visitors, for sure.

Have you heard anything concerning the Cincy kids--QB Lyons, WR Harris, TE Foley, or the Louisville kids--TB Northington & DE Smith?

I'm fairly certain that the tight end, Foley, is our number one target at tight end, but he's being targeted pretty hard by Kentucky. He really likes us though, so it'll be a battle.

As far as quarterback recruiting goes, I literally have zero idea who our priority is right now. I could see us getting involved with someone like Chase Harrison, but it may be a situation where they want to see kids throw before they make offers and a commitment from kids.

The other kids, I'm fairly certain are further down the list on the pecking order.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I wonder if the LB focus has to do with how the Bull/LB/Husky positions are evolving. It would make some sense to load up on a bunch of athletic OLB types. Depending on how their weight gain/game speed develops they can shift between that standup DE, traditional LB, or Husky.

Last edited:
I wonder if the LB focus has to do with how the Bull/LB/Husky positions are evolving. It would make some sense to load up on a bunch of athletic OLB types. Depending on how their weight gain/game speed develops they can shift between that standup DE, traditional LB, or Husky.

Coach Warren touched on the Bull position a little but, but he said that they will recruit different type of players for that position because of different scenarios. He said you could see us recruit linebackers and defensive ends both recruited for that spot.

At Husky, that is a bigger safety all the way. Freeman was recruited to play the Husky if that gives you any idea of the type of kid that we'll go after.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Covid lifting as warms up and more people getting shots daily. Feels now like sports will have a chance to get back to normalcy too. Hence IU and it's new staff additions can get going on the "new IU recruiting" ahead!

Another official set up... this one with safety Kye Stokes out of Florida. He's a wide receiver in the rivals database but we're recruiting him as a safety. Has some nice offers in Nebraska, Northwestern and Washington State.

Thanks, I'll add him.

Neither 247 nor Rivals ranks him in their Florida listings, but between 247 & Rivals, his offer list includes IU, Neb, NW, SYR, Vandy, Wash St., Duke, Kan St., Oregon, Wake. Fwiw, 247 says IU leads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT