ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Concerts/shows you are planning to see

I feel like I have paid attention; I don't ever recall you saying anything positve about any country artist and you didn't comment on any that I mentioned, which makes me think you're lumping all of them in your formulaic category? Well, and to clarify, I've seen you say positive things about Steve Earle, but I don't even think of him as country.
He thinks Tyler Childers is a pickup truck and beer Nashville clown. Sturgill Simpson too.

He sold his soul or something, but he ain’t using it.

Yeah, I saw BJ I think on that 2020 tour and I went primarily because the woman I was dating had tix and really wanted to go. I like BJ but don't listen to much of his music anymore and really didn't expect much. He was terrific then too. I haven't heard as good a comments about Elton's final tour and how he sounded and performed.
If I had tix to a BJ concert from my GF, you better believe I'm going!

kJpgVGk.jpg

Reactions: kkott
If I had tix to a BJ concert from my GF, you better believe I'm going!

kJpgVGk.jpg
well, the featured performer was a 70+ yo short male New Yorker, so knock yourself out!

That was one of the most frustrating women I've gone out with. Looks and body wise, maybe the hottest chick I've been out with post divorce, but she was just not very sexual. Ferrari body, but couldn't get her out of first gear. Think she was a NJ girl too (just Yankee down her!), but she had some annoying habits, like wearing 4" heels to a BJ concert at an outdoor stadium on a college campus where we had to park a mile away. Oh yeah, and small clear purse? Why? Cause they won't let you in, that's why!

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
I'm headed to see John Mulaney in late August. His Netflix specials are funny, so I'm looking forward to it.

I feel like I have paid attention; I don't ever recall you saying anything positve about any country artist and you didn't comment on any that I mentioned, which makes me think you're lumping all of them in your formulaic category? Well, and to clarify, I've seen you say positive things about Steve Earle, but I don't even think of him as country.
Then you didn't pay attention.

What do you want a f**king list?

Go to the water cooler, find the "music thread" and see how many country songs I posted and by which artists .. you'll see, maybe once you can identify what country is, that you're very wrong.

Reactions: sluggo69
He thinks Tyler Childers is a pickup truck and beer Nashville clown. Sturgill Simpson too.

He sold his soul or something, but he ain’t using it.
Monkey you wouldn't know a quarter note from your monkey ass ... and making up bullshit basically lying about what i believe only makes you a f**king liar..

Shows your true character, or glaring lack of it ..

I think they're both boring AF... that's my opinion. I'm allowed it..

Last edited:
Saw Billy Joel on Saturday @ Notre Dame. Tickets from my daughter back in 2020, concert was canceled twice. I like some of Joel’s songs, but wouldn’t consider myself a big fan. His show was awesome! Estimating 50,000+fans in the stadium. He played for 2 hours, in a suit and tie, at age 73😳
Me too.

Best part of that show was the cover of Elton's "Don't let the sun go down on me", then as the sun peeked through the clouds, Billy hums do do do do -- & his band starts playing "Here Comes the Sun" ... so he sings it!

Guy next to me who I don't know at all, turns and says "That wasn't planned, was it?"

Made even better by the fact a few songs before, He said he wasn't going to "Move Like Jagger" and the band knocks out the opening chords to "Brown Sugar" even Billy laughed.

I saw BJ both in '84 & '94 and he doesn't Rock like he did back then, but he did a really solid show & had enough nods to the Notre Dame community (opening with the victory march & putting Touchdown Jesus on the big screens during "Only the Good Die Young") that I was very glad I attended.

Me too.

Best part of that show was the cover of Elton's "Don't let the sun go down on me", then as the sun peeked through the clouds, Billy hums do do do do -- & his band starts playing "Here Comes the Sun" ... so he sings it!

Guy next to me who I don't know at all, turns and says "That wasn't planned, was it?"

Made even better by the fact a few songs before, He said he wasn't going to "Move Like Jagger" and the band knocks out the opening chords to "Brown Sugar" even Billy laughed.

I saw BJ both in '84 & '94 and he doesn't Rock like he did back then, but he did a really solid show & had enough nods to the Notre Dame community (opening with the victory march & putting Touchdown Jesus on the big screens during "Only the Good Die Young") that I was very glad I attended.
I've never seen him live, but have heard he puts on a good show.

That said, I'm getting more and more gun shy about buying tickets to these legendary acts in their 70s (and now 80s). I had an opportunity to buy McCartney tickets on his most recent tour and I'm not really regretting not going, even though I love Paul McCartney - and the Beatles in general.

He did do "I've Got A Feeling" on his recent tour and they played John Lennon's isolated vocal with him on the big screen so it was like Paul and John both were singing the song (scroll to the 2:18 mark to see the John part). I think that would have been cool to see:

Monkey you wouldn't know a quarter note from your monkey ass ... and making up bullshit basically lying about what i believe only makes you a f**king liar..

