ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Hoosier Undrafted Free Agents

I’m a little surprised that Ty got picked up before Peyton.
I‘d say (speculate) maybe the new WR Coach helped line up Ty Fryfogle a free agent deal (before) as it was more certain Ty would be a free agent. Peyton had a better shot to be drafted based on his combine result.

And this hit the wire while I was typing the sentences above.
It looks like Adam Henry, former Dallas Cowboys Coach, may have helped them both.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/peyton-hendershot-and-raheem-layne-sign-free-agent-nfl-deals/

Last edited:
Reactions: TMFT and vesuvius13
How much does an UDFA make? When does salary start?
Are all their expenses covered while at camp?
They get paid for any team activity (voluntary workouts, mini camp). If they make the 53 man roster it would be around $600k.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I think Raheem Layne‘s story is one of the more intriguing ones.

There were runs on receivers and DBs in this years draft.

Layne played behind 3 all Big 10 honorees 2 at cornerback and 1 at safety in his IU career.

Layne has game reps at both corner and safety. He may make a roster based on versatility.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't know Kramer's situation on whether he wants to continue playing football or not, but I would like to see him have a shot at one of the leagues if he wants to keep playing.

Reactions: 76-1
I don't know Kramer's situation on whether he wants to continue playing football or not, but I would like to see him have a shot at one of the leagues if he wants to keep playing.
I think his story, as good as it is, ends at being able to be a good player in the B1G. He might be able to hang around one of the other upstart leagues, but the money probably isn't worth it.

The kid should be an inspiration to all HS football players.

ADVERTISEMENT