ADVERTISEMENT

2020 signing class

I think that will work. Neto looks like the crown jewel of the class and could step right into Aiden Morris’s role. Add these 6 to the returnees from last year, which I am assuming includes Josh Penn, Bezerra, and a healthy Ian Black, that is College Cup potential in 2020.

Raiding saint louis again. Poor SLU can't keep these kids at home anymore. Good for IU though.
That's the beauty of having St. Louis native Kevin Robson as recruiting coordinator. He's really increased the talent level in the program since he took that position. IU starting to get a lot of players from Ohio too. O'Rourke's influence?

Reactions: snowling
That's the beauty of having St. Louis native Kevin Robson as recruiting coordinator. He's really increased the talent level in the program since he took that position. IU starting to get a lot of players from Ohio too. O'Rourke's influence?

Indiana has always pulled from saint louis as you know. lots of great teams in the 80s full of stl players. but slu was always right there with them and still has the most national championships of any program. but...slu in many ways reminds me of iu basketball. rich in talent in the area, financially devoted, fantastic stadium, tradition second to none, but for whatever reason just hasn’t been able to land the right coach. the iu bball teams with cheaney, bailey, Henderson etc were the same time as the last really good slu soccer teams too - world cup stars brian mcBride and mike sorber and a host of other super players. that was the same time as virginia had bruce arena. anyway SLU soccer has fallen like IU basketball has fallen. IU soccer just keeps rolling on and is in great hands at the helm for what should be many more years.

Last edited:
Too bad for SLU. I always found the DeSmet to Bloomington pipeline pretty amazing. Klein, Noonan and will Bruin were 3 great Hoosiers. I agree that Todd has really put the program back on solid ground. The new facility opens this fall, which will help too. Good times ahead at the Bill!

Reactions: snowling
Too bad for SLU. I always found the DeSmet to Bloomington pipeline pretty amazing. Klein, Noonan and will Bruin were 3 great Hoosiers. I agree that Todd has really put the program back on solid ground. The new facility opens this fall, which will help too. Good times ahead at the Bill!
Yes great memory. Harry Weiss too. I shared I play over 40 with some of the guys from the 80s and 90s. You wouldn’t believe it to see it. Fat, slow, super outdated gear lol. Yes I’m super excited to see the new facility! It will just keep IU at the top imo.

Apparently two stop shopping - St. Louis FC and Indiana Fire for five of their six recruits. Very efficient.

ADVERTISEMENT