Shows your true character, or glaring lack of it ..

I think they're both boring AF... that's my opinion. I'm allowed it..
Tell us more about quarter notes.
Fascinating stuff.

you lost me at go to the water cooler!
Though i listen to anything real, a vast majority of what I listen to falls under the country umbrella. At least 3/4.. A vast majority of what country fans listen to is pop music with hillbilly instrumentation, using the same old tired ass lyrical hooks.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Saw Toad, Gin Blossoms, & Bare Naked Ladies last night in Indy. 2nd time seeing BNL, first time was after IU-OSU bowl game in 2007. Outdoor show on New Years Eve, if you had your game ticket, you got in for free.

Saw Toad, Gin Blossoms, & Bare Naked Ladies last night in Indy. 2nd time seeing BNL, first time was after IU-OSU bowl game in 2007. Outdoor show on New Years Eve, if you had your game ticket, you got in for free.
BNL is very entertaining. I feel like their set list at Red Rocks last week was too heavy on new stuff but they have fantastic personalities

I saw Whiskey Myers about a month ago in Raleigh. Pretty solid show, but it was a rainy night and the crowd was so rednecky it detracted from the show. They rocked more than I expected, and I enjoyed the music, but it wasn't the best environment between the rain, heat and crowd. I'd say a solid 7. Fast forward to this past Friday and I saw Drive By Truckers. Man, great show! Guys are probably all as old as me, but you can tell they still love to play and invest themselves in their performance. Rocked it hard for over 2 hours with no break. At the point when I was thinking, "man, they've got to end or take a break soon" and about 5 minutes into what wound up being their last song, the 2 front guys who both played guitar and sang, (probably 70/30 to Mike Cooley, who I think of as "the voice" of DBT) unplugged, waved and took their bows and applause and exited the stage, leaving the drummer, bassist and keyboards playing. After another minute or two, the bassist followed suit and the other two kept playing. Another minute or 2, and I expected the keyboardist to exit, but the drummer said his goodbyes leaving the keyboardist alone on stage. Finally he stood up, waved and walked off as they brought they house lights up. I thought it was a cool ending, versus everyone walking out and waiting for the cheers and perfunctory encore. Honestly, I thought it was a 10... maybe 9.9 because they didn't play one of my personal favorites Gravity's Gone. I had never seen DBT before and they were terrific. Definitely recommend catching them if you can. Still have tickets later this month to see Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke (who's drummer just had a heart attack), Marcus King in October and comedian Nate Bargatze in December. Who/what shows have you seen and still have on the calendar?

all right; you win!

I saw Whiskey Myers about a month ago in Raleigh. Pretty solid show, but it was a rainy night and the crowd was so rednecky it detracted from the show. They rocked more than I expected, and I enjoyed the music, but it wasn't the best environment between the rain, heat and crowd. I'd say a solid 7. Fast forward to this past Friday and I saw Drive By Truckers. Man, great show! Guys are probably all as old as me, but you can tell they still love to play and invest themselves in their performance. Rocked it hard for over 2 hours with no break. At the point when I was thinking, "man, they've got to end or take a break soon" and about 5 minutes into what wound up being their last song, the 2 front guys who both played guitar and sang, (probably 70/30 to Mike Cooley, who I think of as "the voice" of DBT) unplugged, waved and took their bows and applause and exited the stage, leaving the drummer, bassist and keyboards playing. After another minute or two, the bassist followed suit and the other two kept playing. Another minute or 2, and I expected the keyboardist to exit, but the drummer said his goodbyes leaving the keyboardist alone on stage. Finally he stood up, waved and walked off as they brought they house lights up. I thought it was a cool ending, versus everyone walking out and waiting for the cheers and perfunctory encore. Honestly, I thought it was a 10... maybe 9.9 because they didn't play one of my personal favorites Gravity's Gone. I had never seen DBT before and they were terrific. Definitely recommend catching them if you can. Still have tickets later this month to see Jamey Johnson and Blackberry Smoke (who's drummer just had a heart attack), Marcus King in October and comedian Nate Bargatze in December. Who/what shows have you seen and still have on the calendar?

Reactions: Eppy99
Shockingly, nothing firmed up at this point.

Mrs. Shades really wants to see Keith Urban so that's a maybe and we're trying to figure out our fall schedule as everything revolves around football - LOL.

Really want to see another show at Red Rocks, but doesn't look like this year is going to happen, even though we'll be out for a CU football game as it's our nephews senior year in Boulder.

