ADVERTISEMENT

2021 IU football recruiting wish list

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
I don't know anything other than what I read on the different IU forums...based on that here's a list of possible remaining recruiting targets who seem to be genuinely interested in IU...

--Donovan McCulley, QB, 6'4" 195 lbs, Lawrence North....commit to IU
--Jordyn Williams, WR, 6'1" 182 lbs, Albany GA....commit to IU
--Trenton Howland, TB/ATH, 6'2" 218 lbs, Joliett, ILL.....commit to IU
--Jordan Grier, CB, 6'0" 182 lbs, Ellenwood, GA....commit to IU
--Joshua Sales, OT, 6'6" 285 lbs, Brownsburg.......commit to IU
--Maurice Freeman, S, 6'0 185 lbs, Chesapeake, VA...commit to IU
--Jaquez Smith, WR/DB, 6'1" 190 lbs, Atlanta, GA......commit to IU
--Quillen Heruze, ATH, 6'1" 180 lbs, Chippewa Valley, MI....commit to Buffalo
--Austin Booker, DE, 6'5" 235 lbs, Center Grove....commit to Minnesota
--Javin Burke, ATH, 6'0" 202 lbs, Cleveland, TN....commit to VA
--Devon Manuel, OT, 6'8" 300 lbs, Arinaudville, LA....commit to ARK
--Willie Shaw, TB, 5'11" 180 lbs, Chicago, ILL.....commit to Toledo
--Trinity Bell, TE/ATH, 6'7" 256 lbs, Alberville, AL....commit to TN
--Deion Burks, WR, 5'10" 175 lbs, Believille, MI....commit to Purdue
--Jack Pugh, TE, 6'5" 245 lbs, Holland, OH.....commit to Wisconsin
--Clay Millen, QB, 6'3" 188 lbs, Swoquaime, WA....commit to Arizona
--DD Snyder, CB/S, 6'0" 175 lbs, Tampa, FL.....commit to Illinois
--Kaleb Edwards, S, 6'0" 195 lbs, Dacula, GA....commit to GT
--Derwin Burgess, ATH/WR, 5'11" 185 lbs, Riverdale, GA....commit to S. Carolina
--Gharin Standsbury, WDE, 6'5" 228 lbs, Franklin, LA....commit to ASU
--Elijah Sabbatini, S, 6'1" 195 lbs, Biloxi, MS.......commit to 'Ole Miss
--Jeremiah McClendon, S, 6'0" 170 lbs, Delray Beach, FL....commit to WKU
--Cole Nelson, SDE, 6'3" 230 lbs, Johns Creek, GA.....commit to VT
--Mitchell Evans, TE, 6'7" 240 lbs, Wadsworth, OH......commit to ND
--Terrance Anthony, WR, 6'1" 170 lbs, Orange Park, FL..commit to Coastal Carolina
--Cameron Wright, WR, 6'4" 200 lbs, Batesville, MS...commit to Memphis
--Raheem Roberts, WR, 6'3" 180 lbs, Bogalusa, LA...commit to Memphis
--Enrique Cruz, OT, 6'6" 255 lbs, Villa Park, ILL......commit to Syracuse
--Umari Hatcher, WR, 6'3" 175 lbs, Woodbridge, VA.....commit to Syracuse
--MJ Daniels, CB, 6'3" 185 lbs, Lucedale, MS.....commit to Miss. St.
--Daymon David, S, 6'1" 172 lbs, Reistertown, MD.....commit to Oregon
--Max Merril, OT/G, 6'4" 273 lbs, Houston, TX...commit to Texas
--Ty Buchanan, OT, 6'5" 280 lbs, Corpus Christie, TX...commit to USC
--Aubrey Burks, S, 6'0" 180 lbs, Auburndale, FL....commit to W. Virginia
--Kyran Montgomery, DE, 6'4" 215 lbs, Pike HS....commit to Missouri
--Jailen Weaver, WDE, 6'8" 300 lbs, Antioch, CA....commit to NEB
--Harlen Obioha, OT, 6'11" 300 lbs, Kansas
--Jason Amsler, OG, 6'4 1/2" 303 lbs, Franklin, TN
--Latrell Fordham, WR, 6'4" 180 lbs, Davidson, MI
--Mustapha Mohammad, TE, 6'4" 245 lbs, Kilgore JC
--Davon TownleyXX, DE, 6'6" 220 lbs, Minneapolis, MN
--Robert Jackson, SDE, 6'6" 245 lbs, Warministar, PA
--James Yelbert, SDE, 6'6" 230 lbs, Wilmington, DE
--Charles McClellan, SDE/DT, 6'4" 254 lbs, Tuisa, OK
--Deonte AndersonXX, DE, 6'4" 220 lbs, Ft. Meade, FL
--Baron Hopson, LB, 5'10" 220 lbs, Lee Co., GA
--Edwin Kolenge, LB, 6'3" 225 lbs, Clearwater, FL
--Cortez McKenzie, OLB 6'0" 200 lbs, St. Pete, FL

J. Evans................NA
V. Fiacable............Cincy, UL
M. Freeman..........GT, ILL, UL, 'Ole Miss, Pitt, VT
J. Grier..................E. Carolina, Kansas, KSU, Memphis, Pitt
D. Holloman..........BC, Iowa St., MD, NEB, RU, Wash St., WV
T. Howland............Iowa St., MN, NEB, PUR
C. Jones................Mich, OSU, PUR (sweet)
D. McCulley...........Cincy, Iowa, UK, MSU, 'Ole Miss, MO, PUR, Wake
J. Sales..................ASU, ILL, Kansas, MD, MSU, MO, NEB, PUR, RU, WV, Cincy
L. Smith Jr..............NC, Duke
A. Steinfeldt...........Cincy, UCF, VA, WASH
J. Williams.............Bama, Col. St., UL, MD, 'Ole Miss, Miss. St., RU, TENN, Wake, Wash St.,
Jaquez Smith.........

Totals: PUR(5); Cincy(5); UL(4); Iowa St., MD, NEB, RU, WV, Pitt, Wake--all 3; GT, ILL, Ole Miss, Kansas, Wash St, MO, KSU, NC, UCF, MSU--all 2; KSU, NC, UCF, Vandy, VT, BC, MN, Mich, OSU, Iowa, UK, ASU, Miss St., Duke, VA, WASH, Bama, Col, St, TENN, Memphis--all 1.

If anyone would like to suggest additions & subtractions or give more info on these guys, it would be welcome.

I'll try to maintain this as an updated list going forward.

I've added Cortez McKenzie, OLB from St. Pete, about whom there is an article on the premium forum. I don't get that---what is here is what I see from the internet....He's rated #72 in FL by Rivals, #129 by ESPN, and #140 by 247....former Miami commit.

Last edited:
I don't know anything other than what I read on the different IU forums...based on that here's a list of possible remaining recruiting targets who seem to be genuinely interested in IU...

--Donovan McCulley, QB, 6'4" 195 lbs, Lawrence North
--Jordyn Williams, WR, 6'1" 182 lbs, Albany GA
--Joshua Sales, OT, 6'6" 285 lbs, Brownsburg
--Austin Booker, DE, 6'5" 235 lbs, Center Grove
--Jeremiah McLendon, S, 6'0" 170 lbs, Delray Beach, FL
--Quillen Heruze, ATH, 6'1" 180 lbs, Chippewa Valley, MI
--Javin Burke, ATH, 6'0" 202 lbs, Cleveland, TN
--Kyran Montgomery, DE, 6'4" 215 lbs Pike HS
--Devon Manuel, OT, 6'8" 300 lbs, Arinaudville, LA
--Enrique Cruz, OT, 6'6" 255 lbs, Villa Park, ILL
--Jordan Grier, CB, 6'0" 182 lbs, Ellenward, GA

If anyone would like to suggest additions & subtractions or give more info on these guys, it would be welcome.
I think the DE's will be a reach considering the recent recruiting at the position and the two commits so far this year. I might lean toward recruiting Trinity Bell hard. 6'7" 256 lbs. Listed on 247 as an athlete. Looks like primary position is TE, but he could be a heck of a swing player with the ability to play TE, DE, or possibly even packing weight and being an OT (I'm thinking of like Joe Reitz here). With the youth of the team overall, versatile kids that could succeed in different niches as needed could be clutch vs. having them pigeon-holed in spots with little chance of being used.

My #1 on the wish list is McCulley (as fast as they can land him) and hope the commit is able to sway a receiver as highly rated as they can get to come into the mix.

From a "for the future" perspective, I think Sales could be a key recruit to try and get a foothold in the westside of suburbs of Indy that has produced a lot of good talent over the last several years. To say nothing of the fact that he looks to be pretty good in his own right.

Going to be a small class so want to get the best players who really want to be at IU. Love getting Indiana kids who are D1 worthy, but then after that do like the GA/FL boys! Keep adding size, athleticism and good kids and rest will take care of itself!

Kaleb Edwards, athlete out of Georgia, is the top safety prospect on our board.

Willie Shaw, running back out of Illinois, is someone the staff also likes.

Thanks to TM and you. I will add those guys.

I know there is a list of all offers on Rivals, but I want to maintain this list going forward for those at whom we have at least a puncher's chance.

--Kaleb Edwards, S, 6'0" 195 lbs, Dacula, GA
--Willie Shaw, TB, 5'11" 180 lbs, Chicago, ILL
--Trinity Bell, TE/ATH, 6'7" 256 lbs, Alberville, AL
--Davon Townley, DE, 6'6" 220 lbs, Minneapolis, MN
--Deion Burks, WR, 5'10" 175 lbs, Believille, MI
--Aubrey Brooks, S, 6'0" 180 lbs, Auburndale, FL
--Mitchell Evans, TE, 6'7" 240 lbs, Wadsworth, OH
--Jack Pugh, TE, 6'5" 245 lbs, Holland, OH
--Clay Millen, QB, 6'3" 188 lbs, Swoquaime, WA

I've added 7 new names to the list today after looking around on various IU sites.........I would add that we have many offers out to Florida DBs & WRs, but right now it's hard to see where we stand with them............

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
It'll be interesting to see what the staff would do if say Clay Millen would want to commit before Donovan McCulley, who says that he wants to wait into his senior year.

Do you wait and take the gamble or do you take the sure thing.

To me, you take the sure thing. Coach Wilson took a gamble back when Spencer Lytle wanted to commit back in 2017, but he was sure that Braxton Burmeister was coming here, so he didn't take the commitment. Take the first kid that wants to commit and move on in this situation.

It'll be interesting to see what the staff would do if say Clay Millen would want to commit before Donovan McCulley, who says that he wants to wait into his senior year.

To me, you take the sure thing. Coach Wilson took a gamble back when Spencer Lytle wanted to commit back in 2017, but he was sure that Braxton Burmeister was coming here, so he didn't take the commitment. Take the first kid that wants to commit and move on in this situation.
If McCulley is THAT much better in their evaluation, then I think you gamble. If it's remotely close, then a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, IMO. Alternative cliche, don't let perfect be the enemy of really good.

If, all else being equal, they'd be "happy" with either as a commit, take the one that wants to commit and turn the page.

If McCulley is THAT much better in their evaluation, then I think you gamble. If it's remotely close, then a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, IMO. Alternative cliche, don't let perfect be the enemy of really good.

If, all else being equal, they'd be "happy" with either as a commit, take the one that wants to commit and turn the page.

What I find interesting, I would want to know, is how far ahead would Millen be to the third QB on the board. Is it worth the gamble if he's that far ahead of the the #3 on the board, if he's close to McCulley?

Thank God we don't have to make these decisions.

What I find interesting, I would want to know, is how far ahead would Millen be to the third QB on the board. Is it worth the gamble if he's that far ahead of the the #3 on the board, if he's close to McCulley?

Thank God we don't have to make these decisions.

That's a great point. If Millen was way ahead of #3 on their list and close to McCulley, I think you absolutely take Millen if he'd commit. If they're close.

Now if they have Millen way ahead of #3 but McCulley way ahead of Millen.......I'd be sweating that choice if Millen said he was ready to commit today. And I've been staring at my screen for a few minutes, and I'm not any closer to deciding which would be better. "Safe" choice to avoid least desired outcome, or go for it all?

No kidding on not being on the hook for those decisions. But then again, I'd be more than happy to make a string of horrible decisions for $4M/yr. By the time it caught up with me and I got fired, I'd be a good $8 - 12M richer and no one would ever see my happy ass again. :D

I watched the highlights for both guys.......

Millen looks like more of a pro style guy. McCulley looks to get outside the pocket more.

I'd be very interested in hearing from guys who have seen McCulley live....because, honestly, I wasn't blown away by his highlights.....does anybody know his stats from last year?

Both guys are listed at 6'3" on Rivals. I thought McCulley looked taller. I found a site called "QB Hit List" that only ranks QB prospects. It lists McCulley at 6'5", and Millen at 6'3". I wouldn't have been surprised if Rivals has listed the two guys that way. I thought McCulley looked to be at least 1" taller.

I'm impressed by what I've read about Millen. Last year was his first year as a starter. The year before his brother, Cale, started. He is now a QB at Oregon. Clay's first offer was from Oregon. He's also a Chemistry/Physics major kind of student.

According to Max Preps, Clay's #s were 71% completions, 3145 yards, 34 TDs, 1 int. I did not see rushing yds listed. I didn't check it out, but it looks like Millen plays at a 'football school'...they were 10-3 last year....

On tape, I really thought neither guy had what I'd call a "rifle arm". Like I said before, McCulley was more prone to throw on the run or scramble than was Millan; Millen has a quick release, is very accurate, and has a very nice touch on the intermediate-long passes.

FWIW, the "QB Hit List" site has Millen the #26 overall rated QB in the class, McCulley #27.

As far as your question goes.......it certainly complicates matters that McCulley is a high profile state of Indiana recruit. If we "passed" on him and he went to Purdue & tore it up.....not good on a lot of levels. My gut feeling is you should take Millen if he wants to come here.....it's probably beside the point, however, as I really didn't see any indication he was ready to make any decision at this point, given that he's been something of an 'under the radar' guy.

Again, I'd be really interested in hearing from people who have seen McCulley play.....it appears he is rated so high due to mobility & height......it looks to me like he'd need a year or two to develop......

Millen looks like more of a pro style guy. McCulley looks to get outside the pocket more.

I'd be very interested in hearing from guys who have seen McCulley live....because, honestly, I wasn't blown away by his highlights.....does anybody know his stats from last year?

Both guys are listed at 6'3" on Rivals. I thought McCulley looked taller. I found a site called "QB Hit List" that only ranks QB prospects. It lists McCulley at 6'5", and Millen at 6'3". I wouldn't have been surprised if Rivals has listed the two guys that way. I thought McCulley looked to be at least 1" taller.

I'm impressed by what I've read about Millen. Last year was his first year as a starter. The year before his brother, Cale, started. He is now a QB at Oregon. Clay's first offer was from Oregon. He's also a Chemistry/Physics major kind of student.

According to Max Preps, Clay's #s were 71% completions, 3145 yards, 34 TDs, 1 int. I did not see rushing yds listed. I didn't check it out, but it looks like Millen plays at a 'football school'...they were 10-3 last year....

On tape, I really thought neither guy had what I'd call a "rifle arm". Like I said before, McCulley was more prone to throw on the run or scramble than was Millan; Millen has a quick release, is very accurate, and has a very nice touch on the intermediate-long passes.

FWIW, the "QB Hit List" site has Millen the #26 overall rated QB in the class, McCulley #27.

As far as your question goes.......it certainly complicates matters that McCulley is a high profile state of Indiana recruit. If we "passed" on him and he went to Purdue & tore it up.....not good on a lot of levels. My gut feeling is you should take Millen if he wants to come here.....it's probably beside the point, however, as I really didn't see any indication he was ready to make any decision at this point, given that he's been something of an 'under the radar' guy.

Again, I'd be really interested in hearing from people who have seen McCulley play.....it appears he is rated so high due to mobility & height......it looks to me like he'd need a year or two to develop......

Millen has said that he's gonna commit in the next month or so, so he'll have a decision before McCulley.

Millen has said that he's gonna commit in the next month or so, so he'll have a decision before McCulley.

Wow......ok

Here's the thing......he's been offered by Oregon, AZ, OSU & IU.......So...would he really want to go to Oregon, where he'd be one year behind his brother? What if he beats him out for the job...not good. But he can hardly go to Oregon St. it would be like going to Purdue while your brother was at IU. Plus, he'd likely get his ass kicked each year. So, right now, that leaves AZ & IU in pretty good position.

I do wonder why Washington and WSU haven't offered.....except that we all know there are shit loads of QBs in the PAC 12 area.....so as something of a late bloomer he might be new to the party.....

Wow......ok

Here's the thing......he's been offered by Oregon, AZ, OSU & IU.......So...would he really want to go to Oregon, where he'd be one year behind his brother? What if he beats him out for the job...not good. But he can hardly go to Oregon St. it would be like going to Purdue while your brother was at IU. Plus, he'd likely get his ass kicked each year. So, right now, that leaves AZ & IU in pretty good position.

I do wonder why Washington and WSU haven't offered.....except that we all know there are shit loads of QBs in the PAC 12 area.....so as something of a late bloomer he might be new to the party.....

I have no idea where he's going to go, but all the top quarterbacks are committed already, so that's why I asked the question that I did.

Quarterback is the one spot where most schools take one kid, so the pressure to commit early and get their spot is real. We saw that we'll take a commit from a kid without a visit in Smith. Can we get another from this one of he wants to do it? Should be interesting. Personally, I'd take him and move on.

Wow......ok

I have no idea where he's going to go, but all the top quarterbacks are committed already, so that's why I asked the question that I did.

Quarterback is the one spot where most schools take one kid, so the pressure to commit early and get their spot is real. We saw that we'll take a commit from a kid without a visit in Smith. Can we get another from this one of he wants to do it? Should be interesting. Personally, I'd take him and move on.

The trend is seemingly take 1 QB a class, so If IU took Mullen if he wanted to sign first, technically MCCully could still take an IU Schooly, but likely would not. It is a tough call but comes down to how close do they have them evaluated? If even, I’d prefer the IN kid, but if he’s far from a sure bet, if they are truly close to even I think you need to take th the first one I’m ready to commit. I hope however it works out, that IU lands a good one here and every year!

The trend is seemingly take 1 QB a class, so If IU took Mullen if he wanted to sign first, technically MCCully could still take an IU Schooly, but likely would not. It is a tough call but comes down to how close do they have them evaluated? If even, I’d prefer the IN kid, but if he’s far from a sure bet, if they are truly close to even I think you need to take th the first one I’m ready to commit. I hope however it works out, that IU lands a good one here and every year!

I agree that you would want to take the Indiana kid. But to me, if Millen wants to commit and the staff has him relatively close to McCulley on their board, you go with the sure thing.

We don't want to be a groom left at the alter with no bride.

I agree that you would want to take the Indiana kid. But to me, if Millen wants to commit and the staff has him relatively close to McCulley on their board, you go with the sure thing.

We don't want to be a groom left at the alter with no bride.
Clearly you're not married :D

Reactions: muubell
I've posted in here about McCulley on multiple occasions. He's the #1 target for me. This quote from Josh Helmoldt from Rivals is exactly what I see when I watched him. Hopefully the staff is putting on the full court press. He's a guy that has enough talent that you save a scholarship for as long as needed. If they decide to take Millen, fine, but I'd still take McCulley in a heartbeat.

“I think the top guy on the board has to be Donaven McCulley. He's so talented. Hes a dual-threat guy and has the ability to pick up yards with his feet but his arm is exceptional," Hemholdt explained. "He can get the ball down the field and into areas that other quarterbacks wont even try to get it into… Austin Booker is another big time player and after [Rodney] McGraw left for Penn State. Booker is the guy to watch short term.”

I've posted in here about McCulley on multiple occasions. He's the #1 target for me. This quote from Josh Helmoldt from Rivals is exactly what I see when I watched him. Hopefully the staff is putting on the full court press. He's a guy that has enough talent that you save a scholarship for as long as needed. If they decide to take Millen, fine, but I'd still take McCulley in a heartbeat.

“I think the top guy on the board has to be Donaven McCulley. He's so talented. Hes a dual-threat guy and has the ability to pick up yards with his feet but his arm is exceptional," Hemholdt explained. "He can get the ball down the field and into areas that other quarterbacks wont even try to get it into… Austin Booker is another big time player and after [Rodney] McGraw left for Penn State. Booker is the guy to watch short term.”

I don't think it's a situation of whether IU would take both at quarterback.... I think they would. I think that if Millen commits and were to choose us, McCulley would then eliminate us because most kids (notice I said most) only want to go to a school with one quarterback commit.

That's the dilemma.

I've found some stats for both guys.

First, both guys play at the highest classification in their states---6A in Indiana, 4A in Washington St.

LN has an enrollment of app. 2600 for 9-12. Mount Si has 1372 for 9-11 (Don't know why they class based on 9-11 only, but they do).

McCulley is probably 6'4" or 6'5". Millen is listed at 6'3, and that looks right on film.

LN in 2019 was 4-7; Mount Si was 10-3

McCulley---2019: 140/224, 62.5%, 1958 yds, 14.0 yds/completion, 17 TDs, 8 ints....rushing: 115 carries for 563 yds, 4.9 ypc, 2 TDs. I believe he was sacked 15 times.

Millen---2019: 256/360, 70.9%, 3145 yds, 12.8 yds/completion, 34 TDs, 1 Int.....rushing: 277 yds on 132 carries, 2.1 ypc, 5 TDs. I could not tell how many times sacked.

Millen's team is a passing team....his 132 carries was 1st on the team. #2 had something like 98 carries, but a 4.6 ypc average.

I've found some stats for both guys.

First, both guys play at the highest classification in their states---6A in Indiana, 4A in Washington St.

LN has an enrollment of app. 2600 for 9-12. Mount Si has 1372 for 9-11 (Don't know why they class based on 9-11 only, but they do).

McCulley is probably 6'4" or 6'5". Millen is listed at 6'3, and that looks right on film.

LN in 2019 was 4-7; Mount Si was 10-3

McCulley---2019: 140/224, 62.5%, 1958 yds, 14.0 yds/completion, 17 TDs, 8 ints....rushing: 115 carries for 563 yds, 4.9 ypc, 2 TDs. I believe he was sacked 15 times.

Millen---2019: 256/360, 70.9%, 3145 yds, 12.8 yds/completion, 34 TDs, 1 Int.....rushing: 277 yds on 132 carries, 2.1 ypc, 5 TDs. I could not tell how many times sacked.

Millen's team is a passing team....his 132 carries was 1st on the team. #2 had something like 98 carries, but a 4.6 ypc average.

Good stuff

--Deion Burks, WR, 5'10" 175 lbs, Believille, MI
--Devon Mitchell, OT, 6'8" 300 lbs, Arnaudville, LA

Is the last name on your list a duplicate? The odds of someone with the same first name, town, build and position has to be astronomical.

McCulley makes 12-15 yard scrambles ridiculously easy. As a CG fan, I’ve seen him a few times now. He’s one of those guys that never really seems to “wow” you until you glance at his stats. Trust me when I say this, if he can make CG’s defense look fairly average, he’s darned good. He will be special in college.

Love getting FL/GA players and hope we get a few more. But on IN Homefront, would be a coup to sign: QB from LC, DL from Pile & from Center Grove, OL from Brownsburg and DB from Ben Davis. That would be an awesome way to lockdown Indy talent for IUFB. (Anyone making odds on these players?)

Reactions: vesuvius13
Love getting FL/GA players and hope we get a few more. But on IN Homefront, would be a coup to sign: QB from LC, DL from Pile & from Center Grove, OL from Brownsburg and DB from Ben Davis. That would be an awesome way to lockdown Indy talent for IUFB. (Anyone making odds on these players?)

We're not getting the BD from Ben Davis.

We've prioritized other players at his position.

It has always fascinated me how hard it is for us to recruit to IU Athletics. We just won 8 games, went to the Gator Bowl, and we are still struggling to recruit against the Big Ten programs.

Teri Moren had a top 15 team but missed out on the top 100 kids in the 2020 class but 2 of the girls went to Purdue, a team we own right now, and a coach on the hot seat.

IU baseball has been so solid the past 10 years and still can’t pull in the high end recruits.

I really have never understood why a lot of highly ranked kids don’t have interest in a school with good Athletics, decent Academics, beautiful campus, college town.

But man they flock to places like Kentucky and Louisville which are major dumps.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It has always fascinated me how hard it is for us to recruit to IU Athletics. We just won 8 games, went to the Gator Bowl, and we are still struggling to recruit against the Big Ten programs.

Teri Moren had a top 15 team but missed out on the top 100 kids in the 2020 class but 2 of the girls went to Purdue, a team we own right now, and a coach on the hot seat.

IU baseball has been so solid the past 10 years and still can’t pull in the high end recruits.

I really have never understood why a lot of highly ranked kids don’t have interest in a school with good Athletics, decent Academics, beautiful campus, college town.

But man they flock to places like Kentucky and Louisville which are major dumps.

Sometimes kids aren't just a good fit for a system and program.

Not saying he's not a good kid, but we like other kids better.

--Devon Mitchell, OT, 6'8" 300 lbs, Arnaudville, LA

Is the last name on your list a duplicate? The odds of someone with the same first name, town, build and position has to be astronomical.
Bump

The Burks kid from Michigan committed to Purdue....not unexpected.

Reactions: red hornet

--Trenton Howard, TB/ATH, 6'2" 218 lbs, Joliett, ILL
--Ty Buchanan, OT, 6'5" 280 lbs, Corpus Christie, TX

I've added two prospects to the list. Per HSN and 247, Trenton Howard, a 6'2" 218 lbs TB may be an IU lean. He's a 3* guy from Joliett, ILL with some decent offers. I have not watched any film on him, but would note had a different dimension than the last two TBs we've recruited, who were both shorter & lighter.

The other potential recruit is Ty Buchanan, a 6'5" 280 lb OT from TX. IU is his best offer to date.

Reactions: red hornet
Always fun to see any great kid commit to IU, but given fewer scholly's and no camps, besides the obvious 4-star players, I'd be okay IU sitting tight and seeing how things flesh out. Imagine IU winning at Wiscy and getting off to a 5-0 or even 6-0 start? Sometimes the fish start jumping in the boat!

--Trenton Howard, TB/ATH, 6'2" 218 lbs, Joliett, ILL

I see that two kids who had IU offers, but weren't among those I listed above, committed elsewhere:
Zaire Angoy, a huge DT from NJ, to Rutgers (20 recruits now), and Brody Wisecarver, an OL from St. Louis, to Illinois.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet

--Trenton Howard, TB/ATH, 6'2" 218 lbs, Joliett, ILL.....commit to IU
--Harlen Obioha, OT, 6'11" 300 lbs, Kansas

Noted the RB's commit, added Harlan Obioha to the list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT