ADVERTISEMENT

2021 football recruiting

If things go as planned, you people won't see the Bucket again for several years. If Mike Penix is as good as he looks AND he stays healthy, you definitely won't see it until he graduates.

I don't think you all can beat a healthy Mike Penix. Not to mention your program seems to have spiraled downward after the Music City Bowl fiasco.

It is truly somebody who thinks with his heart instead of his head who can not see that both IU and Purdue were trending upward under new coaches. Thinking IU will be dominant over Purdue in the near future is as Pollyanish as believing Purdue will dominate IU near term. I see “pick em” games for the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: JIMSHAM
I don’t know that PU is trending “down.” I’m not standing on that mountain. But I think your coach is waaaay overrated.
Overrated as a coach? Game planning? What two coaches are the last two to beat Ohio State and which coach did it by 29 points? As a recruiter! Who has landed two consecutive Top 30 classes? As a salesman. Which school has had the greatest attendance increase in the Big Ten the last three years? Just what metrics do you think he is overrated?

Overrated as a coach? Game planning? What two coaches are the last two to beat Ohio State and which coach did it by 29 points? As a recruiter! Who has landed two consecutive Top 30 classes? As a salesman. Which school has had the greatest attendance increase in the Big Ten the last three years? Just what metrics do you think he is overrated?

"I'll take Coaches paid in the top 10 nationally that have a losing record at their current school for $1,000 Alex."

1. Dabo Swinney — $9,315,600
  2. Nick Saban — $8,857,000
  3. Jim Harbaugh — $7,504,000
  4. Jimbo Fisher — $7,500,000
  5. Kirby Smart — $6,871,600
  6. Gus Malzahn — $6,827,589
  7. Tom Herman — $6,750,000
  8. Jeff Brohm — $6,600,000
He's 17 - 21 at PU and is the 8th highest paid coach in FBS. Maybe he should have said he's waaaaay overpaid. Unless you think that attendance and recruiting classes are more important metrics than say, actually winning football games?

Might wait till he wins more then seven games for the coronation. I am impressed so far but the bowl massacre and some other losses such as Nevada this year leave some room for doubt.

He's about to answer your question in a resounding way... The only way he can top that Auburn game is by going 0-for next Fall (which I fully expect him to do)... Be sure to stop back by this time next year...;)

"I'll take Coaches paid in the top 10 nationally that have a losing record at their current school for $1,000 Alex."

He's 17 - 21 at PU and is the 8th highest paid coach in FBS. Maybe he should have said he's waaaaay overpaid. Unless you think that attendance and recruiting classes are more important metrics than say, actually winning football games?

His base pay last year was $4.9 million. He received a $1.7 million signing bonus which elevated his pay for one year to $6.6 million. He will earn about $5.1 million next year. With attendance increase of 20,000 per game from DH’s final season of 2016 through 2019 he has more than paid for himself. A record of 17-21 over three years is vastly superior to 9-39 in the preceding four seasons. When two Power 5 schools from the SEC and ACC try to pirate your coach there are decisions that must be made. A nice problem to have.

He's about to answer your question in a resounding way... The only way he can top that Auburn game is by going 0-for next Fall (which I fully expect him to do)... Be sure to stop back by this time next year...;)

I am always around. Was here before Rivals and probably longer than the majority of your existing members.

It is truly somebody who thinks with his heart instead of his head who can not see that both IU and Purdue were trending upward under new coaches. Thinking IU will be dominant over Purdue in the near future is as Pollyanish as believing Purdue will dominate IU near term. I see “pick em” games for the near future.

Pick em games would be the norm. By my quick glance at Wikipedia, 21 OOB games since 1980 have been decided by no more than 1 score. Several more in the two score "still a close game" category. Big wins & blow outs are the exception.

Also going back to 1980, the series is pretty back and forth (17 IU vs. 22 PU). With the Tiller era being the best run for PU that gives them that advantage.

Anyone for either team that expects dominating scores by one side or the other for a long stretch of time is going to be disappointed.

Auburn. Lol.

Reactions: midwolfe
Don’t sleep on Northwestern. A lot of people are writing them off in the media. One down year doesn’t mean they will go into the toilet forever. Fitz is too good of a coach. The only way they stay down is if they replace the guy.

Reactions: midwolfe
Looking at Rivals top 10 for Indiana, #1 (OT Fisher from Avon...ND) & #10 (WR P. Terrell from Brownsburg.,,,PUR) have committed elsewhere...#2 Yanni Karlaftis is George's brother and probably won't go to IU, if he does not go to PUR.

Based on what PEEGS site says, it looks like we have a decent shot at:

#3 D. McCully 4* ..QB LN
#4 J. Sales........3* ..OT...Brownsburg
#5 D. Carnell.....3*...CB...Ben Davis
#6 C. Jones.......3*...DE ...Valpo
#9 K. Montgomery 3* DE...Pike

Also:
#3 on 247 L. Collinsworth...3* DE East Central

Anybody know anything about our prospects with these guys?

What that list shows me is how weak the state is in football. That's a very soft list for a top ten in the state list.

Coach O deserves a raise.

ADVERTISEMENT