Side note on Drive by truckers, saw them in 2010 at Deer Creek (now Ruoff- can't remember sponsor from back then) and I just don't know what happened but the sound was awful. Really put a bad vibe on the show for me. Should venture out & see them again. Also hear Blackberry Smoke is the real deal - have a friend that just loves them.

I also need to look at Vegas shows this fall as Mrs. Shades mom is out there, so easy to drop in & out for shows.

Shockingly, nothing firmed up at this point.

Mrs. Shades really wants to see Keith Urban so that's a maybe and we're trying to figure out our fall schedule as everything revolves around football - LOL.

Really want to see another show at Red Rocks, but doesn't look like this year is going to happen, even though we'll be out for a CU football game as it's our nephews senior year in Boulder.

Side note on Drive by truckers, saw them in 2010 at Deer Creek (now Ruoff- can't remember sponsor from back then) and I just don't know what happened but the sound was awful. Really put a bad vibe on the show for me. Should venture out & see them again. Also hear Blackberry Smoke is the real deal - have a friend that just loves them.

I also need to look at Vegas shows this fall as Mrs. Shades mom is out there, so easy to drop in & out for shows.
That was kind of funny about the sound for the show. We'd done some scouting on the warm up band (singer had sort of an Alanis Morrisette sound a bit) and they were from Asheville, so I was looking forward to them. But, 1) they played too loud and 2) the sound was really muddy, and I was hoping it wouldn't be like that for DBT. Fortunately they'd obviously done the setup for DBT and they sounded really good. That was something else cool that DBT did, they dedicated a song to the warm up band, called "Opening Act" and he spent a lot of time talking about how tough that is, and seemed very genuine. Did the same thing an hour later in thanking their setup guys. Class act I thought.

Who the feck is Billie Eilish? We had 30,000 people show up for her concert here on Sunday. I thought she was some actress to start with... then I went to Youtube. Such insipid songs and she had 30,000 people show up?

BTS, I understand, repressed sexual projections by young teenagers.

But Billie who!?

Finally saw a show at Red Rocks… been on my bucket list for awhile. Steve Miller Band on Monday night. Pretty great show, but even greater venue.
My son is on an extended trip out west and is spending a few months in CO (Keystone). Going to Red Rocks was one of his big trip to-dos and he went in July. Just climbed Mt Elbert this week too.

I can only tolerate crowds for one show per year, and it’s going to Rage Against the Machine/Run the Jewels I think

yes!

my wife n I were at the July 11th show at United center where he tore up his leg. Out-standing show.

I’ve got tickets to two more shows. Grabbed two for Charley Crockett at the Vogue on November 27th and Margo Price just went on sale at the Vogue for a February 22nd show.
I’ve seen both, most recently i saw Charley at the Outlaw festival at Deer Creek. I saw Margo play the same festival I think last year or two years ago.
@MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

I’ve got tickets to two more shows. Grabbed two for Charley Crockett at the Vogue on November 27th and Margo Price just went on sale at the Vogue for a February 22nd show.
I’ve seen both, most recently i saw Charley at the Outlaw festival at Deer Creek. I saw Margo play the same festival I think last year or two years ago.
@MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
How is Margo Price live?

Might try to grab some tix and take mrs hooky

Going to see Marcus King tonight; anyone caught him before? He's from Greenville SC which is only a couple hours away from Charlotte, so I'm hoping he'll have some family and friends there and put a little extra into the show, but I'm looking forward to it!

Last couple shows were Drive By Truckers and Whiskey Myers and enjoyed both. Great to have live music back!

Last edited:
Going to see Marcus King tonight; anyone caught him before? He's from Greenville SC which is only a couple hours away from Charlotte, so I'm hoping he'll have some family and friends there and put a little extra into the show, but I'm looking forward to it!

Last couple shows were Drive By Truckers and Whiskey Myers and enjoyed both. Great to have live music back!
Fantastic act. I think you will love it.

I haven't seen Marcus King in several years - he's really starting to get some notice out there and I'd like to see him again sometime soon. One of his biggest inspirations when he was starting out was Warren Haynes, so you know he had good taste even as a kid!

venue is awesome. Saw my first show there last year rebelution
I just now mosied back over to this thread, so I'm late to the party responding to this. I posted this previously in the WC music thread, but some of you guys may never have seen it and might find it interesting. Since the topic is Red Rocks...

Pretty sure Lee has played this venue more often than just about anyone you could name...

Jason Isbell and 400 Unit at Brown County Music Center January 31st
Big Head Todd just announced for there January 19th - thinking about it
Saw Marshall Tucker Band there last Friday. Doug Gray's vocals were weak (to be expected at 74 I suppose) at best but he was surrounded by great musicians/singers. Marcus James Henderson was particularly impressive on keyboards, sax and flute and could sing any song that Doug needed help with. It was enjoyable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT